How do i sell my game???

Pencil Kraken GamesPencil Kraken Games Member Posts: 42
edited March 2013 in Working with GS (Mac)
First question:Can I sell my game on websites like appbodega?

Second question:If I can sell my game,will the game have the gamesalad
icon on any part of the screen?

IF IT HAS THE GAMESALAD ICON,IS THERE A WAY I CAN REMOVE IT

Please give me step by step instructions.TQ
Two more questions:

Question 3:Will gamesalad take any profit if I can sell the game?

Question 4:Is selling the game to other websites using Gamesalad wrong?

SORRY IF MY QUESTIONS WERE STUPID..

Comments

• Pencil Kraken GamesPencil Kraken Games Member Posts: 42

Second question:If I can sell my game,will the game have the Gamesalad icon on any part of the screen?

Third question:Will gamesalad take any profit if I can sell the game?

Fourth question:Is selling the game to other websites using Gamesalad wrong?

SORRY IF MY QUESTIONS WERE STUPID...
    I have asked this question before but I did not get any replies.Please answer my question.TQ...
    edited March 2013
    @SaladStraightShooter,sorry for posting the same thread twice.

I don't get the part where you said:
    (iOS is pretty strict about where you sell your app-Android not so much. But you must have Pro to use the android platform.) AND THE LAST PART.

Please explain to me with more detail.TQ and once again SORRY.
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Second question:If I can sell my game,will the game have the Gamesalad icon on any part of the screen?

I have asked this question before but I did not get any replies.Please answer my question.TQ...
    1) I presume so.
    2) Not that I'm aware of.
    3) No.
    4) Define 'wrong'.

1) I presume so.
    2) Not that I'm aware of.
    3) No.
    4) Define 'wrong'.
    Wrong as in illegal if you know what i mean.

Wrong as in illegal if you know what i mean.

Well it's certainly not illegal (GameSalad are unable to make up laws / statutes) although it might not be allowed, it's hard to tell as the question is fairly vague.
  • DepressedPandaDepressedPanda Member Posts: 215
    (sigh) If I hear "illegal" one more time when it comes to software, specifically, GameSalad, I may just go on a toddler and kitten slapping rampage.
  • PBEmpirePBEmpire Member Posts: 676
    edited March 2013
    @DepressedPanda
    Illegal.
    Now you may just go on a toddler and kitten slapping rampage.
    edited March 2013
    @PBGames and @DepressedPanda and @Socks
    Is it ok if i publish it on kongregate?

SORRY IF THE WORD ILLEGAL OR ANYTHING ELSE MADE YOU MAD.IT WAS NOT INTENTIONAL.ONE MORE THING,I DONT REALLY LIKE KITTENS BUT PLEASE DON'T SLAP THEM.TQ
    @theawesome99
    What is with all the Caps lock?
    @PBGames
    I don't really know.

Anyway,so can i publish my game on kongregate?
    I don't get you. You must use stencyl to publish on kongregate I think. Asking here won't help
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    @PBGames
    I don't really know.

Anyway,so can i publish my game on kongregate?
    No

All webgames are hosted on gamesalad, you can link from other pages, but it has gamesalad hosting.

All apple games are iOS only

Android has some flexibility, but you need a pro membership to publish.
    @jonmulcahy
    So what you trying to say is that there is no way i can sell my games without publishing it to the Gamesalad Arcade?

Does this mean that my game will be free on the Gamesalad Arca even if i could sell my game at websites like Appbodega?
    Can you publish gamesalad web games to Kongregate.com?
    @jonmulcahy
    So what you trying to say is that there is no way i can sell my games without publishing it to the Gamesalad Arcade?

Does this mean that my game will be free on the Gamesalad Arca even if i could sell my game at websites like Appbodega?
    All html5 games will be available for free on the arcade
    edited March 2013
    @jonmulcahy

All html5 games will be available for free on the arcade
    How about an iphone game?
    Can i publish this game on Appbodega?
    and what does 'Gamesalad hosting' mean?

How about an iphone game?
    Can i publish this game on Appbodega?
    You can only sell an iOS game via iTunes.
    @Socks
    I don't get it.
    If I can't publish my game to Kongregate,how come this guy can?
    Here is the link: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/304252/#Comment_304252
    edited March 2013
    @Socks
    I don't get it. If I can't publish my game to Kongregate,how come this guy can?
    Here is the link: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/304252/#Comment_304252
    If you keep changing the terms of your question you aren't likely to get useful answers, you will just confuse the conversation (and me :)) ).

A: How about an iphone game? Can i publish this game on Appbodega?

B: No, unfortunately you can only sell an iOS game via iTunes.

A: I don't get it. If I can't publish my game to Kongregate, how come this guy can?
    (Links to someone not publishing an iPhone game and not on Appbodega)

. . . . . . or . . . . . .

A: Can I sell my cakes at the school fair ?

B: No, unfortunately you can't.

A: I don't get it, how come this guy is selling coffee at the train station then ?
    @Socks
    So the game that he published is a HTML game?Is that why he could publish his game?

SORRY FOR CHANGING THE QUESTION.I HAD TO DO IT BECAUSE SALADSTRAIGHTSHOOTER MERGED MY KONGREGATE PUBLISHING QUESTION AND THIS QUESTION.I DIDN'T MEAN TO CONFUSE YOU...
    This thread hurts my brain.
    edited March 2013
    @DepressedPanda and @Socks
    Let me explain:

I used to have two threads:A thread about Kongregate publishing and a thread about selling my game.If you look somewhere at the top of this thread,you can see that saladstraightshooter had merged both the threads.That is the reason why my question keeps changing but I am staying with one question only for now which is about Kongregate publishing.

So here is my question:
    I was finding out how to publish my game to Kongregate and I saw this link: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/304252/#Comment_304252

So is the reason why speilgo could publish his game to Kongregate is because he published the game as a HTML game?

Answer me like this and this thread will stop and be answered...

If the answer is YES, answer this or just type 'YES':
    Yes.You can publish the game to Kongregate(Explain to me how)

If the answer is NO, answer this or just type 'NO':
    No.You cannot publish the game to Kongregate(Explain to me why not and why speilgo could)

I AM SORRY FOR THE CONFUSING THREADS AND EVERYTHING ELSE THAT MADE YOU MAD.I WILL TRY TO NOT MAKE SUCH MISTAKES ANYMORE.PLEASE FORGIVE ME..
    THANK YOU!!!!!

Yes, you can add games to Kongregate using the iframe method. You need to consult Kongregate on how to do this, it's really not hard though. You basically take the code from GameSalad embed and put it on Kongregate.

For the record, this explanation and instructions was on the original thread that YOU gave to us...
    edited March 2013
    This thread hurts my brain.
    Yep, it's a brain twisting mess, compounded questions, references to other threads, changing terms, constant apologies to read through, extraneous information and A CAPITALISED SECTION at the end of each post. :)) It's certainly not the easiest thread to navigate. I don't think things like pointing out to people that a question is a question and laying out the terms for how people should respond helps either.

Two versions of the very same question:

Version A:

Hi, anyone know if I can publish iOS games without GameSalad branding?

Version B:

Right: First Question: Can I sell my GameSalad games ?
    Second Question: If I can sell my GameSalad games will there be GameSalad branding anywhere on the screen of my GameSalad Game that I am going to sell (only if I am able to sell my GameSalad game of course)
    Please give me step by step instructions.
    EG: If your answer is yes then just type 'YES', if your answer is no then just type 'NO' - also explain to me in 2,000 words or less why you chose 'NO, (if you chose the answer 'NO' to the question I asked in this post) or if you chose 'YES' (if you chose the answer 'YES' to the question I asked in this post) then also explain to me in 2,000 words or less why you chose 'YES' (if you chose the answer 'YES' to the question I asked in this post)
    also please answer my questions here: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/54972/kongregate-publishing#latest
    ALSO SORRY IF MY QUESTIONS ARE STUPID AND I'VE MADE YOU MAD AND I'VE MADE MSTAKES OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FORGIVE ME, SORRY FOR ASKING FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS I AM NOT WORTHY OF YOUR FORGIVENESS SORRY FOR EVEN THINKING OF ASKING AND SORRY FOR APOLOGISING FOR ASKING FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS.

Personally, I'd always be tempted to go with version A.

@theawesome99 just kidding here, no offence intended ;) :D You've no need to apologise, no one is 'mad' or angry or annoyed by your questions, they are perfectly reasonable questions (albeit a little confusing).
    Yes, you can add games to Kongregate using the iframe method. You need to consult Kongregate on how to do this, it's really not hard though. You basically take the code from GameSalad embed and put it on Kongregate.

For the record, this explanation and instructions was on the original thread that YOU gave to us...
    you can ADD your games to Kongregate, but you can't sell them on Kongregate. You game will ALWAYS be available for FREE on gamesalad's website.
    edited March 2013
    @Socks

You almost gave me a fright there. :-bd
    I'm only 13.
    @Socks

You almost gave me a fright there. :-bd
    I'm only 13.
    :)