Problem with Chartboost ( Android ) and change scene

IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
edited June 2016 in Working with GS (Mac)

I just published an apk with chartboost interestial ads , the ads appear but when i close the ad the scene doesnt change it just gets stuck on the same scene. I have to click on the ad then return back to the game to load it. I tried ticking both portrait and landscape on the chartboost basic settings , and i tried by ticking landscape only. It sometimes works but most of the time the scene doesnt change , it doesnt even load.

I am using the latest gamesalad version for mac, the platform is iphone 5 landscape, This happens on 3 android devices , samsung galaxy s7 edge , samsung galaxy s4 and samsung grand prime.

Can anyone test this with android or did anyone face the same problem ?

Comments

• chaosmasterrochaosmasterro Member, PRO Posts: 51

I'm experiencing the same thing. Any work around to this without switching ad networks?

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited July 2016

I didn't find a solution sorry , (this is an old thread btw) , I also published a game 2 days ago i had the same issue again with android , the change scene behavior doesnt work sometimes , it happened after i added chartboost to the app. I ignored it since no one else is having the problem and published my app anyway, now it happens 10 % of the time. I talked to support and they couldnt see the bug in their devices it worked fine with them, I even showed them a youtube video of the bug , but it happens with me only so , it might be a regional or internet issue as they said. Not sure.

All i know is it happens on the first change scene behavior in the game , and there is a 10-20 % chance it happens , if the first change scene behavior works then the rest of the game will function properly.

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

I've been fine with video and interstitial on chartboost for android, if you want to test mine to see if it's your phone it's here, haven't been touched or downloaded in a while so hopefully ads are still active lol (http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nnterprises.mm)

With video reward ads I do: when button is pressed GO TO SCENE "AD" (with reward ads on). Then on that scene I just have a rule that is "if anywhere is touched go back to the other scene".

With the interstitial I always did when die, change scene with interstitial ads. It worked fine...

What are you trying to do exactly? Change scene in a menu and the int. ad pops up and changes?

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

@NNterprises The first scene you press on level 1 button , but the scene doesnt change and the ad dont display , the scene just gets stuck , it doesnt always happen now it barely does. As i said its an old thread and the problem is 90 % gone.

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

Ohh oh ok buddy good luck