App Binary RC 1.25.20200915 - iOS SKAdNetwork

adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034
edited October 2020 in Release Notes

To get these benefits use "Build RC". It doesn't matter which version of GameSalad you publish with as long as it's a version 1.25.x.

The goal of this RC line is to upgrade Android to Target API 29 (with a minimum of 21) and to upgrade Ad network libraries as well accompanying Android / Google libraries as well as upgrade iOS Libraries.

For people used to the old RC thread, I will be repeating features that are not present in the regular "Generate" build, so you know in total what you are getting with this RC. New fixes since the last RC will be in bold.

Android:

• Upgrade to Google Play Service Base & Basement 17.3.0.
  • Target API 29
  • Min API 21
  • IronSrc 6.16.1 and all mediated networks.
  • Admob 19.1.0
  • Chartboost 8.0.2
  • Support configuration that sets the Child Directed & Maximum Content rating settings.

iOS:

• Changes
  • Deployment target of iOS 12.1 with SDK 13.x
  • Update to IronSrc 7.0.1.0
  • IronSrc now includes all mediated networks except HyperMX
    • Publishing with IronSrc disabled will now exclude IronSrc libraries, making the binary smaller.
    • IronSrc Banner Ad Support
  • Update to Chartboost 8.3.1
    • Chartboost Banner Ad Support
    • Fix landscape loading image issue
    • Fix interstitial ad display
  • Support requestTrackingAuthorizationWithCompletionHandler
  • Enable with the Enable Ad Network Attribution publishing option.
  • Update to Admob 7.65.0
    • Support configuration that sets the Child Directed & Maximum Content rating settings
  • Support SKAdNetworkItems / SKAdNetworkIdentifier in publishing.
  • Bugfixes
    • Updated code to avoid potential crashes from background updates from IAP and GameCenter
    • Accelerometer updates 1/30 of a second rather than 1/60, to hopefully better march old behavior.

Both:

• Updated Freestick to 0.3.2 allowing for more controller support.
  • Removed loading of TIFF, EXR, and RAW images from freeimage
  • Consolidated XML parsing to libxml2 (changing the table loader from expat)

Last Update: https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/98107/app-binary-rc-1-25-20200915-fix-interstitial-ads-fix-loading-images

HTML5:

• Engine now supports the Play Sound "Pitch" parameter. The code for positional audio is included, but optimization still needs to be done to have position changes match the native engine.

Notes:

This build is to update to ad networks libraries that will support iOS 14 as well as supporting the SKAdNetwork features that will be required for an iOS 14 SDK build.

If there are no major issues with this build in the next few days, we will push it to mainline and then move on to building with an iOS 14 SDK / Xcode 12 beta and implementing the App Track Transparency dialog.

I think how we'll handle this is to give two publishing options. One is to open the dialog on first launch of the app. The second will be to open the dialog on the first ad display (so either via Show Banner Ad or Change Scene with ads. That way, you won't need to make any changes to your game to support this soon-to-be required dialog.

Comments

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

Thanks for the adnetwork update.

Still, the supported language part does not work on publishing page with RC.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• furkangundogan91furkangundogan91 Member Posts: 2

Hi Adent42

We are trying to publish our game with ironsource but we cant find a place to put our appkey which we get from ironsource. We select admob and ironsource and it said we should put admob id which we did, but we cant find ironsource service settings.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

So you're not a pro subscriber. I set up IronSrc as Pro only ATM.

• hirobagameshirobagames Member, PRO Posts: 15

Hi,

Whenever we create with rc and acticate ironsource game crashes.error is Unexpected error resolution failed

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436

On iOS or Android? What is the error in the console? I have not seen this and a game on Amazon, iOS and Android.

edited October 2020

Android. Phone is Samsung Note 8.We try the same game with Chartboost we didnt change anything everything works fine when we didnt use ironsource but if we use ironsource and select rc game crashes Error says (Unexpexted error failed resolution) and we didnt select rc ironsource doest show any ads but error is gone.

Also we will be happy to use Tapdaq but when we select Tapdaq it doesnt even generate the apk. We waited like 24 hours.

Did you include the application id in the services panel for Admob? The app will crash on startup if you don't provide it. What error do you get in the adb console?

I will try that and inform you back

• furkangundogan91furkangundogan91 Member Posts: 2

Same again I put admob app id and all but whenever we put ironsource app key it gives an error (Unexpected error: Failed resolution of: Lcom/iab/omid/library/ironsrc/Omid)

Same whenever we activate ironsource it gives an error (Unexpected error: Failed resolution of: Lcom/iab/omid/library/ironsrc/Omid)

@hirobagames I assume by this conversation that you mean on the publishing console you get the error. Can you take screenshot of what that console looks like. I just built for Android and it works as expected. Here is what mine looks like and what i click on:

No we didnt get error while generating we get an error while we open the app on the phone

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@hirobagames if you saw a crash related to com.iab.omid.library.ironsource, please regenerate with RC.

The error happened if you enable ironsource but don't enable inmobi as a mediated network.

Will try it thanks

• AshumBesherAshumBesher Member, PRO Posts: 121

Today I got an email from Chartboost saying my publishing permissions for my new game have been rejected. I used RC and I set the minimum SDK to 21, so I'm a bit stumped. What do I do? (Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask)

@AshumBesher could you PM me the full email notification! Thanks!

I just finished IronSrc, so now I'm verifying the Chartboost upgrade.

@adent42 The new ironsrc is up?

edited November 2020

Not yet, still working on the android builds. Should be sometime this week (along with related Chartboost and Admob updates).

• AshumBesherAshumBesher Member, PRO Posts: 121

Any update on Chartboost on Android?

Still working on it!