GameSalad expert for hire.

Hey there GS community! I'm currently between projects and looking for contract work to keep myself busy in the meantime. In addition to being a long-time GS developer, I am also a professional game developer who has been working in the game development field for many years. I can program in a plethora of languages and also have skills in 2d art, ranging from isometric game art to UI design. I am also an experienced game designer and can help to flesh out your game design right from inception.

For examples of my work and testament to my GameSalad mastery, check out Timers are for chumps (http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/44707/timers-are-for-chumps-gs-optimization-tips) and HyperLoops (http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/54922/hyperloops-loop-to-your-hearts-content). Timers are for chumps outlines a way to emulate the default timer behaviors which provides additional speed, reliability, and flexibility over the default timer behaviors. HyperLoops are a method for performing concurrent looping operations similar to for, while, or repeat-untill loops in other languages; which GameSalad does not provide in its own command-set. Both methods were pioneered exclusively by me.

You can also check out my SimpleFinder template on the GS marketplace: http://marketplace.gamesalad.com/#category=13&product=12730. SimpleFinder is an AI and Pathfinding template I created which allows for many concurrent actors to pathfind using a waypoint-based pathfinding system. The marketplace listing includes a link to a video which shows this system in use, as well as how easy it is to set up new levels.

I can work for either an hourly rate or for a pre-determined price per job/component. I have no problem signing an NDA if requested and can assure you that I will hold your project in absolute confidence. If you are interested in taking advantage of my services, please send me a forum PM and we can discuss the specifics from there. If you have any questions, please post them here and I'm more than happy to answer. I look forward to working with you!

Comments

• JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730
    @domenius I've read the posts you refer to, impressive stuff :)
  • vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322
    Hi there Domenius!

I left you a message :)

Looking forward to hearing from you.
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    I don't think that's the right Marketplace link (perhaps its your login link?).

@domenius is one of a handful of brilliant folks around here who you'd be lucky to work with.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    I would certainly recommend @domenius. I may even have a project here in awhile that requires his services :)
    - Thomas
    P.S. I'll contact you when I'm ready @domenius.
  • dreambotstudiosdreambotstudios Member Posts: 4
    By All Means, please check out our Programmer For Hire Post. We are looking...
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/55861/game-studio-looking-for-game-salad-wizard#latest
  • domeniusdomenius Member Posts: 108
    Thank you everyone for your responses! I want to let everyone know that I am fully booked for the next week and will be unable to start any new projects until my schedule clears up. I will update this post once my availability opens up again.

If you are fine with waiting a week for me to begin working on your project, feel free to contact me any time and we can make sure you are next in line!
    Hello everyone; I am once again available to take on new projects. Please contact me via PM with your inquiries, thank you!
  • RustyWitRustyWit Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for a GameSalad programmer. If you can also provide art I would love to hear from you.
    I am currently available to take on new projects. Please contact me via PM to discuss your project further. Thank you!
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Hey guys I can vouch for @Domenius as well. He picks up our project help jobs at http://gshelper.com when we get really backed up and he always does great work!!!
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    @domenius I can also vouch for his work .. Very thorough and has gone above and beyond!
    Thank you everyone for your kind words, I appreciate it.

I am once again fully booked. I will update this post again once my schedule clears up.
    Hello all!

I am once again open to take on new projects. Please contact me via PM or via email at sao@aerrevan.com with any inquiries!
    @domenius, any chance you'd be willing to share (or have people share) the projects you've worked on recently? I'd be curious to see the types of games people are asking you for help with.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274
    edited October 2013
    @tatiang @domenius Created a fairly complex four player dice game for me that I have not released yet. He has excellent communication skills and an expert level understanding of GameSalad.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    @tatiang @domenius done some work for me on LAD:run in regards to optimising, he done a very good job picking up on small oversights I had missed etc and changed some core detailing within how stuff was being used.
    Thanks, guys, I've already endorsed him ;) and I have no question about his skills. But I think it's great to see the results of such work and I'm hoping he or his clients will share some of the apps that they are building.

Hi all,

I am once again available to take on new projects! Please PM me or contact me via email at sao@aerrevan.com with any inquiries.

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343
    Hey I am new to GS...looking to develop some games...I have my first app out on the app store...but now Im trying to get a little more involved...what I seem to be having the most trouble with is the UB builds...potriat and landscape...I bought the templates...watched the videos...what I need for my own template...is this...

Portrait...ready for retina display ipad...and a UB build...and most importantly is a thumbstick in the bottom left hand and a controlled actor in the center of the screne...after that Im ready to design 3 games based off of that template...

I also want the same thing...in landscape mode.

Sir...Please tell me what you would charge...its not a big money maker and I do have a budget...just read this and give me a PM back, also via GS forums. Thanks
    @ictc Sent you an email.
    Hi all,

I am once again available to take on new projects! Please PM me or email me at sao@aerrevan.com with any inquiries.
  • Hey, I sent you a PM. Haven't heard anything back since Christmas.
    Thank you everyone for the huge number of responses. I am now booked up for at least the next few weeks. I will update this thread when my schedule clears up again!
  • wij_manwij_man Member Posts: 66

DOMENIUS IS A SCAMMER - He took my money and ran, and stopped all communication with me... Don't trust him!!!

• SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    edited March 2014

@wij_man - I doubt we're hearing the full story here....
    @domenius?

@wij_man From time to time, we hear this sort of thing about a deal that went bad. I don't know either side of the story -- and we also ask that disputes be dealt with privately between parties -- but always, always there is more to the story than just what one person posts. I'm not saying you're wrong because I don't know but... and here's the important part: if you are entering into a business agreement with another individual, you are doing so at your own risk unless you have a formal, legal contract in place. Even then, I suppose you do so at your own risk but at least you have legal recourse should something go wrong.

edited March 2014

@wij_man I'm sorry that you are not satisfied with our dealings. Please contact me at my primary email address sao@aerrevan.com and I will do what I can to make you happy. I do take customer satisfaction very seriously!

Sometimes correspondence slips through the cracks if you contacted me via methods I have not used recently (our dealings were some time ago) but from my recollection I did send you a completed build (again, this was almost a year ago so its not 100% fresh in my mind). Please fill me in on your situation and I hope we can come to a positive resolution.

I have done business with many members of the community who will vouch for me as a reliable and professional developer. I am not out to scam anyone.

You didn't send me a final version, not even close.

You sent me a copy which didn't have the bugs in from the first version you sent me. Then stopped replying to my messages on Skype and my emails. You didn't deliver the final version, I contacted you numerous times, even saying things like "Are you planning on finishing up your work, or even replying to any of my messages?" and "If you've scammed me, just tell me so I can move on", to which I still got no reply.

I don't think it's fair to say you "customer satisfaction very seriously!" when it took me posting to a public forum for you to make any effort at all.

Update: I emailed @domenius - No reply after over a week... @jonmulcahy - I feel the need to post back here as I think people will just think I was a nut who ranted and ran away. I don't want people to think @domenius dealt with the issue and everything is OK. As I said, still no response. If you don't think that the users of the forum should be aware of this, that's your call, you can delete this post. But I would think that you are doing a disservice to the users by doing that.