Mini-Map Setup

I'm working on setting up a corner view mini-map, by constraining mini versions of each actor to the normal actors X and Y positions, divided by 5 (since my mini-map is 1/5 of the screen size). However, I'm running into a problem in that while the actors and mini-view actors are working great, I can't figure out a way to miniaturize actors that are spawned multiple times - i.e. when shooting multiple projectiles, how would I go about showing them in the mini-map view? The only way I can think of getting the result I'm looking for is to set up each projectile with its own x and y game attributes... I want to spawn a significant amount of the same actor and have each instance of them displayed in the mini-view.... maybe @Socks or someone else has a solution, or suggestion about how to implement this functionality?

Cheers,
Connor

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited July 2017

You can do it with tables . Add a row to each spawned projectile using add/remove row behaviour and keep track of its x and y position . There might be better ways, but this might help.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

@Icebox said:
    You can do it with tables . Add a row to each spawned projectile using add/remove row behaviour and keep track of its x and y position . There might be better ways, but this might help.

Wow!

• rainwaterstudiosrainwaterstudios Member Posts: 198

@Icebox said:

AWESOME. Thank you, this is great!