App Binary RC 1.25.20210122 - iOS Ad Network Version Updates
To get these benefits use "Build RC". It doesn't matter which version of GameSalad you publish with as long as it's a version 1.25.x.
For people used to the old RC thread, I will be repeating features that are not present in the regular "Generate" build, so you know in total what you are getting with this RC. New fixes since the last RC will be in bold.
This build is a quick update to upgrade SDK versions (mostly because Chartboost is blocking advertising if you're on an older SDK version).
- Target API 29
- Min API 21
- Upgrade to Google Play Service Base & Basement 17.3.0.
- Use Google Billing Client 3.0 instead of deprecated AIDL billing library.
- IronSrc 188.8.131.52 and all mediated networks.
- Admob 19.4.0
- Chartboost 8.1.0
- Support configuration that sets the Child Directed & Maximum Content rating settings.
- Fixed bug where FireTV would pause on launch leading to app reviewers to think the game has frozen.
- Publishing with IronSrc disabled will now exclude IronSrc libraries, making the binary smaller.
- IronSrc Banner Ad Support
- Chartboost Banner Ad Support
- Support configuration that sets the Child Directed & Maximum Content rating settings
- Deployment target of iOS 12.1 with SDK 13.x
- Update to IronSrc 184.108.40.206
- IronSrc now includes all mediated networks except HyperMX
- Update to Chartboost 8.4.0
- Update to Admob 7.69.0
- Enable with the Enable Ad Network Attribution publishing option.
- Support requestTrackingAuthorizationWithCompletionHandler
- Support SKAdNetworkItems / SKAdNetworkIdentifier in publishing.
- Support paymentQueue listener for App Store promotion purchases of IAP (untested).
- Fix landscape loading image issue
- Fix interstitial ad display
- Updated code to avoid potential crashes from background updates from IAP and GameCenter
- Accelerometer updates 1/30 of a second rather than 1/60, to hopefully better march old behavior.
- Fixed Admob Banner Ad sizing
- Updated Freestick to 0.3.2 allowing for more controller support.
- Removed loading of TIFF, EXR, and RAW images from freeimage
- Consolidated XML parsing to libxml2 (changing the table loader from expat)
We've heard some issues testing IAP. The Google Billing Client is a bit harder to test with than the older implementation, but it's required for certain Google promotions that some users want to take advantage of. We suggest deploying your app to Alpha or Beta channel, and then testing
We're in the midst of pushing for Android ad updates and Expansion files for the next release. We hope to be in testing next week and releasing at the end of next week or the first week of February.