Has anybody used admob, designed for families in google play? Is it even possible?

cucuvayaGamescucuvayaGames Member Posts: 18
edited September 2017 in Tech Support

In this article it is mentioned that the code has to be changed, is there a way to fix this?

https://support.google.com/admob/answer/6223431?hl=en

Is there someone in the community that can help me (paid) fix this issue? Since I make games for kids and I'm having a major problem.

Thank you.

Comments

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

i just realised that i had to update my apps by checking "no".
    I don't know if there is a disadvantage by not deciding.
    And no i didn't used "yes".

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@cucuvayaGames said:
    the code has to be changed, is there a way to fix this?

Would it be enough to publish a new version of the app? That might count as a new codebase.

• cucuvayaGamescucuvayaGames Member Posts: 18

@BigDave I also updated my apps by clicking "no" but Google can tell that it is a game for kids, they didn't except it :(

@pHghost I don't think that is possible, the code has to be changed while Gamesalad requests the add from Admob. The Gamesalad publisher doesn't have that option.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@cucuvayaGames said:
    the code has to be changed while Gamesalad requests the ad from AdMob

Does that even make sense, though? Isn't the API code the same, anyway?

I'd try these two things:

1) Update your app with a new version. Hopefully, it will identify itself as a new version and all will work.

2) Start a new App Profile in AdMob and republish your app with that profile instead of the old one.

• CzgCzg Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2017

@CucuvayaGames, have you solved the problem. After we opted in DFF programme, no ads (admob) showing. Our apps's category is primarily child directed apps.

• cucuvayaGamescucuvayaGames Member Posts: 18

@CzgTV , no couldn't solve it. I went to Revmob, but the income is soooo low, :(

• CzgCzg Member Posts: 6

I think that we should ask GS team to add that option to Show Banner, just five coding lines.