Calling all GameSalad Success Stories!

LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 650
edited May 2012 in News from the Dev Team
Recently, GameSalad has been ramping up our marketing and press efforts!
While we have been talking with media outlets, we have been getting more and more interest in hearing about the personal success stories of our GameSalad developer community.

So, we would like to hear from you!

If you are having success with your GameSalad made games or have an interesting developer story that you think is notable, please send us an email to Community@gamesalad.com.

Key information to include:
- Your name
- Your GameSalad Username
- Your location (Example: Austin, Texas USA)
- Your story :)

We hope to select several key stories to be used as case studies for media coverage. If we need any additional information from you we will reply back via email.

THANKS GUYS!

Comments

• IsabelleKIsabelleK Member, Sous Chef Posts: 2,807
    Sent! :)
  • ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
    Is there a cutoff or will you keep adding as you see great successes?
  • LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 650
    If you have a success story, please send it in as soon as possible. People are welcome to send in their success stories to us always- but for our current media needs, we would request that you submit stories within the next week- two weeks.
  • ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
    Darn it. Thanks. My next games are almost ready to be sent off, but not withi this amount of time. Thanks!
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    I think we'll have to include @p-o-m in this :) Over 1 million downloads!, I hope he sends an email!
  • macewanmacewan Member Posts: 214
    I think we'll have to include @p-o-m in this :) Over 1 million downloads!, I hope he sends an email!
    I agree. That's pretty awesome no matter how you look at it.

• arcticsunrisearcticsunrise Member Posts: 159
    Hi Lauren you had emailed me before - get in touch :-)
    edited May 2012
    @LaurenSalad Any idea when will you choose those several key stories, and if we are informed, about choosing our story?
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    I think I emailed someone about this before too. Or was that for something different? Anyways I'll send an email about the $25K prize I won from last year's National STEM Video Game Challenge for the best teacher-made video game.
  • OakenleafOakenleaf Member Posts: 1
    I have two iPhone Games made with GameSalad on the AppStore NOW!!!

http://itunes.com/apps/oakenleaf

http://itunes.com/apps/oakchinko

Like @
    www.facebook.com/oakenleaf
    www.facebook.com/oakchinko

https://twitter.com/#!/Oakchinko
  • mikelowemikelowe Member Posts: 177
    edited May 2012
    I hope you read mine, I offer a different and interesting perspective on how GameSalad has made me successful. Keep an eye out for an email from Michael Lowe.
  • JoVeJoVe Member Posts: 224
    I have tried mailing it but my computer says the mail address doesn't exist!
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Member Posts: 4,630
    @jove
    Thats because they're was a dot after it... Try this: Community@gamesalad.com
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    Do Textbooks count?
  • JoVeJoVe Member Posts: 224
    edited May 2012
    @LeonardDeveloper Thanks, I have send it!
    Do Textbooks count?
    Just send it and wait - if it counts, your story will be accepted :)
  • BIG_THINKIN_APPSBIG_THINKIN_APPS Member Posts: 944
    Email sent (:
  • willieharriswillieharris Member Posts: 294
    This sounds sweet.
    I don’t want to be overly complicated, but one must ask; “What exactly constitutes success”?
    While I would love to become successful, unfortunately that currently is not the case for me. )-:

But I feel my story is pretty cool all the same.
    "Count Me In"
  • YatelandYateland Member, PRO Posts: 81
    edited May 2012
    Success Stories in China?

our apps "rejoin" has 150000 free download users,"Farm School" in the top 10 of Mac app store (Educational\USA) more than 1 month

yeah,keep on walking.... :)) :)>-
  • RumiRumi Member, PRO Posts: 343
    Sent
  • poorcollegedevpoorcollegedev Member Posts: 289
    I just submitted my first game. That's s success in my book :D
    I just submitted my first game. That's s success in my book :D
    @poorcollegedev
    It's obviously an amazing success for you, and please accept my congratulations! I can remember how I felt when I released my first game.
    On the other hand, I'm pretty sure, that this is not the Success Story they are looking for :)
    Keep up the good work, and you can be the best someday!
  • macewanmacewan Member Posts: 214
    I'll have something coming your way by this afternoon. May 8, 2012.

cheers,
    macewan
  • poorcollegedevpoorcollegedev Member Posts: 289
    @TheMoonwalls haha thanks buddy. I felt pretty darn special :P
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    Damn.. I should really get my arse into gear, and do a little write up about "Doodle Ski"
    Back in 2010, we got a front page itunes app store feature....which lead to some nice sales for a week :)
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Damn.. I should really get my arse into gear, and do a little write up about "Doodle Ski"
    Back in 2010, we got a front page itunes app store feature....which lead to some nice sales for a week :)
    *envy* ;)

• petercoupepetercoupe Member Posts: 94
    Well - I downloaded GameSalad on April 25th and built my first game called 'Identity Parade' a few days later. I uploaded it to Apple on the 1st of May, and I just heard today (May 8th) that it's going into the iTunes store, so I guess that's a kind of success?
    So that's 6 days to build it and 7 days to get through the approval process!
    I am 59 years old, and recently retired from teaching Art, and I wanted to do something different, so about 2 months ago I bought an iPhone and knew I just had to get something of my own on there!
    My app is more 'arty' and 'cartoony' that 'game' but I still enjoyed the steep learning curve (made rather less steep thanks to GS!).
    I have an update already in preparation and also a couple of new games/apps on the drawing board. Thanks, GS, I couldn't have done it without you!
    Link - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/identity-parade/id524068841?ls=1&mt=8
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    Hey Peter...
    We share a surname.....All hail the Coupe!
    @LaurenSalad any news? :)
  • willieharriswillieharris Member Posts: 294
    @LaurenSalad

That should do it then, now we wait. :-??