my Game ***Steam Jack*** WIP

BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
This is my game Steam Jack I've been working on it for quit awhile. but getting very close to the finish line, of course I tell myself that every month. :)

The Story is your Steam Jack and the Evil Mr.Boilermaker has stolen the Plasma Orb which powers all the water boilers "yes theres only one" and along with his Steam powered bots and Martian Allies, He plans on taken over the world. Your Job get it back!

Steam Jack is a plate-former type game includes 32 levels to complete some even have secret treasure rooms YES I love Mario ,lol and there are also 4 mini-games to unlock. The mini-games are based on older games but using my characters from Steam Jack.
Anyway have a look tell me what you think don't be too harsh I have a weak heart,lol.

Comments

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    Finally a Video this is running on my Mac mini, actually runs better on iPad mini.

• RexCarsalotRexCarsalot Member Posts: 96
    Great job. Love the run and gun gameplay.
    edited October 2013
    I like the art :) keep it up
    Thanks, I do most of it in Blender.
    Great job. Love the run and gun gameplay.
    Yea thats what I was going for you can make a choice run through or look for coins and items such as the keys needed to unlock the safes which reward with more coins or mini-games.
  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    Looks great, I like the train level and the Moon Patrol style game play you show at the end.
    Looks great, I like the train level and the Moon Patrol style game play you show at the end.
    Thanks, The unlock able mini games are mostly based on my favorite old arcade games but using my characters, aka Moon Patrol meet Steam Rover.
    Here's one of the Train boards.

This is Steam Jack when I first got started working on it, I had already made a few games in Gamesalad but nothing to this scale. but after awhile I got better not only with GS but with the Art programs and ETC. this was around a year ago,lol..I thought you might find it interesting to compare it to above.

I was just kidding about the weak heart, I will accept any comments about the game good or bad.
    Here's my icon prototype.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    Looks like a lot of fun... nice work!

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Looks like a lot of fun... nice work!
    Thanks.
    nice 3D art and icon :)
    Thanks, I've done almost everything in Blender I actually find it easier to use then Photoshop.
  • blue_elephantblue_elephant Member Posts: 505
    Nice job! I think the jetpack man should be bigger in the icon. It will otherwise look small when the icon is on a phone.

★ My Apps | Gamesalad Tutorials : Youtube Channel , Website. ★

yea a lot of wasted space there, but truthfully I'm not even targeting any phones at this time just tablets. But still might look better on iPad I will see on my next Ad-hoc.

I'm so burned out. :-t
  • neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    @BBEnk looks great mate ... I hope you finish it soon. How long have you been working on this if you don't mind me asking ?
  • SearleSamaSearleSama Member Posts: 108
    I luz it :-) great job
    @BBEnk looks great mate ... I hope you finish it soon. How long have you been working on this if you don't mind me asking ?
    Around a year now but it's very close to being finished just a bit more.

I luz it :-) great job
    Thanks

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    @BBEnk amazing mate ... that is what I call dedication ... Good luck with the game when it's released and sales ... I love your work ... I will check it out when it's out ... ;-)
  • mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    I just did an Agree on your burn out post - I have been working on my first game for 1.5 years and it is a huge and ambitious project - so in the mean time I built a personal tool that due to GS being a POS for laying out scenes is a labour - Mantu's layout tool would be amaze for that - but since then started a mini retro game - that's getting there - all in all I am running my own design business during the day and night and then making games in the day and night when I can. Needs holiday. 8-X
    I hate when everything is going perfect then all of a sudden I break something,errr.
    So I've been fighting the last Boss in my game and I can't seem to defeat him, Doe's that mean he's too tough since I'm am his creator,lol..

err he's not even the smartest Boss in my game, just persistent.

Anyway I think I'm gonna cut out two of the mini games and go with just two, The third mini game has almost turned into Steam Jack 2,lol I think it might just end up being that it gave me a great way of concluding this one and set up a sequel. :D

So close, So close...I will release in 2014.
    Heres one of the mini-games for Steam Jack there will be two for starters. This one is called Plasmag Miner. It follows my Steam Jack game a bit because in Steam Jack your trying to recover the PlasmaBall which is made of Plasmag "aka highly magnetic in silver ball form which later becomes Plasmag,ok so I'm trying to build up a story and a world of objects and objectives for later games. so the mini games are just extensions of the main game.

anyway,lol heres the video of level 1"aka Wip"..

I was just looking at my game and thought, I made the pipes and even made the birds I could have stopped right there.
    1st Mini-game you can unlock "Steam Rover" almost done I sped up the time a bit for video not too much just at beginning, transition just shows some random hills and holes. actually the entire ground is generated randomly not much to see but you will get the idea. it's a endless runner, but as you can see by the little progress bar at top it Ends.

3 flying UFO's that drop bombs
    1 ground bouncing UFO.
    and a mine level.

Start with 5 lives and earn 1 each level completed. no fuel or ammo limits but timed shooting.

Thought I would post a couple of screenshots of the models from the game. I'm really proud of my Blender work being a rookie user and all.

Player model:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boss 1:

Train Background:

So I decided with all the Flappy Bird stuff going on maybe I should add a version to Steam Jack a third mini-Game can't hurt..but my game is in landscape and Flappy I think looks and works best in Portrait. So I'm making my version in Portrait but sideways strait up,lol this really messes with my little brain. I made all the artwork yesterday so building game today should be finished sometime today I'm sure. anyway heres a screen shot. my version still takes place in the Steam Jack world, and my Flappy is just another character I can play with along the way he's a Martian Flapper Bird or maybe Raptor, lol..

• WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621