Free Level Editor

Comments

• MantoManto Member Posts: 796

@timolapre1998 said:
    I have no idea why, but it's working now... :)

Great! :)

• SEMASEMA Member Posts: 161

Thank you a lot this tool is amazing. My game developing speed is 10x faster. <3

@SEMA said:
    Thank you a lot this tool is amazing. My game developing speed is 10x faster. <3

Great! That's nice to hear! :smile:

There is a problem when I open the editor and then open GS some images disappear.

@SEMA said:
    There is a problem when I open the editor and then open GS some images disappear.

So the problem appears when you open the project in my editor and after saving it open GS again?

Are you on Windows or Mac?

The problem appears after I edit the project on the editor. I open GS and some of the images are gone they aren't deleted, just removed from the actor. I am using windows

It's easy to fix just add the images again but it's a bit annoying.

@SEMA said:
    The problem appears after I edit the project on the editor. I open GS and some of the images are gone they aren't deleted, just removed from the actor. I am using windows

Do you have a project you could send where the problem happens?

• JScottJScott Member Posts: 143

@Manto I just came across this great tool, thanks for building it! But it's not working for me on PC. As mentioned above, when I use your level editor and save changes, next time I open the GS project, all the images from that scene are gone!
    What's the proper way to save level editor so the changes take effect in GS?
    That might be my problem, there is no "revert to saved" on Windows version.
    Thanks, I hope this works, it would be useful.

@JScott I am having the same problem

@SEMA too bad. We can't be the only Windows people using this, can we?

This tool is very useful saves time but with this bug it adds more time.

• birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 284

Well, with no support whatsoever by the GameSalad team even though this tool adds insane usability and value to the godawful build-in scene creator I totally get why @Manto doesn't spend too much time here.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@JScott said:
    @SEMA too bad. We can't be the only Windows people using this, can we?

It happens with the Mac version too.

@JScott said:
    @Manto I just came across this great tool, thanks for building it! But it's not working for me on PC. As mentioned above, when I use your level editor and save changes, next time I open the GS project, all the images from that scene are gone!

@SEMA said:

@Socks said:

Thanks for reporting about the problem. Unfortunately I'm too busy to fix it right now, but if any of you want to help, you could send (or upload somewhere) a project where the images disappear, before and after saving it in SceneEditor (without making any other changes). I currently don't have access to GameSalad.

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

@Manto said:

@JScott said:

@SEMA said:

@Socks said:

Thanks for reporting about the problem. Unfortunately I'm too busy to fix it right now, but if any of you want to help, you could send (or upload somewhere) a project where the images disappear, before and after saving it in SceneEditor (without making any other changes). I currently don't have access to GameSalad.

I noticed that after editing a scene with the editor and opening the project in GS, the actor instances image names have .png at the end. It might be related to the missing images bug.

It's not that big of a deal if the image attribute has .png in the end, but if you use the image name in a rule you need to prepare for that.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

edited October 2016

I have also noticed that the .xml files are different in the scenes folder after saving in the levels editor.
    @Manto I will send you a project. Do you have an email I can send it to? Can't send it through here.

@MentalDonkeyGames said:
    I noticed that after editing a scene with the editor and opening the project in GS, the actor instances image names have .png at the end. It might be related to the missing images bug.

It's not that big of a deal if the image attribute has .png in the end, but if you use the image name in a rule you need to prepare for that.

Well spotted. It does seem to add the ".png" to the end. But it doesn't sound like it could cause all images of a scene to disappear.

I have tested a couple of projects, but the images were just fine. Thus a project file would be very helpful.

@Manto, sent you a before and after project. thanks for your continued efforts on this! It will be a game changer for sure.

edited October 2016

@JScott said:
    @Manto, sent you a before and after project. thanks for your continued efforts on this! It will be a game changer for sure.

Thanks for sending the projects! I've now uploaded a new version that should fix the image names. Let me know if it fixes the missing images problem.

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

just getting the newest version of this for my new game, having to realign everything by 200 pixel to the left, this is still the best way to do it.

EDIT: No issues occured

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@Manto I seem to have an issue, or am I not understanding something? Cannot scroll around, so with a big scene, it's practically impossible to use this tool at all.

@pHghost said:
    @Manto I seem to have an issue, or am I not understanding something? Cannot scroll around, so with a big scene, it's practically impossible to use this tool at all.

Clicking and dragging while holding space bar doesn't work?

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Ah, space is the trigger button. I'll test later. Thanks!

• rainwaterstudiosrainwaterstudios Member Posts: 198

I'm trying to open my project in LevelEditor, but nothing happens! It doesn't seem like it freezes, and it seems to load other projects fine... please advise

@rainwaterstudios said:
    I'm trying to open my project in LevelEditor, but nothing happens! It doesn't seem like it freezes, and it seems to load other projects fine... please advise

It's difficult to say what is causing it. Could you send the project file that causes the freeze? You can remove all art, irrelevant actors and such, as long as it still does the same thing.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Hi @Manto! I used your level editor to move hundreds of objects in multiple scenes recently. It's no exaggeration to say it saved me literally 4 or 5 hours! So a huge thanks for that!

I did notice one bug, though - any unlocked actors got placed in the top left-most corner of the scene. It wasn't a big deal as repositioning those was minimal effort compared to the time saved, but thought you might want to know!

edited May 2017

@rainwaterstudios said:

This problem is now fixed in the latest version!

@Armelline said:
    Hi @Manto! I used your level editor to move hundreds of objects in multiple scenes recently. It's no exaggeration to say it saved me literally 4 or 5 hours! So a huge thanks for that!

Awesome! It's always nice to hear the editor is still useful! :smile:

I did notice one bug, though - any unlocked actors got placed in the top left-most corner of the scene. It wasn't a big deal as repositioning those was minimal effort compared to the time saved, but thought you might want to know!

Do you have example project or can you tell how I can reproduce this problem? I tried to create a project, adding one actor, dragging it to the scene and then unlocking it but it seemed to work just fine.

edited May 2017

@Armelline said:

I found one project where this problem happens. It is now fixed. However, the editor will overwrite the position values that come from the prototype. E.g. if you have set the position of an actor in the prototype view, after saving the scene in the level editor the position cannot be changed in the prototype view anymore.

• lavoiesvfxlavoiesvfx Member, PRO Posts: 51

@Manto
    That's really cool ! At first hands on on GS I found there's lack of functionality in the UI. I couldn't duplicate and move little objects. And with your Level Editor it's so easy.
    Thanks so much it's so useful !
    Sylvain