Import video in Gamesalad

xerakxerak Member, PRO Posts: 6
edited May 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hi all! How can we import videos in Gamasalad? I have made an animation and i need to put it in the start of my game...

Thx a lot.

Best Answer

• JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Posts: 6,256
    Accepted Answer
    You currently can not import video. Youll have to render each frame of the animation as a individual .png and use the animate behavior.

Answers

• xerakxerak Member, PRO Posts: 6
    Ok thank you John but it will be heavy...
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Reduce the frame rate to like ten frames per second before export.
    Ok i will test it!
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    I am going to do a video on this as I export out of motion to do my animations.
  • ZoytZoyt Member Posts: 374
    I did the video here: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/43389/how-to-player-movies-in-gs-tutorial#Item_2
    But it was closed down because I apparently advertised Adapter. X_X >:-( I really don't like having my discussions being shut down when I'm trying to help. And it's not illegal. But anyways, there it is. Hope that helps!
    (Look at it quick! I might have to take it down!)
  • theCodeMonsterstheCodeMonsters Member Posts: 359
    @Zoyt Okay hold up, how why does anyone think that that was illegal?
    I don't think it was closed because it was illegal, but because it advertised software unrelated to GS (but this makes it related). He also closed my website thread too, so I'm slightly annoyed.
    Hard... Thanx Zoyt! Please GS team give us the best tools to succeed :)
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    @Zoyt

Us sous chefs dont make the rules, we just enforce them.

Its made clear in the advertising sticky if you have a site you want advertised you have to contact sss to have it added to the useful links sticky.

@JohnPapiomitis - Before I posted my website, I made sure to check the advertising thread. Everything on my site is free and always will be. No advertising. In the website advertising thread, it says this:
    "Advertising your website where you sell your personal templates - this rule returns to its previous stance - no advertisements of personal websites outside of the "Third Party Links" thread or an unobtrusive link in your signature."
    At the beginning it says specifically to not advertize websites where you sell stuff. And then it says "no advertisements of personal websites outside of the "Third Party Links" thread". I assumed that refered to websites that sell stuff. I'm sorry to create such a fuss, but I had made a goal not to get a closed discussion and to follow the advertising guidlines. If you could be a little more specific on why it was closed, that would be great. Feel free to take this to a PM or to Skype at Nathan.flurry. Apparently I don't get it.
    Thanks!
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Member Posts: 2,456
    edited May 2012
    simpler to use:
    free: MPEG Streamclip

click File > Export to Other Formats … Image Sequence …Options: select .png and size as you want, etc. … save in a newFolder

Voilá … all/any images ready to import into GS
    export the audio and import into GS

down and dirty demo

clean it up and make it Pretty!

@};- MH
    @MotherHoose - That's much better than my meathod. Thanks.
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    edited May 2012
    @MotherHoose Sweet. You prevented me from having to open Final Cut! Interventiiiiiiiioooooooooon!
    Thanks!
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    edited May 2012
    @Zoyt

I didnt close your thread. If you have an issue with that take it up with sss or the sous that did. Im just saying try not to get mad at us for trying to do our job. Lately any link to personal sites have been closed and told to be added to the 3rd party links, weather stuff is paid or not.

If you want to post some free stuff on the forum or video tutorials then thats awesome and thank you for your contributions, its really appriciated. But if thats the case post the youtube video directly on the forum and you wont have any issues.

cheers
    GOOD MotherHoose you rule! Thx
  • Dwight PheeDwight Phee Member Posts: 2

sfxr's perfect