App Binary RC 1.25.20200706 - iOS Update

2»

Comments

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

@adent42 - I have already placed Chartboost at the top of the 'waterfall' so it should be receiving the first call, but still no ads are delivered. I'll give up on Chartboost for now... unless you find anything on your side. Thanks.

• takaharutakaharu Member, PRO Posts: 11
    edited August 2020

When you [Build RC] on Android, the following error appears.

Should I do that?

----- error contents ----------------

Something went wrong configuring your app. Please check your configuration and try again.If the problem persists contact us and reference publish request [03c90801-cba8-484b-a6df-4988571009a0].

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

@takaharu no, but i think i can fix that. gimme a sec.

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438
    edited August 2020

Is this on Android or iOS app. On Android I see impressions and clicks for my game. Screen shots for today so far:

I also confirmed that when my application launches the Chartboost adapter is there:

Are you sure you have a campaign running for you app in chartboost?

I also checked the request and response from my app and it looks correct:

Thanks @adriangomez , if you’re getting Chartboost ads through Ironsource (on android) then I must be doing something wrong!

This is my process - maybe you can see something that I’m missing:

1) Build game using the RC, Ironsource checked for Banners and Interstitial, Ironsource app key entered and all networks enabled for mediation.

2) My app is setup in Chartboost and an Interstitial Network Publishing Campaign created for it, Publishing Campaign is Active:

3) In Ironsource I’ve setup Chartboost in SDK Networks (entered the User Signature and User ID). I’ve then added Chartboost mediation to the app and entered the App ID and App Signature. Location is set to ‘Default’ - is this correct?

Interstitial and Banner ads status are set to Active:

Ads from the other mediated networks are working fine, but Chartboost ads don’t show in test mode or when live.

What have I missed?

What happens when you force the app to show Chartboost on your test device? Also what Android version is it using?

I get no ads shown at all when forcing Chartboost on the test device (other networks show as expected). My test device is running Android 9.

I was able to replicate your issue but I don't know if it is a GameSalad problem or Chartboost problem. If you look at the change log for Chartboost the version we are using had a problem that if it doesn't receive a response back fast enough it fails and can't recover for the session. It might be that.

Hello

[Build RC] I can't.

What should I do?

@adriangomez Just to be clear - you’ve manged to replicate the issue by publishing using the current RC?

I’ve currently published 3 games using Ironsource with the RC, between them they get about 2000 sessions a day but not a single Chartboost ad has been delivered. 

@adent42 - As mentioned above, this may be a Chartboost issue. Would it be possible to look at updating to the latest Chartboost SDK for android? - this may fix the issue.

From the Chartboost Changelog (for version 8.0.3):

Fixes:

• Fixed a callback issue on Android 4.x. Some devices were not triggering any callbacks which could lead to increased latency for mediation.
    • Fixed an issue where the SDK would freeze after losing connectivity.

edited August 2020

@takaharu What I have found is that if you are using Android and Ironsource you need to select Paggle as an advertiser or you get that error.

@DigiChain Yes I can replicate it on my Android 9, 10 device especially if I place it as the first provider in the water fall. I get terrible eCPM from them so they are at the bottom. As I showed you before, I do get impressions.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059

I'll hopefully be on this tomorrow. Just wanted to note that the pangle issue should be patched. We'll look into updating to Chartboost 8.0.3 (or whatever is current) in the next release.

@adriangomez Thank you. I was able to build without ads.

But I want to use advertising

@takaharu Sorry I think you miss-understood. You don't have to turn all off. Just keep pangle and whatever other network you want.

FYI new build out, but was concentrating on getting the child directed flags out there, so no updates to the chartboost sdk for ironsrc yet.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

Thanks @adent42 for the updates! While you're in turbo mode, I'll just link this export compliance page again hoping to keep it from dropping off your radar. No pressure, just one of those hopefully tiny changes that would make a huge difference.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/security/complying_with_encryption_export_regulations

@Armelline luckily the ITSAppUsesNonExemptEncryption flag doesn't require a full update, just a publishing tweak.

I just add it in there and set it to NO.

We're exempt because it's 1) Decryption Only, 2) for DRM.