Question about In App Purchase Restore Item Action .. And some gremlins

POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
edited January 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hey ,
So i want to add the option to "In App Purchase Restore Item" in the menu
I have some questions about how this works , I have 11 "none-ccunsumable" possible purchases - so that means 11 booleans .

Now lets say the player made 2 purchases and then deletes the game and reinstall , so obviously he will want to restore those 2 purchases ,
In this button ( "In App Purchase Restore Item" ) i have set it to restore all 11 optional purchases once pressed,
what will happen if the player press it? will it restore only the 2 purchases he made and ignore the rest 9 automatically ?
Will a pop up display to tell him that only 2 out of 9 has been restored?

And then , does it saves automatically the attribute with the "table" key like its doing in a normal purchase?

Thanks in advanced
Roy.

Comments

• GameTeamOneGameTeamOne Member, PRO Posts: 88
    For Restoring, what should happen is communication opens up with Apple, similar to a purchasing event. If you only bought 2 of 11 items, only those 2 will be unlocked with the other 9 being ignored since Apple's database will know you have not purchased them. No additional messaging should be seen.

Then, any unlocked goods will be saved automatically like a purchase event. It is still best practice to include a LOAD ATTRIBUTE behavior in your initial scene associated with your purchases.

And as you may have guessed, consumables cannot be restored.
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    edited January 2012
    Thank you very much, i think you guys should add these answers to the tutorial cause i understood everything from it (its very informative) except what i asked.
    I think my game is ready for submission to apple with IAP now , ill run a few sandbox tests and upload ;)

Roy.