Using Physics on Objects

allc1865allc1865 Member, PRO Posts: 777

Hi guys! I really need help doing this task as I have never done it before.
I want to have objects move and wobble with movement, and if there's too much rotation or movement then the objects fall.
If anyone has any ideas how to do this that'll be appreciated. Thanks!

Answers

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

That's such a broad question, it could mean anything ! You might have to define your question a little more.

• allc1865allc1865 Member, PRO Posts: 777

@socks, okay. sorry about that...
    I have a character holding objects, say they're boxes. Every time the character moves, the boxes wobble with the movement of the player. If the player hits a wall or something then the boxes fall. I hope I'm saying this right.

• graaplgraapl Member, PRO Posts: 29

I also don't have the main idea of what your asking but i think this is what i got out of it:

You will first need to start off by using having a movable actor with gravity that stands on top of a platform that has Self > Physics > Movable checked to false.

Once you have your main character and some solid ground beneath him, get to work on those wobbly blocks you are talking about.

Create a new actor and name it whatever you wish (these will be your wobbly blocks). Put graviy on these as well

Accelerate : Direction 270 Speed 200

Now stack these on top of your movable actor. You should have blocks that will wobble and be able to fall on top of your main actor.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited June 2017

You'll have to experiment using friction. Friction can hold this when touching other objects with friction. You'd have to do some prototyping to get the right friction level. There is a gs meetup video where I talk about friction and other physics tips. It should be on the gs youtube site.

Edit: https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLkULNLXbIennxegrVEWZYCg_plh5mCN6m&v=b_5b69il5wI