custom collision shapes using windows pc (fixed)

herionherion Member, PRO Posts: 19
edited August 2016 in Working with GS (Mac)

I have watched a tutorial of how to add custom collisions in an actor, however when i press a collision's tab to custom, no window pops up to ask for the customised file. How can I add it?

Comments

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

hmm that's interesting because that's the only way I know how to put it in. I use PC too and everytime I scroll to CUSTOM it pops up. If I need to add a new one, I click circle, then custom again and it comes back...

• herionherion Member, PRO Posts: 19

@NNterprises said:
    hmm that's interesting because that's the only way I know how to put it in. I use PC too and everytime I scroll to CUSTOM it pops up. If I need to add a new one, I click circle, then custom again and it comes back...

I will try to re install gamesalad :/

edited August 2016

Is that the one i need to press????

Maybe it is somehow related to my pc settings, does anyone know? This is embarrassing

Yeah you're pressing the right thing... I got nothing. Did it used to work?

@NNterprises said:
    Yeah you're pressing the right thing... I got nothing. Did it used to work?

No it have not worked with windows 7 now its windows 10

• Perritech BetaPerritech Beta Member, PRO Posts: 14

You're modifying an instance. Try doing that on the prototype?

edited August 2016

@Perritech Beta said:

The actor wasn't unlocked, if that's what you mean. Shouldn't be an issue anyway.

Yea maybe it IS an issue. Just change it from the actor menu maybe it's weird like that. For more ensurance, delete the character from the scene and change it from the side menu

I'm on Windows 10 too and it worked in both for me

Ok it is fixed. Apparently, the function got activated only after pressing the grey cog ''edit rules'' button.

• Perritech BetaPerritech Beta Member, PRO Posts: 14

'> @herion said:

@Perritech Beta said:

The actor wasn't unlocked, if that's what you mean. Shouldn't be an issue anyway.

Although the actor wasn't unlocked, that attribute (the collision shape) WILL be unlocked as soon as you make any changes to it. I'd always make changes to prototypes, not instances, unless you really need to.

@Perritech Beta said:

Although the actor wasn't unlocked, that attribute (the collision shape) WILL be unlocked as soon as you make any changes to it. I'd always make changes to prototypes, not instances, unless you really need to.

Yeah now that you hit EDIT RULES the prototype actor in the menu will NOT have the same custom collision shape as the instance actor. Edit rules is unlocking the collision only. So if you spawn that actor anytime ever it will have a different collision shape unless you change the prototype too