Display text behaviors don't show when ad hoc testing

Matti91Matti91 Member, PRO Posts: 14

When I try to test my app through ad hoc on my device no text is displayed. Not in any scene.

I don't get what's wrong. When I run the preview the text is showing. When I test through the GS viewer the text is showing. When I publish to GS Arcade the text is showing.

Why is this happening and how to solve it?

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Did you resolve it??

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

How are you ad hoc testing it?

If you create a new, blank GameSalad project and add an actor to the scene with a Display Text behavior and then preview it and run it as ad hoc, what happens?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Matti91Matti91 Member, PRO Posts: 14

@Toque no, not yet sadly. Thank you for asking.

@tatiang I sat up my ad hoc provisioning profile and used Xcode to load my app to my phone. It happened with two of my apps so far. I haven't tried a blank project with only 1 actor with a display text behavior yet. I will try that and see what happens, thanks.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

I just finished a game with display text and adhoc and published it worked fine. Strange.

• ryanb4257ryanb4257 Member Posts: 24

Hello, were you ever able to resolve this problem? I'm having the same problem right now and don't know what I should do to fix it. Thanks.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@ryanb4257

How are you ad hoc testing it?

If you create a new, blank GameSalad project and add an actor to the scene with a Display Text behavior and then preview it and run it as ad hoc, what happens?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User