Can GS download a graphic from the web and use it?

jtadeojtadeo Member, PRO Posts: 92

It's in reference to this thread that was closed:
http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/51568/is-gs-able-to-use-content-downloaded-from-my-server-to-keep-app-small-in-size

It would help a lot in maintaining and refreshing game assets. That way my game won't get bloated. I'm in my 4th day working with the GameSalad trial and stuff I took for granted with Corona is either not there or requires a magical Unicorn to conjure what I need.

Beyond that, I remember what a fun program GS was and still is and I'm looking into reviving an old game I made years back.

*FYI - I don't have a Unicorn.

Comments

• DeadpoolBro13DeadpoolBro13 Member Posts: 82

Just go to your folder and drag the graphic you downloaded onto your images and make it an actor.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited March 2016

As @Lost_Oasis_Games said in Dec 2012 o:)

"This may become available when the LUA free creator is released. Gamesalad is working on a new creator with a different engine that is able to incorporate such things. Just have to be patient."

He has the patience of a saint... actually, I think he is a saint.

• jtadeojtadeo Member, PRO Posts: 92

@DeadpoolBro13 thanks for the reply, however I am referring to networking functions post binary compile. What you describe is done in creator and is exactly what I don't want to do. The link reference provided at the outset of my post may help to clarify this a bit more.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    edited March 2016

No, you can't currently load images dynamically from a remote server. Would be a nice feature to have though!

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@PhilipCC said:
    As @Lost_Oasis_Games said in Dec 2012 o:)

"This may become available when the LUA free creator is released. Gamesalad is working on a new creator with a different engine that is able to incorporate such things. Just have to be patient."

He has the patience of a saint... actually, I think he is a saint.

I'm no saint but I am a realist..lol I understand the difficulties of running a business. One can only do what they can with the money and resources they have. I know the team works very hard to do the best they can but they are human.

• DeadpoolBro13DeadpoolBro13 Member Posts: 82

@jtadeo said:
    @DeadpoolBro13 thanks for the reply, however I am referring to networking functions post binary compile. What you describe is done in creator and is exactly what I don't want to do. The link reference provided at the outset of my post may help to clarify this a bit more.

Okay, no prob.