Release Candidate 0.11.0.1 is available!

124»

Comments

• EireStudiosEireStudios Member Posts: 451

@JDuaneJ said:
    "get Table from URL behavior, and Network Send Table to URL behavior"

Most FAV feature! Is anyone publishing live games with this feature? Any cool things being done with it?

Yes, I'm building a gym booking in app using them and @StormyStudio‌ is working on some very cool projects using them also

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@trevor@applenapps.com said:
    For some reason, some images of my game are blurry when testing an ad hoc from 0.11.0.1. It's as though GS isn't accessing the retina art assets.

I'm also still finding this - and also still finding that turning of RI makes them appear crisp on my 4S. I have no idea if things get screwed up on a pre-retina device though.

• WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAMember, PRO Posts: 621

@ahmetyet said:
    so which one should i use to publish my game with revmob ? Release Candidate 0.11.0.1 or nightly build 244?

TEST, TEST, TEST.... Oh and than TEST one more time and you will know!

• rbaburbabu Member, PRO Posts: 1

When is the expected release date for 0.11 (My GS is on 0.10.4.1 and it says no updates available.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Deleting images from the Images pane is still screwed up, selecting an image (or group of images) and hitting delete often simply changes the order in which they are displayed in the Images pane, and deletes other images you didn't want deleting . . . . and various other image/file mayhem, basically the same issues that have always blighted the Images pane is still there.

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989

Another Bug...
    Making a new Table is very slow... the computer thinks about it for about 10 seconds.
    It then does'nt reposition the table amongst other tables alphabetically once created. But when clicked to open up the new table, it opens up the one that should be in its place alphabetically. So you have to go out and back to the tables page...

Same delay again when renaming tables.

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989

@JDuaneJ said:

Most FAV feature! Is anyone publishing live games with this feature? Any cool things being done with it?

Creating my own async server with it... very very very slowly:
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/64039/creating-your-own-asynchronous-server#latest

Also this:
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/63743/facebook-integration-with-gamesalad-v1-oh-yeah-with-15-minute-tutorial-video

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

The RC just corrupted my file... Thankfully it was just a template file which can be remade easily. @BlackCloakGS‌ : Do y'all want the file?

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

@Braydon_SFX and any steps to reproduce you can provide

@BlackCloakGS‌ - Done. Thanks for taking a look.

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@JDuaneJ said:

check this out
    https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/63636/sending-and-receiving-data-using-your-own-sql-server-php-file-and-testproject-included

:)

@BlackCloak‌GS

I found a bug that had appeared in the nightlies awhile back but had been squashed.

In the interpolate rule, if you try and input a value over 999, like 1024, it puts a comma in the value "1,024" and when you hit enter or click off of the rule, it changes to 0. I'm submitting a bug report now.

@jonmulcahy said:
    BlackCloak‌GS

I found a bug that had appeared in the nightlies awhile back but had been squashed.

In the interpolate rule, if you try and input a value over 999, like 1024, it puts a comma in the value "1,024" and when you hit enter or click off of the rule, it changes to 0. I'm submitting a bug report now.

Yep, I've seen this too.

@Braydon_SFX said:
    Yep, I've seen this too.

i reported it. i worked around it by storing the number in a variable. GS folks replied back to my ticket with another work around:

If you really need to work around it now, disable "number separators" in your OS X system settings

@jonmulcahy said:
    If you really need to work around it now, disable "number separators" in your OS X system settings

Ah nice. Thanks for the information!

• Gamelover456Gamelover456 Member Posts: 378

When is the release candidate coming out for Windows?

• RiffelRiffel Member Posts: 1,272

@jonmulcahy said:
    woohoo! made .47 cents yesterday with revmob!!

3 times my .17 from Pinball Xmas FREE Android
    But I'm happy, it was zero before revmob. :-)

• Anyone else seeing SLOW load times for games with RevMob or Chartboost ads turned on. My game went from about 1.5 second load time to about 20 seconds. The game is only 1 scene, 4MG. (Osprey - Free Kids Game in Google Play if you want to test)
    I tried both revmob and chartboost.

-- Also, interstitials for chartboost don't seem to work all the time. Revmob seems ok. Using both, seems to increase the load time even more, probably up to about 30second.

Note: The loading screen for the game seems to re-popup just before an interstitial ad shows. This may be because I am using RESET SCENE?

• bluetractorjtbluetractorjt Member Posts: 14

Sound bugs seem to be fixed. Yay!!! However, whenever an actor is destroyed and an animation is played, I get a white box that blips quickly. Images are opaque for me too.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited March 2014

Text display is noticeably softer in the RC than the standard Creator release:

Top = standard release / Bottom = RC.

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826
    edited March 2014

@darrelf said:
    CodeWizard BlackCloakGS‌ Stretch doesn't seem to be working for me on my iPhone 5.
    It's a landscape universal build which looks fine in the Creator Preview when selecting stretch, but the publishing process seems to apply letterbox.

The project is started as iPad Landscape and resolution independence is checked.

I'm not using any camera offset rules or anything.

I can confirm the same issue using an iPhone4s for testing. If I select stretch when publishing letterboxing is applied when you run the app on an iDevice. The only difference is that my base project is iPad Portrait. Stretch works as expected in creator. If I apply rules camera offset rules then publish with the overscan option selected the app works as expected. I will do the same test with Android and report any issues. Cheers :wink:

• mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854
    edited March 2014

@Socks said:
    Text display is noticeably softer in the RC than the standard Creator release:

Top = standard release / Bottom = RC.

I think you will find that the original text, it seemed to have a matte by the looks, which made me ditch ever doing any real expanding of projects as it becomes very obvious with a blocky keyline around the text.

The above text from the RC looks like it is actually aliased - you could test this @Socks by doing an iPhone version and view it as iPad perhaps? I don't have the RC here or I would.

Here's a zoom of what it looks like pre RC.

That sort of shape will also visually sharpen the text from a distance too.

Righto, post updated with comparison, looks like matte vs sub-pixel aliasing.

Seems like that to me graphically.

Add some of your technical genius :D

• vafurlogivafurlogi Member, PRO Posts: 203

@bluetractorjt said:
    Sound bugs seem to be fixed. Yay!!! However, whenever an actor is destroyed and an animation is played, I get a white box that blips quickly. Images are opaque for me too.

I had the "white box blip" thing too. I found that if I had no Image on the actor the white box would flash as soon as the animation starts, usually only the first time though. If I replaced the actors image with a blank, transparent image it solves it.

• MinecraftGeekMinecraftGeek Member, PRO Posts: 76

The stretch feature does not work in this candidate for some odd reason, have tried it with two different apps.

• mataruamatarua Auckland, New ZealandMember Posts: 854

@Socks said:
    Deleting images from the Images pane is still screwed up, selecting an image (or group of images) and hitting delete often simply changes the order in which they are displayed in the Images pane, and deletes other images you didn't want deleting . . . . and various other image/file mayhem, basically the same issues that have always blighted the Images pane is still there.

So this is a thing, I thought I was being loose when this happened :\

• neomanneoman Member, BASIC Posts: 826

I normally use the stable release of GS but ended up making lots of changes to one of my games using the RC. I couldn't open the project file in the stable release. I didn't want to replicate the work so decided to package and upload to Apple after intense testing using the RC. I am happy to report that the "Legacy Language Designator" warning is no longer present and has been rectified. Cheers ... Fingers crossed the app gets approved.

• MinecraftGeekMinecraftGeek Member, PRO Posts: 76

Can someone still explain why stretch isn't working? This issue has been ignored :(

• Looks like one of the bugs I noticed has been fixed in the nightly:

"Fixed Android displaying "Powered by GameSalad" and custom loading screens displaying before every ad."

Any word on the loading times?

• johnydeejohnydee Member, PRO Posts: 196

why is it when i open a project some of the images/actors colors are altered? almost light grey

• liuxzliuxz Member, PRO Posts: 51
    can't streth for all device(iphone,ipad),just ok in creator.