Stable Release 1.25.54 is Available

ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

IMPORTANT: RevMob was having an issue that was causing apps to get removed from the store. This new version of their sdk fixes this issue, so if your app uses RevMob, you will need to publish an update.

Features:

• Updated Chartboost sdk to 6.4.2
  • Updated AdMob sdk to 7.8.0
  • Updated RevMob sdk to 9.1.0

Bug Fixes:

• 1681 - Live Preview causes flashing of images on scene

Comments

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

nice quick fixes, i have 2 "small" thing i want fix for ..... if you turn off the display and then start it again the game can be out off position.
    And when i use the new quit att i always get a error messege

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

THANK YOU! I thought all hope was lost and no one saw my discussion I posted, but thanks for the quick turn around.

• RocketBrainRocketBrain Member, PRO Posts: 269

any chance of fixing that stupid corrupted scene issue with the camera control? please?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@RocketBrain said:
    any chance of fixing that stupid corrupted scene issue with the camera control? please?

I've not seen that, what's the bug report link?

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@freneticz said:
    nice quick fixes, i have 2 "small" thing i want fix for ..... if you turn off the display and then start it again the game can be out off position.
    And when i use the new quit att i always get a error messege

submit a bug report

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited May 2016

@ForumNinja
    wait but the up to date chartboost sdk was already in the previous build i was told.
    ..plsss..

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited May 2016

//

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

@ForumNinja - Could you tell us which Chartboost sdks was in the previous release? If it was less than 6.4 we'll need to republish to take advantage of the current 20% bonus they are running. Thanks.

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

@DigiChain said:
    @ForumNinja - Could you tell us which Chartboost sdks was in the previous release? If it was less than 6.4 we'll need to republish to take advantage of the current 20% bonus they are running. Thanks.

All of that information was in the release notes for 1.25.50. http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/91905/stable-release-1-25-is-available/p1

This was an unplanned release to fix the RevMob issue, but since I needed to fix that I also updated to the latest SDKs for all of the ad networks.

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

@GeorgeGS - OK, thanks.

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

So I tried to publish with 0.13.33 and I was unable to do so because of this error message: "Code signing tool error iPhone publishing requires the iPhone SDK. Ensure that you have the latest iPhone SDK installed". Do I have to have a different version of Xcode and iOS to publish on 0.13.33? It works fine to publish with 1.25.54.

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

@viking said:
    So I tried to publish with 0.13.33 and I was unable to do so because of this error message: "Code signing tool error iPhone publishing requires the iPhone SDK. Ensure that you have the latest iPhone SDK installed". Do I have to have a different version of Xcode and iOS to publish on 0.13.33? It works fine to publish with 1.25.54.

Publishing with 0.13.33 is very 3rd century sir, but then again, you are a @viking

True :) 1.25.54 is a monster performer! My games run solid in 60 FPS on the device, which is amazing! However, my ball physics are broken with every version since the new Box2D library was added to GS 6 months ago, so my only option is to go back to 0.13.33 until it is fixed. Anyone know what I have to do to make publishing work with 0.13.33?

@viking said:
    True :) 1.25.54 is a monster performer! My games run solid in 60 FPS on the device, which is amazing! However, my ball physics are broken with every version since the new Box2D library was added to GS 6 months ago, so my only option is to go back to 0.13.33 until it is fixed. Anyone know what I have to do to make publishing work with 0.13.33?

What about the ball physics is broken?

About 5-10% of the time my golf ball lands and then spins back to the pin the way it should and always did before that particular Box2D update. The rest of the time the ball bounces forward and rolls way past the pin.

I wouldn't mind if the ball collision physics were less "grippy" in the new Box 2D version. I would just tweak the friction numbers and that would be that. However, I can't live with the inconsistency. Players would just stop playing if they hit an important shot into the green and it suddenly spins back violently and end up in the water.

@viking said:
    About 5-10% of the time my golf ball lands and then spins back to the pin the way it should and always did before that particular Box2D update. The rest of the time the ball bounces forward and rolls way past the pin.

I wouldn't mind if the ball collision physics were less "grippy" in the new Box 2D version. I would just tweak the friction numbers and that would be that. However, I can't live with the inconsistency. Players would just stop playing if they hit an important shot into the green and it suddenly spins back violently and end up in the water.

You've tried checking the better collisions and unchecking the can sleep options?

Yeah. That was the first thing I tried.

I was hoping that when the radiant vs angle bug was fixed that it would help somehow. I was also very hopeful when I read about the options of assigning better collisions to actors, but unfortunately none of these did anything to ensure that the ball physics are 100% consistent. It sucks that you can't trust the outcome because there are a lot of games that will need accurate and consistent ball physics, not just my game.

@viking It's weird, as they've never been 100% consistent. There's always been a little randomness in Box2D. Can you put together a demo project that shows the issue while stripping out everything else?

It's a big project that has been in development for over two years, so it will be tricky. But I will take a look and see if it is possible.

@viking said:
    It's a big project that has been in development for over two years, so it will be tricky. But I will take a look and see if it is possible.

If you can't replicate the same issue in a new project just throwing in the bare minimum, there will be a good chance the problem is in your logic. It's a great experiment to do!

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited May 2016

ok good 6.4 sdks was enough to get the rev. boost.
    "Get 20% video ad revenue"

THANKS GUYS

@Armeline The weird thing is that my logic produces 100% accurate and reliable ball physics results in version 1.23.1. Then I load the exact same project file with 1.25.54 and now the same logic only produces 90% reliable physics results. So how can it be my logic?

@viking said:
    @Armeline The weird thing is that my logic produces 100% accurate and reliable ball physics results in version 1.23.1. Then I load the exact same project file with 1.25.54 and now the same logic only produces 90% reliable physics results. So how can it be my logic?

It probably isn't! But the best way to be sure is to break the problem down into a project simple enough to eliminate other causes. Makes the GS bug/change it probably is much easier to pin down, too.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@Armelline said:

@viking said:

It probably isn't! But the best way to be sure is to break the problem down into a project simple enough to eliminate other causes. Makes the GS bug/change it probably is much easier to pin down, too.

My thought is he might have been relying on a bug in old physics engine to get the result he wants.

• whycaliwhycali Member, PRO Posts: 87

Has anybody seen this version of GS slow down with Apple's new update of 10.11.5? My Mac updated automatically and now GS is slow almost not usable.

@whycali said:
    Has anybody seen this version of GS slow down with Apple's new update of 10.11.5? My Mac updated automatically and now GS is slow almost not usable.

Yes, recently Apple changed the way it handles memory. Codewizard is aware and been working on the issue for a week or so now.

• whycaliwhycali Member, PRO Posts: 87

@Lost_Oasis_Games Thank you for the update. Wasn't sure if i was the only one seeing the issue.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@whycali said:

Thanks for mentioning that. I just sorted out issues with other software and OS X 10.11.4 and was about to update, so now I'll wait.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited May 2016

1.25.54 + COM + constrain gives fairly unpredictable results, no bug report as yet (more investigation needed to usefully describe the issue) but for example constraining an actor's rotation to an increasing value - while that actor has a shifted COM - sees it fail to honour the set COM.

@Socks said:
    1.25.54 + COM + constrain gives fairly unpredictable results, no bug report as yet (more investigation needed to usefully describe the issue) but for example constraining an actor's rotation to an increasing value - while that actor has a shifted COM - sees it fail to honour the set COM.

Are you adjusting the com during rotation?