Free Art and Graphics!!!! (Assets, Backgrounds, Art Packs, Etc…)

tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
Due to the Recent Generosity of Members offering up Free Art to the Community I have created this thread that will remain a Sticky within the Art and Graphics Category of the Forum.

So Post all of your free art here so we can keep it all in one place.

Another thing, While I understand the need to make sure these very generous ppl understand how much we appreciate their work lets try and not fill this thread will comments about the art so we can keep this thread nice and tidy and very useful for everyone to find this great art.

If you have an old thread that has not been added to this feel free to repost it to this thread Or PM me a link and I'll merge it in as long as your old thread is newer than the date on this post.

I have edited and old useless Thread of mine to give it an older date so this post stays at the top of the thread. So don't be shocked about the Year old Date. :)

Enjoy and I hope this really helps ppl out. I'll be trying to merge in several of the most recent Free art Threads I have seen recently.

Thanks
Aaron

Edit: Something for the art posters to keep in mind. a lot of time when you post an image in the forum is it resized at some point either from the image host or the forum. so if you are intending on making high res backgrounds for example. Make sure you proved a download link to the full size image. If its not your intent definitely no big deal. The arts free and beggars cant be choosy. Just mentioning it for you to keep n mind. as I have noticed lots of the back ground images are very odd sizes.

Comments

• PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    Two ways... use a counter, subtract as actors are destroyed, if zero then next scene.

You could also use the "Otherwise" portion of the rule. If overlap or collides with actor... do nothing... otherwise change scene.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    create an integer attribute (game.NumberOfActors)

In each actor that needs to be destroyed have a change attribute behavior:
    -change game.NumberOfActors to game.NumberOfActors+1

This will set the number of actors to be destroyed automatically.

Then in each actor that needs to be destroyed put another change attribute behavior in the destroy rule BEFORE the destroy actor behavior:
    -change game.NumberOfActors to game.NumberOfActors-1

Then in an invisible actor (NOT one that gets destroyed) have a rule that says

when game.numberOfActors=0
    -do win sequence (change scene, etc.)

If you find that GS is reading this last rule before loading in all of the actors that are setting the actor number you may want to wrap that last rule in a rule that says:
    -when self.time > 2

That way it will not check it for 2 seconds and this way you will not need to use a timer by using self.time.
  • gamedivisiongamedivision Member Posts: 807
    here are a couple of backgrounds i banged out real quick,they come with the illustrator files and the png file if you don't have illustrator.hope you like them and from time to time i'll be putting stuff up for free,or if you have some requests and its simple enough i'll do them.

thanks

DownLoad
    download link working missed one digit off it
  • 11clock11clock Member Posts: 450
    The first background looks like it could work with one of my iPad games. Can you upload an iPad version of it? I'd hate to resize it because it would lose quality.
    not if you have illustrator,let me know
  • 11clock11clock Member Posts: 450
    gamedivisionuk said:
    not if you have illustrator,let me know

I don't have Illustrator.
    ok give me a sec and ill upload iPad version
    Here is a buttons pack I've just throw together help yourself, illustrator files enclosed

DownLoad
    Ipad version for people who haven't got illustrator
    DownLoad
    this was one of the very first characters i made in illustrator i haven't used him so he's free to anyone who wants to download and use,illustrator files included.
    enjoy

DownLoad

Here is a selection of trees i made, help yourself to use and alter as much as you want,illustrator files included.this does take a little time to upload so it would be nice if you said thanks

DownLoad
  • icanmakeicanmake Member Posts: 466
    thanks man this is awesome.
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    sorry dbl post sous delete
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    thanks
    Calvin
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Thanks Man. These Free Art files are awesome!!
  • RumiRumi Member, PRO Posts: 343
    Oooooooh! Free stuff!
    ALL MINE!
    but seriously, these images and buttons are awesome!
  • klickonnklickonn Member Posts: 9
    thanks man
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    very nice indeedy...
  • keweworkshopkeweworkshop Member Posts: 377
    Awesome, thanks!
  • BackUpAndDownBackUpAndDown Member Posts: 685
    Heres my contribution, enjoy!

To learn how to use these images easily with Gamesalad click here: http://indiegamelog.tumblr.com/gamesaladbackground
    Im glad to see people have added even more to the ones I merged in. Heres something to keep in mind I just edited the first post to include this reminder.

"Something for the art posters to keep in mind. a lot of time when you post an image in the forum is it resized at some point either from the image host or the forum. so if you are intending on making high res backgrounds for example. Make sure you proved a download link to the full size image. If its not your intent definitely no big deal. The arts free and beggars cant be choosy. Just mentioning it for you to keep n mind. as I have noticed lots of the back ground images are very odd sizes."

Thanks guys the community definitely can benefit from this generosity.

Again if anyone knows of other other free art threads let me know and i'll add them in here.
  • MegapixelIdeasMegapixelIdeas Member, PRO Posts: 476
    tenrdrmer said:
    Im glad to see people have added even more to the ones I merged in. Heres something to keep in mind I just edited the first post to include this reminder.

"Something for the art posters to keep in mind. a lot of time when you post an image in the forum is it resized at some point either from the image host or the forum. so if you are intending on making high res backgrounds for example. Make sure you proved a download link to the full size image. If its not your intent definitely no big deal. The arts free and beggars cant be choosy. Just mentioning it for you to keep n mind. as I have noticed lots of the back ground images are very odd sizes."

Thanks guys the community definitely can benefit from this generosity.

Again if anyone knows of other other free art threads let me know and i'll add them in here.

You can just open the images in a new tab and they will be full size again
    rodh100 said:
    You can just open the images in a new tab and they will be full size again

And What Im saying is sometimes the image host itself resizes the images. For example if I upload an image to my google docs it always downsizes it and I can never find a full size version. even the download link doesn't do full size. Some of RSK's first images using the method you just said would come up with 771x600 although thats obviously not the size he drew them at.

Its just a reminder to the artist so their art is as useful as possible to the most people. and that the people they are giving it to are getting what the artist intended for.
  • UnicornifyUnicornify Member Posts: 118

Free Art
    its almost as if this is a contest to see who can get the most, best art out there for free.
    RKS said:
    icanmake said:
    its almost as if this is a contest to see who can get the most, best art out there for free

RKS replies: LOL kinda is. EDIT: doesn't mean I'm not going to win... EDIT #2: I have 17 graphics on this post :]

but whos counting?......i guess u are =D
  • outasiteoutasite Member Posts: 417
    icanmake said:
    its almost as if this is a contest to see who can get the most, best art out there for free.

Please don't get mad at me guys... Hah. I think It would be much 'cleaner' if your art files are complied together in one zip package and provide 1 picture displaying a few of the files. And the people who pick up your free stuff will enjoy this too. Seeing as everything will be in one place for them.

Here is my first package. Put it on about a month ago, but it needs to be in here.
    2 sets of sunbursts, solid colors & gradient colors
    9 Different Sunbursts.
    13 different color variations.

Download Here
    Photobucket
    Download Here

Edit 1: @RKS I have like 234 on that one... :P
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    outasite said:
    Please don't get mad at me guys... Hah. I think It would be much 'cleaner' if your art files are complied together in one zip package and provide 1 picture displaying a few of the files. And the people who pick up your free stuff will enjoy this too. Seeing as everything will be in one place for them.

Here is my first package. Put it on about a month ago, but it needs to be in here.
    2 sets of sunbursts, solid colors & gradient colors
    9 Different Sunbursts.
    13 different color variations.

Download Here
    Photobucket
    Download Here

Edit 1: @RKS I have like 234 on that one... :P

+1 to the whole package thing. And great job by the way!

- Alex
  • outasiteoutasite Member Posts: 417
    Alright I started working on this one a while back, when tendrmer and I were first talking about making a Free Art Sticky. So Here it is.

A Free Border Pack for your icons. Includes 3 different types of borders.
    - Hard Edges
    - Soft Edged
    - Striped Edged
    And a PSD file, so you can make your own desired color if I missed it.
    I think it has around 86 512X512 .jpg images for you.

Download Here
    Photobucket
    Download Here