App Binary RC 1.25.20210122 - iOS Ad Network Version Updates

adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054
edited January 2021 in Release Notes

To get these benefits use "Build RC". It doesn't matter which version of GameSalad you publish with as long as it's a version 1.25.x.

For people used to the old RC thread, I will be repeating features that are not present in the regular "Generate" build, so you know in total what you are getting with this RC. New fixes since the last RC will be in bold.

This build is a quick update to upgrade SDK versions (mostly because Chartboost is blocking advertising if you're on an older SDK version).

Android:

Changes

• Target API 29
  • Min API 21
  • Upgrade to Google Play Service Base & Basement 17.3.0.
  • Use Google Billing Client 3.0 instead of deprecated AIDL billing library.
  • IronSrc 7.0.3.1 and all mediated networks.
  • Admob 19.4.0
  • Chartboost 8.1.0
  • Support configuration that sets the Child Directed & Maximum Content rating settings.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug where FireTV would pause on launch leading to app reviewers to think the game has frozen.

iOS:

Changes

• Publishing with IronSrc disabled will now exclude IronSrc libraries, making the binary smaller.
  • IronSrc Banner Ad Support
  • Chartboost Banner Ad Support
  • Support configuration that sets the Child Directed & Maximum Content rating settings
  • Deployment target of iOS 12.1 with SDK 13.x
  • Update to IronSrc 7.1.0.0
  • IronSrc now includes all mediated networks except HyperMX
  • Update to Chartboost 8.4.0
  • Update to Admob 7.69.0
  • Enable with the Enable Ad Network Attribution publishing option.
  • Support requestTrackingAuthorizationWithCompletionHandler
  • Support SKAdNetworkItems / SKAdNetworkIdentifier in publishing.
  • Support paymentQueue listener for App Store promotion purchases of IAP (untested).

Fixes

• Fix landscape loading image issue
  • Fix interstitial ad display
  • Updated code to avoid potential crashes from background updates from IAP and GameCenter
  • Accelerometer updates 1/30 of a second rather than 1/60, to hopefully better march old behavior.
  • Fixed Admob Banner Ad sizing

Both:

• Updated Freestick to 0.3.2 allowing for more controller support.
  • Removed loading of TIFF, EXR, and RAW images from freeimage
  • Consolidated XML parsing to libxml2 (changing the table loader from expat)

Last Update: https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/98205/app-binary-rc-1-25-20201210-android-ad-updates-google-billing-client-ios#latest

We've heard some issues testing IAP. The Google Billing Client is a bit harder to test with than the older implementation, but it's required for certain Google promotions that some users want to take advantage of. We suggest deploying your app to Alpha or Beta channel, and then testing

We're in the midst of pushing for Android ad updates and Expansion files for the next release. We hope to be in testing next week and releasing at the end of next week or the first week of February.

Comments

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263
    edited January 2021

Thank you fine sir. Hopefully you can fix Google IAP when possible!

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438

Just a couple of notes that are not big deals for me:

1. On my machine, I am not able to sign the ipa with gamesalad. I can sign my games manually so this isn't a big deal for me, but wanted to mention it. I am using GS1.25.100 to sign but all the recent changes have been done on creator 2 online. My xCode version is 12.4. I get the following error: "/var/folders/g7/228q7d756xl4c4myywwqzp8h0000gp/T/GameSalad0/1/chancleta.app/Frameworks/SAKSDK.framework/_CodeSignature: bundle format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable".
    2. The second issue is with the SKAdNetworkItems in the Info.plist. It only has one value (which I assume is the ironsource one). And that value is upper case. Apple confirmed recently that the values have to be all lower case. And all the adapter have their own entries and some have multiple entries. Again this is not a big deal for me. I just change the Info.plist before signing it. But just wanted to bring it up. You can find the ironsource documentation here: https://developers.ironsrc.com/ironsource-mobile/ios/ios-14-network-support/ and you can find my current list here: https://gist.github.com/agramonte/abfdb93e90ff86f39b971e1e8e93793d.

• BaguvixBaguvix Member Posts: 54

@adriangomez I can't sign my iOS app either. I get the same error (CodeSignature: bundle format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable). Last time I successfully signed was on January 16. I tried signing again on January 27 and this error started. It happens only with "Build RC". With the main generate the signing process works just fine.

I am using a tool from Microfocus market place to sign my apps. No problem so far. You have to create an account to download it but it is free.

The company:

The tool:

And my settings to sign. Select Agent/L, where the IPA you downloaded from GameSalad, where you want the signed IPA, and location of your provision profile. I'll let you know what Apple says about this when I upload the update in a few hours.

• BaguvixBaguvix Member Posts: 54

@adriangomez I wasn't aware of this tool. Sounds like a practical workaround. Thank you very much sir!

@baguvix I can confirm that it works. Although you don't have to do anything before you sign it for your test devices. Apple will complain when you try to upload it to iTunes about the same framework files. I looked at the files and they appear to be related to the "snap" ad network. Since I am not using Snap, I just deleted the entire framework folder (<nameofapp>.app/Frameworks/SAKSDK.framework) and re-signed it with my distribution key. Uploaded it to Apple and it got approved. I tested it with test flight and absolutely no issues.

@Baguvix Last update on this highjacked thread. It was approved by apple and it is now live.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

We're looking into the signing problems. In the mean time an alternative to @adriangomez 's suggestion we also suggest the open source iOS App Signer:

https://dantheman827.github.io/ios-app-signer/

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

We found what's potentially the problem with Android IAP and hope to have fix up soon.