Release Candidate 0.11.0.1 is available!

Comments

• daaddddaaddd Member Posts: 116
    nice work, each time closer for perfect android advertising, although i have a question, will revmob and chartboost support "banner ads" or just startup and interstitial? because when i publish the game in my portfolio, mobclix is the only option on banner ads wich is my particular target, thank you and congratulations for the quick advance.
  • AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    I don't see anything in the notes mentioning the issue with alpha interpolations and the suggested fix in the nightlies seems pretty spotty. Is this still being looked into?

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,211
    edited March 2014
    i try to publish my last Android game with RC (it's works in overscan mode with NB244), but the APK is alway in stretch mode...
    i think that the Overscan have a problem...
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    I don't see anything in the notes mentioning the issue with alpha interpolations and the suggested fix in the nightlies seems pretty spotty. Is this still being looked into?
    I was about to ask the same question...
  • dlaimdlaim Member Posts: 110
    I tried revmov and chartboost yesterday with one of my applications ( Adhoc) .

i checked start up ad withe revmob and it is working fine :)
    i made 0.01 $ revenue for just test :D , so it is work , but some some some times revmob won't show , but it works fine any way .

chart boost works fine all the time , make sure you add a campaign for your app as @lovedislike said .
    edited March 2014
    Also going out with this release are new templates that use a lot of the new functions.
    http://marketplace.gamesalad.com/#query=[GTO]

You can see videos about most of them here:

And videos of the new functions themselves:

Thanks @CodeMonkey‌
    Tempted to buy the Hex template one day, just to see what's going on in that…

Have you got a video for the Pizza Parlour template, intrigued to see what your doing with that as well.

Whilst we're talking about about the marketplace… a search function would be handy… I've never bought a template form there yet… but if I could quickly search it for something I might… (.. I think a re-design was mentioned at some point..)
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    I'm having a issue with how I'm doing some animation. I have a Alien that patrols back and forth and when he gets to a turn point I run a turn animation BUT the image size from walk to turn is different 32 wide and 64 wide.
    So I'm changing the image size for the transitions. Now this works perfect in 10.4.1 and lower but now the image size seems like it's happening on a different frame.

Not sure if something has changed in G/S to cause this but I will file Bug report and send the test file.

heres a video I made showing problem.

Just Installed 0.11.01 Release Candidate.

I can confirm the Interpolating alpha transparency issue still exists (Over 50 shades of grey as it interpolates from 0 to 100 transparency.) ... and is not on the release candidates bugs list.

It's been mentioned in the nighties thread and acknowledged previously, so hopefully it's on the to do list.
  • squirrel42squirrel42 Member, PRO Posts: 195
    Re 0.11.01
    So far I have found:
    The alpha is still not working
    The images are still blurry/not retina
    The ram usage has changed compared to the last nightly, it seems to keep increasing as you play.
    The ram is not being flushed on change scene (again the was working great in the last nightly)
    Bug report submitted.

Particles is great!
    edited March 2014
    Also..

The +/- buttons along side each rule condition are still missing (as in the recent nightly). Only the +/- in the top right of the rule window remain.

This stops us from being able to remove a condition that is'nt the last one added.

The only way to do it is to remove more conditions than we need just to be able to remove the one we want.

I'll file this as a bug as I'm not sure anyone has ever said "whoops, we'll fix that' when mentioned by other users before.

Edit: Submitted bug report on this and the transparency issue.
  • darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243
    Also..

The +/- buttons along side each rule condition are still missing (as in the recent nightly). Only the +/- in the top right of the rule window remain.

This stops us from being able to remove a condition that is'nt the last one added.

The only way to do it is to remove more conditions than we need just to be able to remove the one we want.

I'll file this as a bug as I'm not sure anyone has ever said "whoops, we'll fix that' when mentioned by other users before.

@StormyStudio have you tried highlighting the row the condition is on that you want to delete before pressing the minus button?
    B-)
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    edited March 2014

Thanks @CodeMonkey‌
    Tempted to buy the Hex template one day, just to see what's going on in that…

Have you got a video for the Pizza Parlour template, intrigued to see what your doing with that as well.

Whilst we're talking about about the marketplace… a search function would be handy… I've never bought a template form there yet… but if I could quickly search it for something I might… (.. I think a re-design was mentioned at some point..)
    @StormyStudio Use firefox or chrome for the marketplace search function.

No video for pizza parlor. Though it is making its way through app review now so you can see it live. Here is a different screen shot.

• darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243
    edited March 2014
    @CodeWizard @BlackCloakGS‌ Stretch doesn't seem to be working for me on my iPhone 5.
    It's a landscape universal build which looks fine in the Creator Preview when selecting stretch, but the publishing process seems to apply letterbox.

The project is started as iPad Landscape and resolution independence is checked.

I'm not using any camera offset rules or anything.

I know you said you would be monitoring the forums for this release candidate but let me know if you want me to submit a support ticket.
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    edited March 2014
    Also..

@StormyStudio have you tried highlighting the row the condition is on that you want to delete before pressing the minus button?
    B-)

Awwww that works, I thought that was just a bug when it highlighted like that,lol.

• liuxzliuxz Member, PRO Posts: 51
    @CodeWizard @BlackCloakGS‌ Stretch doesn't seem to be working for me on my iPhone 5.
    It's a landscape universal build which looks fine in the Creator Preview when selecting stretch, but the publishing process seems to apply letterbox.

The project is started as iPad Landscape and resolution independence is checked.

I know you said you would be monitoring the forums for this release candidate but let me know if you want me to submit a support ticket.
    me too.can't strenth in ios universal (ipad ok,but iphone not strenth,like letterbox).just in creator ok.And iphone ok,ipad not strenth.

me too.can't strenth in ios universal (ipad ok,but iphone not strenth,like letterbox).just in creator ok.And iphone ok,ipad not strenth.
    can't strenth in ios device.
    strenth doesn't work.And revmob iads just show one time.

can't strenth in ios universal (ipad ok,but iphone not strenth,like letterbox).just in creator ok.And iphone ok,ipad not strenth.
    strenth doesn't work.
    And revmob iads just show one time.
    can't strenth in ios universal (ipad ok,but iphone not strenth,like letterbox).just in creator ok.And iphone ok,ipad not strenth.
    strenth doesn't work.
    I make sure I log in PRO account.

Also..

B-)
    Brilliant... the highlighting function was missing from the current nightly and I'd not noticed it in this build... ... but it's here in 0.11.01 and works a treat. Thanks for the answer and making feel like a newb
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339
    strenth doesn't work.
    strenth is not a word (that I'm aware of) please rephrase. Do you mean stretch?
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    @CodeWizard - Doesn't seem to work with files saved with 0.244

Tried changing the extension to "gsrcproj" by opening package contents of a 0.244 file. But still can't open with 0.11.01
  • pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,211
    edited March 2014
    Hi Shaz, use TexFinderX program it's really simple to use, you must drag and drop the GS NB project in to the program and change all the files that contain 00.00.00.244 in 0.10.4.1; it's totally automatic!
    than you rename the file project and open it with 0.11.01!

Today i've build one game with ChartBoost i've added a "publishing campaigns" and i uploaded it in Android Market, but i saw only one startup adv, the interstitial adv are totally absent... anyone here have the same issue??
    to fix this we must contact ChartBoost??
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Member Posts: 1,792
    Hi Shaz, use TexFinderX program it's really simple to use, you must drag and drop the GS NB project in to the program and change all the files that contain 00.00.00.244 in 0.10.4.1; it's totally automatic!
    than you rename the file project and open it with 0.11.01!
    ;)
    Today i've build one game with ChartBoost i've added a "publishing campaigns" and i uploaded it in Android Market, but i saw only one startup adv, the interstitial adv are totally absent... anyone here have the same issue??
    to fix this we must contact ChartBoost??
    Hey Giuseppe, thanks for explaining that :)
  • -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    edited March 2014
    how can chartboost be added? is there a video or something? cant find charboost option or behavior. please help :)
  • -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    You just select the ad network you want to be displayed on your display banner behaviors