App Binary RC 1.25.20200602 - Android Update

adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034
edited September 2020 in Release Notes

To get these benefits use "Build RC". It doesn't matter which version of GameSalad you publish with as long as it's a version 1.25.x. The goal of this RC line is to upgrade Android to Target API 29 (with a minimum of 21) and to upgrade Ad network libraries.

For people used to the old RC thread, I will be repeating features that are not present in the regular "Generate" build, so you know in total what you are getting with this RC. New fixes since the last RC will be in bold.

Android:

• Fixed issue with Mintegral, adding missing Mintegral SDK libraries.
  • Fixed issue with Google Play Achievements and Leaderboards.
  • Target API 29
  • Min API 21
  • IronSrc 6.16.1 and all mediated networks.
  • IronSrc: Fixed issue with Vungle SDKs being missing from the build.
  • Admob 19.1.0
  • Chartboost 8.0.2
  • Updated Freestick to 0.3.2 allowing for more controller support.
  • Removed loading of TIFF, EXR, and RAW images from freeimage.
  • Consolidated XML parsing to libxml2 (changing the table loader from expat).

iOS (No change since 1.25.20200521)

• IronSrc now includes all mediated networks.
  • IronSrc will temporarily not include AppLovin, HyperMX, and Maio networks until they are verified to have no references to UIWebView. This means you should be able to publish with IronSrc enabled. We may need to further adjust the integration of InMobi should UIWebView rejections still be a problem.
  • Publishing with IronSrc disabled will now exclude IronSrc libraries, making the binary smaller.
  • Fixed Admob Initialization Issue, Admob should work now.

Last Release: https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/97947/app-binary-rc-1-25-20200521-released/p1

Comments

• CSanoActCSanoAct Member Posts: 8

Thank you for the update, does this update have something to do with adding a 10MB ad folder to the .APK?

I randomly am now finding a folder called:

game.gameproj.ads.zip

and it is adding 10MB to my file size.

How can I remove this?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@CSanoAct hit publish RC again and it will be gone. We left it as an artifact in the build from testing.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Also, everyone. this build will likely crash on Android 10 as google introduced a bug in google play services. We have a fix using a recently released version that should be ready soon.