let's get excited about Gamesalad again!

Hello all,

@adent42 I would like to ask for embedded web view.

It has been discussed before and combined with the network behavior it has tons of potential.

https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/88123/feature-request-webview-vote-for-it

Among the things that come in mind are:

Input fields which hopefully will trigger native keyboard.

Social login.

Camera picture to server.

Showing a picture from the server.

Showing videos.

And I'm sure others can come up with more ways to use it.

@adent42 I'll be happy to hear your thoughts on this one.

Thanks

Regards

Alex

Comments

• uptimistikuptimistik Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 25

nice suggestion..

GameSalad Templates and Custom Development at the Official Marketplace: http://gshelper.com

• nir3112nir3112 Member, PRO Posts: 220

That will be great but I don't think it will happened.. like all other suggested features users ask for on the forum..

a lot of features are missing from gamesalad and there is a lot of potential to make it the best program for making apps and games, maybe some we will have it all[=

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,851

This one would be lower in the list, not because it's not useful, but because it's much harder than a lot of stuff in the queue. But it is in the queue.

Another option would be to select a game/graphics pipeline focused HTML renderer. So it wouldn't be the full equivalent of a web view, but it would support a subset of html in a memory efficient way.

Either way, it's on the list.

• solnikasolnika Member Posts: 49

@uptimistik I agree!

@nir3112 well you have to keep trying, I do think this is the easiest engine out there, yes a lot of missing features for sure but it's quite powerful regardless.

I guess if there was enough demand maybe @adent42 would have think on push this up the list, but you don't see this thread packed with comments or any other thread for that matter.

It's such a shame to see how this community has vanish, It use to be one of the powerful sides of Gamesalad and still a great source of information.

If I wouldn't have the language barrier I would try to be more active, but posting with google translate takes to much time.

Thanks for the answer @adent42 , can you elaborate on the second option?

Nevertheless hope this come sooner than later.

Regards

Alex

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,851

Something like this rather than pulling in all of webkit: https://github.com/libRocket/libRocket

It really depends on how easy it is to pull in the browser in a cross platform way.

• solnikasolnika Member Posts: 49

Thanks for the link, I don't really understand it but I'll be happy to have it (:

Basically a full browser is very heavy to support and we'd have to write special code for each platform. LibRocket is a useful subset of HTML that can be less resource intensive and cross platform. The main thing you'd be missing is javascript.