January Game of the Month (and the DECEMBER WINNER!!)

LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 650
edited January 2012 in Announce Your Game!
Greetings Community!

We are happy to announce the winner for the GameSalad Game of the Month December...(drum roll, please).....

Congratulations to 8BitGrenade's Snap Trap! We are in love with this challenging puzzle style game.

Check out and comment on our blog feature on Snap Trap here:http://gamesalad.com/blog/snap-trap-gamesalads-game-of-the-month-december

Now, onto Game of the Month January! We are excited, as always, to see your submissions!

A few reminders again about how it works:

Each month for a one- two week time period, I will open a “sticky” forum thread for submissions. And the end of the month, the GameSalad team will choose its favorite and announce the winner within the first week of the next month.

We will contact the winner via email within the last week of each month. Each winner will be asked to complete a Developer questionnaire. I will use this information to create a developer bio and to craft a blog post that promotes your awesomeness!

We will feature the Game of the Month in dedicated Facebook, Twitter, and GameSalad.com blog posts.

The Ground Rules:

Submission:
Apps must be posted within the sticky thread in order for it to be considered
You can submit your app for multiple months (for example: you release updates and would like the game to be reconsidered)
We prefer that you submit with a Youtube video of gameplay/trailer

Contacting the Winner:
In order to be featured, winners will have one week to submit answers to a questionnaire (for us to compile a featured bio).
Preference (if applicable): App has a “Lite” version ready for Arcade upload

Let the submissions begin and keep those great games coming!

Lauren

Comments

• LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKMember, Sous Chef Posts: 956
    Congrats 8Bit!

Here's my submission.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monstrous/id469593385?mt=8

Take on the demon realm in this gravity and reality shifting puzzle game. Easy one touch controls allow you to flip the entire world so that you may fall upon your prey. The dark, beautiful landscape will play with your mind as you travel through this multi-perspective panoramic world set between the past and the present. Banish your foes, before you become their prey!

-Stunning Retina Graphics
    -30 Challenging Puzzle Levels
    -Increase the challenge with blind runs and speed trials
    -Unique, detailed graphics
    -Multi-perspective panoramic landscape
    -Epic soundtrack
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Member Posts: 1,447
    Here's mine:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aetherium-i-the-escape/id485935697?mt=8

Run for your life and collect stars until you’ve got enough energy to strike back. Survive for as long as you can and take down as many aliens as possible while trying to control up to three objects at once.

Three modes of play:
    • Easy: Survive and try to strike back while controlling one spaceship.
    • Hard: Survive and try to strike back while controlling two spaceships at once.
    • Impossible: Survive and try to strike back while controlling two spaceships and a load of Aetherium at once.

Four player modes: easy, hard, impossible and 2 players
    3 beautiful, original tracks
    3 fun mini games
    19 achievements

Fully translated in English, Italian, German, French and Spanish

edited January 2012

congratulations 8bit

Here is my submission :
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cheeseman/id453725308?mt=8&uo=4

CheeseMan is a 2D Platformer where you play with that little piece of cheese called “CheeseMan”.

CheeseMan’s quest is to save the Cheese Land from the evil “Professor Mousky” with the help of “Cheesette”, a tough cheese girl who doesn't need a plumber to save her .

As for the controls, it was the main focus to make it simple and highly intuitive. Only 2 buttons to move left and right and a jump button to jump,double jump, wall jump. You can fully enjoy the game without freaking out about missing a button ...

But that doesn't mean the game is easy … WAS IT EVER EASY TO SAVE A WORLD ???

FEATURES

- Very “easy to learn” controls , 2 buttons for the directions and one button for jump related actions.
    - Skill and reflex challenges which will revive the SNES boy or girl in you .
    - 42 levels divided in 3 worlds.
    - CheeseMan Transformations.
    - Choose you character.
    - Funny Bosses .
    - Very cool retro sound track by BubbleGum Octopus
  • lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
    Submission from Lycette Bros.:

hellozoo

http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/hellozoo/id472567248?mt=8

Roar like a tiger! Bark like a dog!
    Animated animal faces and sounds.This version includes:
    tiger, monkey, gorilla, pig, panda, chipmunk, seal pup, bear, duck, dog, cat, koala
  • GameTeamOneGameTeamOne Member, PRO Posts: 88
    Wow, all great submissions so far! I am really excited at what all of you guys are coming up with.

@LiquidGameWorks
    I like the presentation of your game and how you use it to set yourself apart from other world flipping games. Great trailer too. Really sparks my curiosity and leaves me wanting more.

@MarkOnTheIron
    I like your production value and interesting take on chase/snake style action game. Are you working on an iPad version? I bet those graphics would look SLICK on the big screen.

@hich4m
    Cheese Man is already a favorite of Game Team One! Don't think that automatically gives you the edge ;) Seriously though, I have not played a tighter controlling jump action game made with GameSalad that still manages to run at 40-60fps on iPhone.

and @LycetteBros
    What I like most about your app is how different it is from what the typical GameSalad developer is doing. hellozoo looks fun, practical and polished.

Keep up the great work. I'll do my best to chime in on future posts.
  • MelodyCatsMelodyCats Member, PRO Posts: 128
    edited January 2012
    Hello - here's my submission of Rhythm Cat:
    iphone: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rhythmcat/id488167475?ls=1&mt=8
    android: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.stockmusicboutique.rhythmcat3

Rhythm Cat is a game to help kids and adults learn to read music rhythm notations in the most fun way possible! This is the free version of the game.

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277
    edited January 2012
    Hi, here’s my submission of 'Dungeon of the Damned':
    http://itunes.apple.com/app/dungeon-of-the-damned/id464741681?mt=8

‘Dungeon of the Damned’ combines classic point & click adventure gameplay with old-school 3D dungeon exploration… can you escape from the ‘Dungeon of the Damned’?

Features:
    - Classic point & click adventure gameplay.
    - Explorable grid-based 3D dungeon.
    - Rendered 3D graphics bring the dungeon to life.
    - A variety of puzzle types to solve, including:
    - Objects to collect and use,
    - Levers and secret passages to find,
    - Switches, pressure pads and portals!
    - Enemies to battle.
    - Atmospheric sound design and effects.
    - Save your game at any point.
  • JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    edited January 2012
    Bunny Spin HD!

PS - what do you use to record?

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Brace yourself for a bouncing adventure!

Occasionally, there comes an iPad app that can take away hours of your spare time. Bunny Spin is the latest game that will do just that.

Help the rabbit collect all his carrots by bouncing from wheel to wheel.
    Think before you bounce and be sure to avoid the nasty spikes.

This is a game anybody can pick up and play.

BETA testers said;

"The game is captivating, and is definitely something that people could use to solve boredom"

"The idea of the game is simple, yet effective, the graphics are really well done, and are high quality, there is no lag at all"

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Features:

•36 FUN and CHALLENGING levels and 3 Worlds!
    •Brilliant mix of realistic physics and cartoon slapstick.
    •Glorious HIGH DEFINITION graphics, bursting with colour.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Congrats to 8BitGrenade! Here's our first app submission for the App of the Month Contest...our latest game iRound Up!

App Description:
    So you wanna be a cowboy? Or maybe a cowgirl? It’s not as easy as it sounds as you try to round up various targets while ‘falling’ onto the platforms in each arena. Tap left or right to rotate 90 deg. in that direction. As a cowboy or cowgirl, round up the bulls. Or choose a farm dog to gather in the sheep. Or maybe become a sheriff and shoot the bandits. All 3 available arenas contain 15 levels, some with an increasing number of targets, some with more obstacles to overcome to get to the targets. Unlock the next level by completing the previous one in order to move through the game. After each group of 15 levels, your score will be automatically uploaded to the Game Center Leaderboards, unless you turn this feature off as you may elect to do. The graphics and sounds will entice you to play until you’ve become the round up expert! Be sure to watch the in-app Tutorial for tips on how to get the best time.

Features:
    • 45 total levels of addicting physics based gameplay
    • 15 cowboy/cowgirl vs. bull levels
    • 15 farm dog vs. sheep levels
    • 15 sheriff vs. bandit levels
    • In-app tutorial to demonstrate the best practices for playing the game
    • Fall on each target by tapping in the desired area of the screen
    • Quickly gather all 150+ targets in each arena
    • Combined total of nearly 460 targets to gather throughout the game
    • High scores page automatically keeps track of your best time for each level in each arena
    • Ability to choose the gender of your character
    • Shake to pause the game
    • Hours of fun and addicting physics and puzzle gameplay
    • Amazing and engaging graphics
    • Optional lively music to keep you entertained
    • Game Center Leaderboards (Optional)

Hope you like it!

- Alex
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    Here is mine,
    ePig Monster Smasher!
    (On the App Store Next Week)

Join this Chilling New Adventure in a Strange Dimension of a Creepy Worlds!

Get Ready for some fearsome fun in the next Monster hit from e-pig games!

"Life on the farm is always fun! Until one day a strange portal appears and transports Eddie the pig to a strange and scary place!

Now, guide Eddie around the treacherous Cemetery, Midnight, Halloween and Inferno worlds by rotating the levels themselves left or right!

Then use gravity to smash as many evil creatures as you can, but make sure you land on their heads! And don't fall out of the levels! You'll regret it!

Along the way, you'll meet enemies such as Vampires, Skeletons, Mummies and many other horrific creatures of the Night! Even the fearsome Reaper makes an appearance!

New gameplay elements are added in each world, making this a game you'll play for an eternity!

The more creatures you smash, the higher your ranking, so what are you waiting for? Help Eddie smash evil and get his bacon home in one piece!"

*Play the first awesome world (15 levels!) completely free!

*Three more worlds available for a total of 60 levels!

*Huge variety with new gameplay on every world including gravity blocks, teleporters and bosses!

*Smash dozens of evil creatures including Skeletons, Zombies, Vampires, Mummies, Frankenstein and Cerberus!

*Fear the Reaper! Some enemies, like the terrifying reaper, can't be destroyed! Avoid them!

*Amazing Retina Display graphics (on supported devices) bring Eddie and his undead enemies to life!

*GameCenter leader boards - smash your friends' world records!

*Plan your escape by zooming out the levels and noting where the enemies are located!

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    edited January 2012
    I'm submitting my game A Long Way Home again for review. I released this game last summer, and it did not do as well as I would have hoped. I got featured by apple, but in the iPhone category, so it effectively got lost. I converted it to the iPhone yesterday and it's awaiting review, so fingers crossed, it will be released on the iPhone this month:

App Description:
    You have been stranded 100 light years from Earth, can you survive the long way home?

After a catestrophic ship explosion, you must make your way home 1 light year at a time. Encounter exploding asteroids, teleporting dark matter, comets and more on your epic journey home.

A Long Way Home is a ambient action / physics / puzzle game set in space. Making you way through 100 levels across 10 stages you must jump from asteroid to asteroid collecting enough dark matter to open a portal to the next level.

Featuring:
    - GAMECENTER Leaderboards for each stage
    - 100 Levels
    - Physics Style Gameplay
    - 3 Control Types (Accelerometer, Hot Zones and Onscreen Buttons)
    - Stunning Graphics
    - Fantastic Ambient Music

• MediaBrosMediaBros Member, PRO Posts: 26
    edited January 2012
    Submission for IPAD- IPHONE - KINDEL, NOOK and BLACKBERRY
    ******** In The Mix V2 ***********

In The Mix In The Mix

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kyrie-london-in-the-mix-white/id417208244?mt=8
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kyrie-london-in-the-mix-black/id419067863?ls=1&mt=8

http://www.mediabrothersinc.com/
    http://www.kyrielondon.com/

The ultimate fan experience for hearing music in a way that people
    outside of a recording studio rarely get to hear!!!!

Get ready to play the Music App of the Year, Kyrie London In The Mix Game! Indulge the creative spark in you with this one of a kind, exciting game that allows you to remix songs from the brand new artist’s Debut Album before it’s even been released in stores. Get the first listen and put your own spin on the music. Get those fingers tapping and your soul pumping. There’s never been a game or app like it before. Enjoy supersonic sound quality and get an inside secret peak at the way the big record companies get those songs you love so much sounding so good! It’s not as easy as you may think! MTV says, “It goes beyond any expectations for a music App. This game will blow you away!”

The crowd is cheering now. You’re in control. See if you’ve got what it takes to be a Grammy winning pro! Keep practicing because the remix contest comes this summer and there are bucks to be had. Insanely addictive – This is a must Download!

Multitrack (also known as multitracking or just tracking for short) is a method of sound recording that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources to create a cohesive whole. Multitracking became possible with the idea of simultaneously recording different audio channels to separate discrete "tracks" on the same tape—a "track" was simply a different channel recorded to its own discrete area on tape whereby their relative sequence of recorded events would be preserved, and playback would be simultaneous or synchronized

- Faster Game Play
    - Updated Mix Tracks
    - New Sync Lock
    - New themes, graphics and effects
    - Audio sonic improvements
    - New loop-based music creation tool
    - Reduced memory size for faster downloading

In The Mix
  • ChobbifaceChobbiface PRO Posts: 491
    edited January 2012
    Wow too many strong entries this month. For what it's worth, here's my submission:

Simple Life http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/simple-life/id488531277?mt=8

Simple Life is a unique hybrid app with relaxation modes, mini-fun modes and gameplay modes

Players can explore three different modes each filled with unique fun and games:

RELAXATION MODE
    Choose from life on the beach, sunshine, rain, or prehistoric modes

MINI-FUN MODES
    Explore day and night interactively in Simple Life mode, defy the laws of physics with anti-gravity mode, shoot fireballs and even travel through deep space!

GAME MODE
    Traverse the skyline and jump through the clouds in this endless runner game

Features include:
    * Simple touch and tilt controls
    * Game Center Leaderboards
    * Beautiful Retina display graphics and engaging
    soundtracks
    * Appealing gameplay and fun suitable for all ages

And congratulations 8BitGrenade!
  • GameTeamOneGameTeamOne Member, PRO Posts: 88
    Wow there are a number of world flipping games in the list. I like how each has its own look and feel! EPig looks polished as always:)

@MediaBros, In The Mix looks super polished and pretty innovative. I will have to check it out. I havent gotten a chance to do any music-centric GS games yet and I am excited to try.

You guys are gonna give me a lot to play this weekend. Good work.
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    edited January 2012
    @gameteamone
    Some tough competition for this months one,!
    Now the chefs are gonna have to decide on some pretty good recipes!
  • coojamcoojam Member Posts: 26
    It's only just made it on the App Store, but I'd like to throw Duck Up! into the mix.

Duck Up! is a colourful challenge-based platformer where you help Doug the Duck rescue his ducklings who are lost around the house. The first release features 9 challenges in one level and the game will grow over time.

I'll keep it short and sweet for now!

iTunes Link:
    http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/duck-up!/id492111430?mt=8

Release Trailer:

• codematescodemates Member Posts: 112
    I guess it won't hurt to try :) Here's my submission...

Kid Ninja Training - The 1st of a series.
    I really enjoyed making this first game because I learnt a lot and I worked with my son using his voice and feedback.

iTunes link
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kid-ninja-training/id492096249?ls=1&mt=8

Official GS Announcement thread
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/37640/kid-ninja-training-now-available

Trailer

Screenshot
  • AHBGamesAHBGames Member, PRO Posts: 115
    edited January 2012
    Hey guys, Here's my submission...

Códigos QR / Qr Codes

Thanks for your support...
  • giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Member, PRO Posts: 914
    I'm submitting my new game!

Name: Round About
    Price: 0.99$
    iPhone Version Link
    iPad Version Link

Description:
    Round About is a fun game for all ages. The aim of the game is to control the flow of cars entering the roundabout and to make sure that they exit safely into the road of their same colour.
    By simply tapping the screen, the cars can change lanes to avoid crashing into each other and the traffic lights can be turned from red to green to allow the cars to turn right.
    You will gain one point for each car exiting the roundabout correctly, but be careful, if you hit another car the game is over!
    The challenge is to keep the cars flowing for as long as possible and to beat your highest score!

Youtube Video:

• MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    Finally! ePig Monster Smasher is now on the app store for you guys to test it!
    http://itunes.apple.com/app/epig-monster-smasher/id468148410
    Cheers.
  • GraphicWarehouseGraphicWarehouse Member Posts: 927
    Everyone you all lost MagoNicolas beat everyone by a longshot
  • micksolomicksolo Member Posts: 264
    It's Rainin Donuts!

www.5MinuteSiesta.com - for more info

It's Rainin' Donuts! Take your Rocket out of mothballs, hurtle up into the air as high as you can go and plummet like a boulder towards the ground, munching as many donuts as you can!

The higher you go, the longer you’ll have on the way down...

But you’re not some kind of genetic freak, the more donuts you eat, the fatter you get making it harder to dodge the nasty birds that are taking up your airspace.

Finally, land on the soft, feather bed to break your fall otherwise splat on the rock hard ground...and fail :(

"One of the year's most fun iPhone games!"

Here's what you'll get:

* Rocket up into the air, munching cupcakes for fuel to go higher.

* The higher you go without falling off screen, the longer you'll get to fall down.

* Hurtle through the air munching donuts, avoiding nasty birds who'll get in your way

* Land on the moving bed to successfully complete the game!

* Pick up and play - simple accelerometer controls.

* Game Center Leaderboards - Record your best efforts in single level and all time records.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Wow!... quite simply...wow!

Just looking through all this months entries... so many polished, professional games... the old days of developing sub par games with GameSalad seem to be well behind us...

'Kyrie London In The Mix Game'... looks very intriguing...

the ePig franchise continues to grow (saw the ads on TouchArcade too, glad to see your spending your winnings wisely'.

I loved 'A long way home' on the ipad, which I no longer have, so looking forward to getting it again on my iphone.

Cheese man, is quite simply amazing...the best platformer I've seen to date made with GS.

Hellozoo...looks like I need to buy that... my daughter will love it ... well actually I will..

Not sure how my current game would stack up against this lot...we shall see next month (hopefully).
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    edited January 2012
    Well, it's time I join in on the fun!

Penguin Pounce is finally here!
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/penguin-pounce/id492598630?mt=8

Penguin Pounce Highlights
    - 60 challenging levels spread across three beautiful landscapes
    - Gorgeous Retina Graphics
    - Playful Soundtrack
    - Achievements to unlock as you play throughout the game

This is my first game, I hope you all enjoy it.

Braydon
  • supernovagamessupernovagames Member Posts: 19
    Here is my submission.

Alien Conflict
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alien-conflict/id478539381?ls=1&mt=8

FEATURES:
    Shoot your way through 3 sections and 30 levels.
    Optimized graphics for iphone 4 retina display.
    Earn rank based on levels completed with 4 stars.
    Top score leader board.
    Post your rank to Facebook.

GAME PLAY:
    Tilt left or right to fly forward or back.
    Press screen to shoot and fly upward.
    Dodge alien acid bubbles and avoid electrified panels.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Also, Penguin Pounce just went free. Just a heads up. :-)
  • willieharriswillieharris Member Posts: 294
    edited January 2012

The diva of her time, Mama bird battles it out with ugly birds trying to steal her baby’s dinner. Challenge these sneaky birds with your arsenal of weapons to protect your baby’s. Avoid hurting your babies in the process. Mama's mission is to seek out the ugly birds and destroy them. Venture through 4 beautiful worlds, and 36 levels to feed her babies as much as they can hold. Mama must be quick; for even these tiny birds have tricks up their sleeves. With impeccable vibrant graphics, and multiple options and playing styles, you may easily find it difficult to put down this colorful fun filled game.

Please enjoy this FREE app...

Download for iPad.
    Dino BirdHD - LPZRECORDS

Download for iPod/iPhone.
    Dino Bird - LPZRECORDS

• pekharnpekharn Member Posts: 4
    Wow! Interesting!
    Here's mine - Poopy Bird

Poopy Bird is a casual game that uses gyro to control the poop! The story of the game is about a bird annoyed and disturbed by a lumberjack who was cutting down trees during the morning, hence woke up the bird. Your purpose is very simple, control the poop to hit everything that passes your way to gain more score, avoid airplane, and finally hit the lumberjack. Once you hit him, you will save a percentage of the forest, play it a few more times to save every trees in the forest!
  • kietzkietz Member Posts: 49
    Congrats to 8bit!

After months of work I finally got my game Omicron Shield on the app store, here it is!
    App store,
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/omicron-shield/id485409279?mt=8

-Omicron Shield has the classic gameplay of a sidescrolling shooter. You'll also have to blast your way through asteroids and bricks (brick breaker style)

-You have to aim, dodge and shoot the twist is that you have a shield button that when timed correctly will deflect shots back at enemies.

-10 levels with 10 bosses and a total of 19 types of enemies that will challenge your deflection skills.

-Three levels of powerups and a special unlock, boss challenge level.

-You'll have to use physics and timing to defeat the alien threat.

-Includes a thumping soundtrack by threeSIXTEEN

Really love the games up on here, big ups to indie game developers!

-Kietz
This discussion has been closed.