Release Candidate 0.11.0.1 is available!

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
  • mactds10mactds10 Member Posts: 63

For some reason, some images of my game are blurry when testing an ad hoc from 0.11.0.1. It's as though GS isn't accessing the retina art assets. I don't know if it's the camera controls I'm using to make a universal build, or the web publishing end with the overscan choice. No problem in the GS preview window.

Also, ChartBoost has occasional problems where just a blank grey box will appear instead of the ad. You tap to get rid of it, and it's the size of a chartboost ad, just with no ad.

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,211
    edited March 2014

i added ChartBoost but has a problems, the Ads are not present...at most I've only seen once when i launch the game, and about the interstitials Ads?

i mean where's located the problem? is GS that doesn't work or ChartBoost?

• johnydeejohnydee Member, PRO Posts: 196

Iam getting a "unable to complete operation" when i publish for android what is wrong?

• GameLabs222GameLabs222 Member Posts: 197

Only thing I've ran into so far is that the release candidate will sometimes crash when adjusting the gray scale multiple times on an actor.

Other than that it's fixed a lot of things which have frustrated me for some time. (Like values getting stuck when you try to change them)

Good stuff :)

• liuxzliuxz Member, PRO Posts: 51

@SingleSparq said:
    can't strenth in ios universal (ipad ok,but iphone not strenth,like letterbox).just in creator ok.And iphone ok,ipad not strenth.
    can't strenth in ios device.
    strenth doesn't work.
    And revmob iads just show one time.

strenth is not a word (that I'm aware of) please rephrase. Do you mean stretch?

yes!!!^_^

• AlvinFAlvinF Member Posts: 69

@pinkio75 said:
    i added ChartBoost but has a problems, the Ads are not present...at most I've only seen once when i launch the game, and about the interstitials Ads?

i mean where's located the problem? is GS that doesn't work or ChartBoost?

>
    yes, interstitials ads look not so stabilize. In the release note, GS tell us to contact revmob & chartboost directly. I don't know ask them for what ? ask them why GS can't show their interstitials Ads ? ...

• solnikasolnika Member Posts: 132

hello all,

Is xcode 5 needed for installing 0.11 viewer?
    can't seem to install it with 4.6

Thanks

• mulyincmulyinc Member, PRO Posts: 102

Seems there is a problem with android publishing. A lot less devices seems to be supported and not the newest Android Version. Any one else have the same issue?

• PBEmpirePBEmpire Member Posts: 676

Custom loading wheels? Finally!

• FatFishFatFish South East, UKMember Posts: 120
    edited March 2014

@mulyinc said:
    Seems there is a problem with android publishing. A lot less devices seems to be supported and not the newest Android Version. Any one else have the same issue?

I've not seen this, but I am experiencing an issue with overscan once the project has been generated and the project is tested via installing the APK. The nightly build has this fixed, yet in 11.0.1 I'm getting the game squashed on most devices I test on, where with the nightly it doesn't do this, and neither does this happen in the 11.0.1 viewer.

It's odd that this is happening once the APK is generated, so it could be on the web publisher side. I'll be trying the nightly > web publisher route again this morning to test this.

For what it's worth I am also seeing the alpha/fading issue. Seems to only happen on first pass of the animation, after that it fixes itself, for me at least.

OK, i've managed to pin point the issue with overscan not being used in 11.0.1 generated Android APKs to that 11.0.1 build, as it isn't happening when publishing from the Nightly 244 build and then generating the APKs from the site in the same way.

Support ticket sent

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    edited March 2014

@HoneyTribeStudios said:
    CodeWizard - Doesn't seem to work with files saved with 0.244

Tried changing the extension to "gsrcproj" by opening package contents of a 0.244 file. But still can't open with 0.11.01

Hmm... it worked for me just by changing proj file extension to ".gsrcproj".

BUG

I'm getting a minor bug alot where the the +/- buttons in the top right of the rule will some times not be at all visible. If I drag the whole rule above another one, it refreshes it and the +/- buttons appear.

• daaddddaaddd Member Posts: 116

chartboost and revmob will only be interstitial and startup , no banners?

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited March 2014

Great work !!

A couple of bugs . . . .

The colour wheel still crashes GameSalad, same deal with every version of GameSalad for the past 3-4 years, this seems to only happen on the opacity and brightness sliders when dealing with white.

Image import into the animation behaviour is still flakey, you need to ensure the image sequence is in the right order within the Images pane before dragging the image sequence into the animation behaviour - but if you are forced to manually order your image sequence then you may as well manually order the images within the animation behaviour.

• other animation behaviour weirdness I'm too lazy to articulate.

The Prototype / Instance relationship is still screwed up, changes made to the prototype actor are not communicated to the instances in the scene.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Any confirmation that my game won't keep getting rejected due to the ad framework issue that was claimed to be fixed weeks ago but clearly wasn't (completely)?

• ChimoruChimoru Member, PRO Posts: 137

Any updates on the bug that basically makes any image with transparency look grey? This is the most annoying one in my opinion because it just makes our graphics look bad. @CodeWizard

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

I don't know if anyone has spotted this or not - When I open a rule in the Release Candidate, the first condition is always greyed out, as shown in the picture above. As far as I can tell, there is no way to "deselect" the condition so it returns to its normal state.

• fishbowl1fishbowl1 Member Posts: 54

@Chimoru said:
    Any updates on the bug that basically makes any image with transparency look grey? This is the most annoying one in my opinion because it just makes our graphics look bad. CodeWizard

Agree with this one! Other than that my game is functioning perfectly on the release candidate

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

anyone else having trouble with overscan with android builds? it just squeezes everything.

• SingleSparqSingleSparq Member Posts: 1,339

@Braydon_SFX said:

I don't know if anyone has spotted this or not - When I open a rule in the Release Candidate, the first condition is always greyed out, as shown in the picture above. As far as I can tell, there is no way to "deselect" the condition so it returns to its normal state.

It's not greyed out, just grey. Doesn't affect it working.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@SingleSparq said:
    It's not greyed out, just grey. Doesn't affect it working.

Maybe greyed out want the best weird to use. But still,I find it a little annoying. :)

• natzuurnatzuur Member Posts: 304
    edited March 2014

@Chimoru said:
    Any updates on the bug that basically makes any image with transparency look grey? This is the most annoying one in my opinion because it just makes our graphics look bad. CodeWizard

@fishbowl1 said:
    Agree with this one! Other than that my game is functioning perfectly on the release candidate

Yep, this.

• darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243

I've come across a problem with replacing images in a project - basically they're not updating in the main Creator window. The image does however update in the Inspector and Library windows and preview is also fine.

One project I'm working on ended up with me having to import different named images to get it to work as nothing helped. Exiting Creator and reopening is hit and miss.

I've just sent a bug report to the team...

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

Anyone else having load time problems? I tested my latest game on 0.11 and it takes exactly twice as long to load each scene compared to 10.4.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited March 2014

The interpolation glitch is still present and correct.

@jonmulcahy said:
    anyone else having trouble with overscan with android builds? it just squeezes everything.

Yup @jonmulcahy‌ - I had to publish using the nightly instead to overcome this whilst keeping RevMob ads in for the Android release. :(

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
  • JDuaneJJDuaneJ San Francisco Member Posts: 300

"get Table from URL behavior, and Network Send Table to URL behavior"

Most FAV feature! Is anyone publishing live games with this feature? Any cool things being done with it?

• ahmetyetahmetyet Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2014

so which one should i use to publish my game with revmob ? Release Candidate 0.11.0.1 or nightly build 244?