Release Candidate 0.11.0.1 is available!

CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
edited March 2014 in GameSalad Kitchen
It's been a long time coming, folks. We finally have our first Release Candidate ready for you to take a look at. Before you run off and download it, let me take a moment to explain a few things about it:

It's a Release Candidate!
I know, I'm repeating myself. But this is important. A release candidate is just that... a candidate for release! It may have some nasty bugs in it still. That's why we're releasing it this way first. So you can check it out and see if we've broken stuff in your game projects. We've been testing it a long time but feel the need to push out this candidate build to everyone to get a final look at things.

Another way to think of this is as a "nightly" build for everyone. Except we're not updating it nightly. It's our last stop in verifying the build before we call it stable.

We instituted this policy of release candidates after we released version 10.3 and caused lots of memory problems in your apps. The best way to ensure this kind of problem doesn't happen is to allow lots of test coverage before calling it stable.

Your Game Projects Are Renamed
Look, since this might be buggy we've added a layer of protection for your game projects. You can open your game projects normally but, when you save them, they'll have a different extension. ".gsrcproj" This protects you from accidentally overwriting your projects.

Once the release candidate is turned into an official release, feel free to rename ".gsrcproj" projects back to the normal ".gameproj" But, don't do that before there's a new stable build or your game project may not open properly.

It's a good practice to back up your game project regularly. We're doing what we can to help protect your data but nothing beats a good backup policy!

Report Any Bugs
If you find bugs in the Release Candidate, let us know! We'll be watching the forums and support tickets for info on this. Once we're all happy with the state of the build then we'll make it stable.

Take a moment to review the "known issues" section of the release notes before reporting any bugs. No need to duplicate reports on what we already know, right?

Thanks for your help!

Go Get It!
See the release notes here:
http://gamesalad.com/download/releaseNotes/creator/rc

Download the release candidate here:
http://gamesalad.com/download/releases
Scroll down until you see "Release Candidates"

Comments

• dlaimdlaim Member Posts: 110
    edited March 2014
    WOW !

Thank's GS =D>
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    edited March 2014
    Brilliant. You guys always come through and look: you added a layer of protection in case it corrupts the file. Thanks gamesalad team!
  • tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited March 2014
    Hallelujah! So many powerful features in there, from Loop over Table to Table Search functions to text string functions.

For what it's worth, I was not able to open a nightly build project file with this version.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• jigglybeanjigglybean Member Posts: 1,584
    Congrats, any news on when the Windows version will drop please :)

Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

• Ij10281Ij10281 Member Posts: 35
    Awesome good job on the progress!!!
  • Ij10281Ij10281 Member Posts: 35
    @CodeWizard any idea when there will be a windows candidate?
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    No idea yet. Will let you know when I know.
  • evertevert Member Posts: 266
    edited March 2014
    The buzz function works perfect!

The rev mob and chart boost ads still seem random.
    I set up rev mob as startup ad and chart boost as initial.

Sometimes its only chart boost, sometimes its only rev mob showing.
    So times its non of them or in the middle of my scene while playing.
    Just wanted to notify you guys.

Thank you for this nice new build!
  • jkravetsky20jkravetsky20 Member, PRO Posts: 2
    How about the PC version; when it that going to be out?
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    @jkravetsky20‌
    No idea yet. Will let you know when I know.
  • zypp1zypp1 Member Posts: 142
    Some image seem to be in opaque mode and also previously unlocked scene actors are locked not sure if re constrained to prototype tho
  • asidasid Member, PRO Posts: 4
    when publishing with this new version can can you publish to an existing project or start a new one?
  • AlvinFAlvinF Member Posts: 69
    edited March 2014

Oh, that's mean chartboost & revmob still not stabilize, i am waiting this to publish my finished projects a long time ...
    Any GS staff can explain about this ?
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339

Oh, that's mean chartboost & revmob still not stabilize, i am waiting this to publish my finished projects a long time ...
    Any GS staff can explain about this ?
    May not have anything to do with GS. Says in the release notes: "Please contact RevMob or ChartBoost directly for any questions about ad content"

• zenfinizenfini Member Posts: 7
    Some very exciting updates! Thanks.

One question. On the loop over table option, it looks like it can be interrupted. (i.e. another command can prevent it from completing) Does this mean we need to put it in some kind of timer to make sure it completes? The command that interrupted it for me was a scene change. Would it make sense to have a "Run to Completion" option? Just wondering what the designed functionality for this is.

Thanks again for such great software.
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    edited March 2014
    Coolio! I'm glad that all the non-pro people get a chance to use all this stuff now.
    Edit: Oh wait, I'm not Pro anymore... :(( :)>-
    - Thomas
  • AlvinFAlvinF Member Posts: 69
    edited March 2014

May not have anything to do with GS. Says in the release notes: "Please contact RevMob or ChartBoost directly for any questions about ad content"

So i want to know a official answer. Is revmob & chartboost not provide ad to GS user or 0.11.0.1 still not fix this problem . I don't want to guess ...
  • mounted88mounted88 Member Posts: 1,113
    @AlvinF really read what you quoted....PLEASE CONTACT REVMOB OR CHARTBOOST DIRECTLY, aka no answer here.
  • fishbowl1fishbowl1 Member Posts: 54
    I checked off revmob before publishing to ad hoc for scene change interstitials but nothing shows up in my game. Anything else I'm missing?

Otherwise looks great!
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    Make sure you're putting the proper API keys in the web publishing portal. If that's all set then there may be a bug. Can you post any device logs that we can take a look at?
  • zypp1zypp1 Member Posts: 142
    edited March 2014
    why are images in opaque mode??
  • mulyincmulyinc Member, PRO Posts: 102
    Does for any one ads show up? Adding chart boost for startup and rev mob for Interstitial Ads but both are not showing up. Keys etc. are placed in the publishing profile. Will be a test ad showing up or maybe its just they not yet show ads?
  • lovedislikelovedislike Member, PRO Posts: 17
    edited March 2014
    I've managed to get ads to show (at least for android). For chartboost also make sure you add a campaign for your app, or else ads will not show. Go to Campaign -> Add Campaign -> Publish in the Network, and make sure your app is checked.
  • mulyincmulyinc Member, PRO Posts: 102
    I've managed to get ads to show (at least for android). For chartboost also make sure you add a campaign for your app, or else ads will not show. Go to Campaign -> Add Campaign -> Publish in the Network, and make sure your app is checked.
    Thanks that works fine!!
  • ClockClock Member Posts: 308
    advertisement works for android? no bugs?
  • lovedislikelovedislike Member, PRO Posts: 17
    edited March 2014
    still buggy as splash screen shows before ads, but they do work.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    heres a crazy idea for everyone asking if the ads work. Try it for yourself. its a new thing so its so very possible people are not setting things up right and not getting the ads.

Try it for yourself. if it doesn't work send a bug report with all the pertinent information. You should be testing your own apps with this build anyways to see if anything else is broke.
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    Also read the release notes - mentions what bugs do exist - like splash screen shows before ads
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Also going out with this release are new templates that use a lot of the new functions.
    http://marketplace.gamesalad.com/#query=[GTO]

You can see videos about most of them here:

And videos of the new functions themselves: