State of GameSalad on 11-14-2014

ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

Greetings everyone! I’ve gathered up some info to share with you guys, enjoy!:

1. Release 12 for Windows users. (This is the Windows version of Mac creators’ release 0.12.10) We’re still working hard on getting Windows Creator up to date with our Mac Creator. One such thing that’s currently being looked at is: Adding the expression editor to the open URL behavior. Also we’re hoping to have a new nightly build for Windows in a few weeks!

2. Release 0.13.0. for Mac users. (The next big release for Macs) Work is coming along on this and there should be a new nightly build out in the near future for you guys to mess around with some of the new features! For those who don’t know, a couple of the major additions that will come with release 13 are Facebook integration and the new rendering system. It’s my understanding that our first pass at Facebook integration will include being able to post to walls (images, text, and even URLs). The new rendering system should bring improved performance and memory usage with it!

3. New nightly build for Mac. I’ve heard that there’s some bugs blocking us from releasing this to you guys and that we’ll be looking into fixing them Monday. One such blocker is: “Android Viewer crashes while attempting to load a project”

4. New marketplace. I hope you guys are enjoying the snazzy new homepage! Work on the marketplace is coming along and I’ve heard our web guys are also working on updating other pages of the website as well (such as the downloads and pricing pages)!

5. GameSalad Game Jam 2014! Our second Game Jam is currently going on with the theme of “old school”. Check out the following thread for details on how you could win a free year of Pro, a Kindle Fire HDX, or even $1000 cash! http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/73549/free-months-of-pro-cash-prizes-gamesalad-2014-game-jam.

6. Cross platform creator. Great progress here and we’re still keeping quiet, but looking forward to sharing time! :)

7. Playstogether. I’ve been informed you guys will be able to mess around with Playstogether in the upcoming nightly build! I’ve also heard that Steve J will be presenting a talk about how to use Playstogether with GameSalad at the January GameSalad meetup.

Speaking of monthly meetups, our December GameSalad meetup will have a panel of Stephen Nichols (codewizard) and Alan Uthoff (BlackCloakGS) to attend online or in person if you have questions to ask codewizard :) For more info check out this thread: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/73983/monthly-in-person-and-online-gamesalad-meetup-tuesday-december-2-at-7pm-cst-12-00am-gmt#latest

One more thing: I’ve heard that video ads for Chartboost work in our current stable release (0.12.10) and have been tested by our QA team!

Alright, that’s all for this week. More info coming at you guys next week!

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Great update as usual, @ForumNinja‌! Thanks for keeping us up to date!

• robertkdalerobertkdale USAMember Posts: 912
    edited November 2014

Thanks for all of the hard work :) I Eagerly await the release of 13.0! :D

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• ycanycan Member, PRO Posts: 207

One more thing: I’ve heard that video ads for Chartboost work in our current stable release (0.12.10) and have been tested by our QA team!

This is great B)

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@ForumNinja‌ Thanks. Video ads in Chartboost, hmmm, sounds interesting. Must check it out.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

@ycan said:

This is great B)

@PhilipCC said:
    ForumNinja‌ Thanks. Video ads in Chartboost, hmmm, sounds interesting. Must check it out.

They infact do work, i have them in my live game as we speak. If you already have a live game with chartboost integrated you can just edit your chartboost campaign, no need to resend your game up for review again.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    edited November 2014

Hi @ForumNinja‌

About three months ago, you wrote this...

@ForumNinja said:
    Photics‌ I've been working on a draft for an updated roadmap and it's near completion so it'll be updated soon :)

here... http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/71701/state-of-gamesalad-on-8-20-2014/p1 ...but it looks like the roadmap is being hidden.

I don't really care too much about the Roadmap. As a developer, I understand that certain features can take minutes to create, while other features take years. That's not the main point. It's the last item on the list that I'm concerned about...

http://gamesalad.com/creator/roadmap - Metrics Gathering

Why hasn't this gone away already?
    (Well, at least for GameSalad PRO subscribers, it should go away.)

Also, how's this going...

@adent42 said:
    Statements about when HTML5 self hosting will happen, in order of certainty:

It will happen.
    I'm confident it will happen before the end of the year.
    I'd like it to happen before the end of the quarter.

Self-hosted HTML5 games — WITHOUT METRICS GATHERING — sounds exciting.

If that is a reality, I think it's a good idea to remember full-screen!
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Guide/API/DOM/Using_full_screen_mode

• AlkaPPAlkaPP Member, PRO Posts: 194

Does anyone know the exact date when 13.0 will be released?

My Gamesalad Games On App Store:

Greedy Chubby: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/greedy-chubby/id834371213?ls=1

• Gamelover456Gamelover456 Member Posts: 378

@AlkaPP 13.0 will be coming out in 2015.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@AlkaPP Like the return of Thor to earth, no-one can give you a fixed date at this time. :)

• HymloeHymloe Member Posts: 1,653

Sounds good. Looking forward to the new renderer. Facebook integration sounds great, too. :) Nice one guys.

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

Im with photics on this HTML 5 issue. When are we going to hear something back from you guys.

• ookami007ookami007 Member Posts: 581

It sounds like the Windows version won't make this year as previously announced. Any ETA as to when it WILL be released?

• a7medo778a7medo778 Member, PRO Posts: 119

any ETA for any ads platform for windows publishing ?

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

We are working on the windows creator code daily as soon as i have a better idea when it will come out i will let you guys know. We hope to have a nightly build of windows creator in the coming weeks.

• WebWarriorWebWarrior Member, PRO Posts: 62

@Photics said:
    ...but it looks like the roadmap is being hidden.

Never fear, the Roadmap will return*! We just didn't have a good place to put the link in this batch of designs.

*barring any decisions I don't know about :smile:

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989

All sounds like good progress.

@BlackCloakGS‌ Do you know if we'll ever get the ability to invite friends / see our friends list for facebook integration round 2? ....

It's kinda the main thing I've been hoping for. :-)

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989

Oh.. and.. err... any progress with push notifications ? .. if there has been some progress will it only be accessible via playstogether? or can we integrate it with our own server setup... :-)

• bloodnitebloodnite Member Posts: 50

Please update the windows creator version.......

@StormyStudio we will see on Facebook phase 2. It is good to know what you guys want for Facebook support. No, there has been no movement on push notifications.

@bloodnite we are working on it

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483
    edited November 2014

@BlackCloakGS‌ Please give high priority to push notifications..now a days due to huge competition it is very essential to remember the user our games by push notifications...otherwise no use,user forgot our games and some day they uninstall .

edited November 2014

@madhanlab we have a feature request system into out public bug data base for that. You can submit feature a requests and vote on them. The higher the vote the more likely we are to implement the feature. Starting early next year we will be going down the list. The ones with the most votes will get implemented (with in reason).