App Binary RC 1.25.20200915 - iOS SKAdNetwork
To get these benefits use "Build RC". It doesn't matter which version of GameSalad you publish with as long as it's a version 1.25.x.
The goal of this RC line is to upgrade Android to Target API 29 (with a minimum of 21) and to upgrade Ad network libraries as well accompanying Android / Google libraries as well as upgrade iOS Libraries.
For people used to the old RC thread, I will be repeating features that are not present in the regular "Generate" build, so you know in total what you are getting with this RC. New fixes since the last RC will be in bold.
- Upgrade to Google Play Service Base & Basement 17.3.0.
- Target API 29
- Min API 21
- IronSrc 6.16.1 and all mediated networks.
- Admob 19.1.0
- Chartboost 8.0.2
- Support configuration that sets the Child Directed & Maximum Content rating settings.
- Deployment target of iOS 12.1 with SDK 13.x
- Update to IronSrc 220.127.116.11
- IronSrc now includes all mediated networks except HyperMX
- Publishing with IronSrc disabled will now exclude IronSrc libraries, making the binary smaller.
- IronSrc Banner Ad Support
- Update to Chartboost 8.3.1
- Chartboost Banner Ad Support
- Fix landscape loading image issue
- Fix interstitial ad display
- Support requestTrackingAuthorizationWithCompletionHandler
- Enable with the Enable Ad Network Attribution publishing option.
- Update to Admob 7.65.0
- Support configuration that sets the Child Directed & Maximum Content rating settings
- Support SKAdNetworkItems / SKAdNetworkIdentifier in publishing.
- Updated code to avoid potential crashes from background updates from IAP and GameCenter
- Accelerometer updates 1/30 of a second rather than 1/60, to hopefully better march old behavior.
- Updated Freestick to 0.3.2 allowing for more controller support.
- Removed loading of TIFF, EXR, and RAW images from freeimage
- Consolidated XML parsing to libxml2 (changing the table loader from expat)
- Engine now supports the Play Sound "Pitch" parameter. The code for positional audio is included, but optimization still needs to be done to have position changes match the native engine.
This build is to update to ad networks libraries that will support iOS 14 as well as supporting the SKAdNetwork features that will be required for an iOS 14 SDK build.
If there are no major issues with this build in the next few days, we will push it to mainline and then move on to building with an iOS 14 SDK / Xcode 12 beta and implementing the App Track Transparency dialog.
I think how we'll handle this is to give two publishing options. One is to open the dialog on first launch of the app. The second will be to open the dialog on the first ad display (so either via Show Banner Ad or Change Scene with ads. That way, you won't need to make any changes to your game to support this soon-to-be required dialog.