How do I make my character jump..

prajpraj Member Posts: 68
edited July 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
I know how to make it jump..sort of.. because when i click up button, it moves up and when i let go, it stops there.
How can i make it go back down even when i am pressing up due to gravity?

Best Answer

Answers

• HC_DKHC_DK Member Posts: 92
    Or you can have a Accelerate with Direction set to 270 outside a rule, just placed in the actor. When UP is pressed change the self.Motion.Linear Velocity.Y to whatever fits your jump.

That is how we did in Little Dragon
  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    Here is a tutorial about setting up basic platformer movement that includes jumping.

http://www.jamie-cross.net/?p=446

Jamie
  • prajpraj Member Posts: 68
    when i set accelerate to a number to show gravity, and i click up, the character wont budge
  • prajpraj Member Posts: 68
    guys i really need help. can someone tell me how to do it? i saw many videos but none worked. character still can go as high as possible and stops there. i want it to stop after 1-2 sec of jump and come back to floor. BTW my character can go through floor if not bounces off. Any ideas on how to stop bounce? collide always bounces.
  • A.MDeveloperA.MDeveloper Member, PRO Posts: 1

How can I make my player jump by touch any where in the screen

• tintrantintran Member Posts: 453
    edited July 2015

@A.MDeveloper said:
    How can I make my player jump by touch any where in the screen

@A.MDeveloper

Add a rule. change it from when "All" when "Any".
    type Touch select "is outside"
    type Touch select "is inside"
    then do your jump inside the do part of the rule.

• asbatasbat Member Posts: 2

@praj said:
    guys i really need help. can someone tell me how to do it? i saw many videos but none worked. character still can go as high as possible and stops there. i want it to stop after 1-2 sec of jump and come back to floor. BTW my character can go through floor if not bounces off. Any ideas on how to stop bounce? collide always bounces.

Simple. Go to Actor>Physics>Bounciness=0.
    The settings needs to apply to both player actor and floor

• asbatasbat Member Posts: 2

@NovicaStudio said:
    When key Up is pressed for 1 second accelerate upward, after 1 second accelerate downward. I have seen people do that before. It is one of the more simple ways.

can you tell the process in detail.Thank you