New Release 1.25.59 is Available

ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

Bug Fixes:

• 1706 - Fixed the general slowdown issue that was brought on by the new Mac OS X update (10.11.5)
  • Fix for AdMob crash when there's a network available but the device can’t access it
  • Partially fixed the slow opening of large actors. People with huge actors will still be plagued by this issue for a little while

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327
  • VodkaNaleVodkaNale Member Posts: 8

I updated to this version and now i can't delete attributes

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

Well that's not good. I'm having a developer look at a fix currently and should have another update soon to fix that.

• quinn221quinn221 Member Posts: 280

I updated but I am still having the same issue with my large actor. It only lets me make a few changes then it crashes when I exit the actor or preview. :'(

• myke66myke66 Member Posts: 74

By large do you mean size or amount of code in the actor?

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

I am sure he means complex actors with a lot of logic.

@viking said:

This is what I mean by large, yep.

• 3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

Did the issue with the large actors also start with the latest OSX (10.11.15)?
    Or was it there before the update?

There has been an issue where actors with a lot of logic in them would take a long time to open for awhile now. This version improves it some, but some people may have actors that still open slowly, and work is being done to improve that further.

We've got a couple crash reports as well that we're looking into.

• imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

Great news.

@ForumNinja it would be great if you guys could set up an email for these kind of SUPER important updates. You've already got all our email addresses from the forum, and something like mailchimp is free for a certain number of emails - all it would take is to paste the update in and send.

Failing that, is there a way to turn on email notifications for announcement posts (just like you get an email when someone replies etc)?

I've bodged my own solution by subscribing to the RSS of this category, but I'd much rather an email from you guys. Would feel a tad more professional too.

I mean, hell. I'm pretty sure mailchimp allows you to send emails based on an RSS feed so you could be up and running in minutes!

• quinn221quinn221 Member Posts: 280

@ForumNinja said:
    There has been an issue where actors with a lot of logic in them would take a long time to open for awhile now. This version improves it some, but some people may have actors that still open slowly, and work is being done to improve that further.

@ForumNinja I have an actor that will crash the game without fail. But only after you go into the actor then out, then preview the game. However it will also freeze the game if you go into the actor, make a change then go back into the actor. I am guessing it is a memory leak of some sort. Because after you go into the actor the animation images disappear. I am hoping this can get fixed.

Thanks for everything you guys are doing!

• myke66myke66 Member Posts: 74

@ForumNinja said:

@viking said:

I havent had an issue with complex actors opening slowly, but moving through the code crawls. However, today I had 3 crashes in a row, where I had not had one since prior to the "big" release a couple weeks ago. After a restart it seems to be better, but it was happening after selecting my logic actor.

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

I'm not sure if this meant to be unique to OS but have been having the same issues on Windows. Less the crashing but scrolling is a nightmare let alone moving rules/groups/behaviour into different positions

@ForumNinja said:

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143

Looks like we found the cause of the inability to delete attributes. Woot. That's been pushed to test. Expect a release tomorrow if all goes well.

• saif_shammarisaif_shammari Member Posts: 128
    edited June 2016

Hi
    I just find in my project that some tags are deleted
    (Tow big tags with many actors deleted, but no problem with the small tags)
    I still use 1.25.54
    I'm not sure if this happen with anyone else
    Because i have some problem with my mac
    Maybe only for me or maybe a bug
    Just want to share :)

• AkeDynamicAkeDynamic Member Posts: 1

Thanks a lot. This build really helps. I can now quickly open and close my actors with huge amount of behaviors.

• vikashjhavikashjha Member Posts: 1

Thanks a lot :)

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

Choo choo all aboard the update train.

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Member, PRO Posts: 486

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• weblantisweblantis Member, PRO Posts: 114

Great work - thanks team!

• digitalzerodigitalzero Member, BASIC Posts: 639

THIS IS AMAZING!!!! i updated a couple of days ago and theres a BIGGGG difference... its so much quicker! before i would spend most of my time waiting for the actor to open as opposed to doing any coding or designing... and theres a lot of on screen actors i need to change and open up on the scene! this is great... feeling the looovvvveee <3 <3 <3