Who wants to make a few bucks?

My game is finished it's ready to go but i can't get through apple testing IVP-6, basically all the steps of publishing i find quite difficult it's really not my strong point i know there's not that much to do there and i look everything up read all the articles, watch the videos where i can find them and my progress is painfully slow and it's driving me crazy. I've almost got my second game finished and i still can't get my first one out and i've lost all my patients trying.
So here's what i'm offering somebody finish this for me get through the publishing process and i'll pay you to do it

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187
    edited April 2017

Gingasgaming does that sort of thing. Very reasonable and pretty smart guy.

I felt the same at the start but muddled through. Best to learn it if you can.

• grahameckersleygrahameckersley Member Posts: 81

@Toque did you have problems with IPV-6? i keep asking apple if someone there could please just tell me in plane english what the problem is but they just keep sending back the same automated message, not complying with 2.1 test on IPV-6 bla bla bla

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327
    edited April 2017

Can you post the last rejection message Apple sent to you? It's really help narrow down the nature of the problem. Normally such rejections are related to IAPs, and can be as simple as a Buy Now button not responding quickly enough inside Apple's testing environment.

Edit: Just found your previous post with the rejection message. It sounds like you're using the basic method of IAP, and that it is likely just the IAPs being too slow in Apple's test environment, or potentially they're incorrectly set up. If it's the former, this is a common problem and why it's recommended to use a more responsive IAP implementation. If it's the latter, you'll need to revisit how you're implementing your IAPs.

The talk of IPV-6 is misleading. The problem is that your AP buttons don't seem to do anything when pressed by the tester. Ignore any thought of IPV-6 and focus on getting your IAPs working.

@Armelline yea for sure

From Apple
    2. 1 Performance: App Completeness
    Hello,

Thank you for your resubmission. Upon further review, your app is not yet in compliance with Guideline 2.1.

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPad running iOS 10.3 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network.

Specifically, your in-app purchase buttons were unresponsive. Please see attached screenshots for details.

To resolve this issue, please run your app on a device while connected to an IPv6 network (all apps must support IPv6) to identify any issues, then revise and resubmit your app for review.

Best regards,

App Store Review

Everything works perfectly on the google end but with apple apparently it doesn't work, and also in test flight the prices don't show up like they do in android beta testing is that normal or is that telling me there's a problem there?

edited April 2017

See the edit to my previous post that I was writing when you posted that!

Since you say it works in Android but not iOS, the problem is likely with the set-up of the IAP in iTunes Connect or you're using the wrong purchase ID somewhere.

How would i go about doing a more responsive IAP? As far as i know there's only one way to make them work dragging in the premade line of code for purchases...

edited April 2017

@grahameckersley said:
    How would i go about doing a more responsive IAP? As far as i know there's only one way to make them work dragging in the premade line of code for purchases...

Check out my tutorial template. But it might not be necessary to do more - it sounds like there's a problem preventing the IAPs from working at all. You should resolve that first, Apple will probably accept the submission then. Since you say it's not displaying prices, confirm that the purchase table is getting filled. If it's not, first thing to check is your setup in iTunes Connect.

What i don't get is if it works perfectly on android then why wouldn't it work for apple it's exactly the same there's no change between them...
    Thanks @Armelline i'll start on that tutorial now

@grahameckersley said:
    What i don't get is if it works perfectly on android then why wouldn't it work for apple it's exactly the same there's no change between them...
    Thanks @Armelline i'll start on that tutorial now

That's why I'd check the setup of the IAP in iTunes Connect first. That is not the same as with Android. There can be subtle things in the logic that can make it function differently on Android/iOS, but that's less likely.

Run this test:

Make a new project that has one button in it. All that button should do is to request the purchase data, and display the callback attribute. Set up the purchase table just as you've got it in your main game project (you can export it and import it). Publish it through your game's publishing portal, with the same app ID, and upload it to Apple to test through TestFlight.

If the actor display 1 after you press the button, the problem is in the logic for your IAPs (probably). If the actor displays -1, the problem is almost certainly with your iTunes Connect setup. If it displays 0, and doesn't change at all, then it's going to be trickier to pin down!

Actually @Armelline i just want to clarify should the prices be displaying in the app during test flight as they do with android beta testing?

@grahameckersley said:
    Actually @Armelline i just want to clarify should the prices be displaying in the app during test flight as they do with android beta testing?

Yes, all IAP should function in TestFlight - though it does depend on the type of provisioning profile you signed with. If you use ad hoc, they won't work - it needs to be an App Store profile. Since you're submitting to Apple, I assume that it is - if it's not, that's definitely something that needs fixing first.

@Armelline ok the prices don't show up in test flight in mine so i have the wrong kind of profile...
    I didn't even know there were different kinds...

The other suggestions I made are entirely possible as well. There's a whole bunch of things that could be going wrong. Just go through my suggestions and rule out each one.
    You're providing no additional information so I can't narrow it down further I'm afraid.

@Armelline yea thanks man i'm trying to make my way through them. I'm just going through the IAP set up in itunes at the moment checking again for errors there, in setting up IAP for IOS gamesalad instruction its says the product id should be the same as it is in the purchase table, makes sense e:g buy_pins2 , but then i watched a video that said the product id should start with bundle identifier first e:g com.appbluep.game.buy_pins2,
    so which is it?

@grahameckersley said:
    so which is it?

It doesn't matter if you use the bundle ID or not, as long as it's the same in iTunes Connect as in the purchase table.

edited April 2017

@Armelline I've just been through itunes again and i'm sure i've done everything right, but as you suggested that's probably where the problem is since everything works perfectly on android. I've probably just got one little thing wrong in the wrong place or something but for the life of me i just can't find what it is, what are the chances i could get you to take a look at it for me?

@Armelline i'd be happy to send you $20 for your troubles for doing so

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@grahameckersley said:

Armelline won't get out of bed (or into bed) for less than $23.40.

@grahameckersley said:

I'm afraid this could be being caused by any number of things and it's very likely to take longer than that.

edited April 2017

@Armelline ok so $40 then?

@grahameckersley said:
    @Armelline ok so $40 then?

Armelline won't get out of bed (or into bed) for less than $43.40.

You seem to keep raising the bar here @Socks

@grahameckersley said:

I won't raise the bar for anything less that $30, but I do a discount rate on two bars ($50).

@Socks right ok well here's the point i need someone who know how to set up itunes properly with the IAP's to go into my account and correct whatever it is that's been done wrong and the sooner they can do it the better! So you can do this?

edited April 2017

I'm happy to look at it for you, but I cannot give a guaranteed cost, as the problem could be anything from the provisioning profile being wrong to an error in the setup of the IAP in iTunes Connect to a subtle problem in the logic. It might take 5 minutes to find the problem, it might take several hours. I've given a lot of suggestions for things to check in the thread, though, so there's no need for you to be paying anything. I've told you the various things I'd be checking, all you'd be paying for would be to have me do it rather than you.

I'm not trying to drive the bid up, it's simply that I do this for a living and cannot undertake a job for a fixed fee where it's impossible to estimate the time needed. My hunch is that it would end up costing closer to $20, but it could easily end up costing more than $40. I do a whole IAP implementation and walk through of the various Apple bits over Skype, all for a fixed fee, though, so there is a top end to what it could potentially cost. But that's definitely more than $40.

Ok @Armelline yea i understand you've given me a lot of suggestions to work with and i'm sure you're right that one of the things you mentioned will be the problem however I'm going to take you up on your offer, get into my itunes and see if you can see the problem if it takes more than an hour stop there. Sound good?

@grahameckersley said:
    Ok @Armelline yea i understand you've given me a lot of suggestions to work with and i'm sure you're right that one of the things you mentioned will be the problem however I'm going to take you up on your offer, get into my itunes and see if you can see the problem if it takes more than an hour stop there. Sound good?

Sure, drop me a PM and we'll figure a time over the weekend that we can take a look. I'd strongly recommend running the test I mentioned in this post first, though, as it'll help us narrow down the problem.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@grahameckersley said:

They work the target as as a team. ;)

You oughta see them hustling with the walnut shells and a peanut! :smirk:

@PhilipCC said:

@grahameckersley said:

They work the target as as a team. ;)

You oughta see them hustling with the walnut shells and a peanut! :smirk:

I did actually make such a game once, so I got pretty good at it. You'll never find the peanut!

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Armelline said:
    You'll never find the peanut!

@Socks ate it! :yum: