NOTICE: DO NOT UPGRADE TO HIGH SIERRA

Comments

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@adent42 @forumninja Any word at all? I think the community is could really use an update post right about now. It's getting pretty heated around here.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
    edited November 2017

@Gladonia said:
    I can guarantee that for more than a day it did not work

Personally I'm having problems with downloading generated APKs, super slow. But all that said, those issues are usually the fault of the company who is responsible for the hosting etc.

As bad as the situation is regarding response times, I wouldn't see an overloaded server as proof of anything.

In terms of the bio, who cares? How is it related to anything? Just because someone is a sloppy writer doesn't mean they cannot do anything else properly.

If they get the ball rolling and do some proper work on the tool, they are free to have as sloppy bios as they wish.

@bdusing if you want to troll everyone, just make a slick new bio, upload it on the site and link it here, with the title: I heard your wishes, Major Update released.

That will probably give you another two years.

:trollface:

• Twisted WireTwisted Wire Member, PRO Posts: 13

I at least hope we get reimbursed for the amount of time that Gamesalad has been unusable.

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263
    edited November 2017

Hey @bdusing @ForumNinja @Braydon_SFX @adent42 any update? Now is a better time than ever.

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

Wow...

• diogoredindiogoredin Member Posts: 50

Question has to be asked: is GameSalad still being supported?

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited November 2017

Guys - I have to say F this... HOW many tags, in how long, and nothing at all back from any of all this...

This is THE last year that GS get my 'subscription' money - I've a finished project that's in limbo seemingly because of not having the latest API's/SDK's integrated for ads, etc, Google Play's new IAP requirements are probably not going to be met / introduced for God knows how long, we've still got the splash screen issues, screen jumping/placement issues, Android performance issues, and generally other stupid bugs stopping us from working on projects.

I'm seriously just considering selling my portfolio off, and making my other testing / concept stuff available, as I'm absolutely fracked off with this...

GS 'team' - @adent42 @ForumNinja @bdusing - I hope you're all proud of what you're collectively (not) achieving as a company - I try and try to support GS, but seriously, I've spent 3-4 years trying to make this relationship work, and I've reached the point where you just say I'm tired of being a mug, paying money out for NOTHING - a none-working solution is basically USELESS - I've waited weeks for even some news on the ads issues - it looked promising, but nope... nada... My latest game is now stuck in limbo, and I don't see why the **** I should even continue spending my limited spare time working with this POS (when it really shouldn't be), completely unsupported system.

I think the question has been understandably raised - do GS staff now actively AVOID checking the forums / avoid users?! - because if not, and they are aware of the discontent here and just ignoring it, then it's down to sheer ignorance and contempt, and either way, if things do not change drastically in terms of support and communication anytime soon, I for one am 100% out from ever using this piece of broken, outdated crap again, when my subs end. :angry:

• thanksforthepenthanksforthepen Member, PRO Posts: 2

@ForumNinja said:
    @RowdyPants Yep that's exactly the issue. We have a build that's mostly working currently, but the attribute inspector is still not displaying properly.

I didn't see this, and I have paid to use the software as a Pro user. My game is due for class next week. When is this patch coming through and if it does not come through in time, how do I go about starting the refund process?

• Twisted WireTwisted Wire Member, PRO Posts: 13
    edited November 2017

At least give us an update. Look, I get it. I get that problems come up. But you have an UNWORKING PRODUCT that we're paying $300 a year to use. There comes a point where I have to put my foot down. At least reply to our comments. Say SOMETHING. I don't even care what, I just need to know that you haven't abandoned your product, or your users. I have steered clear from posting on the forums until this issue. Sad it had to be this that brought me here. But for crying out loud, respond to us.

EDIT: Just saw the post about the updates. While I still think more communication would have been good, it's nice to hear things are coming along.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

We're still trying to find the issue, but for the short term we're prioritizing updating the engine's ad networks in order to support the iPhone X by the cutoff deadline. For the time being we have a beta build that will let you work on Sierra.

It's got one bug, and that's the fact that the Attribute Editors don't show up on first load. You can get them to show up again by adding an attribute. You can remove the attribute again if you don't need it.

@Jordan.B.games @thanksforthepen @Japster I'll just send you the link.

For the rest of the status update, check here: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/95712/state-of-gamesalad-on-11-13-2017#latest

• squirrel42squirrel42 Member, PRO Posts: 195

@adent42 Does the add remove have to be done just the once after opening your file? If so could I have the link too please? Thanks.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@squirrel42 it's once per actor / scene after the file is opened. You will have to do it every time, but only for actors/scenes you are editing. Everything seems to stay where it is in the background, even with the UI missing. Basically, just do the trick whenever you see a missing attribute editor/browser.

Thanks for the update @adent42

• brookebbrookeb Member, BASIC Posts: 3
    edited November 2017

ugh, this is probably why mine isn't working.... I just paid to upgrade from my free version also. How long will it be? My scenes weren't opening. (Yes, I have intel and all the system specs for Mac that can cause that issue too).

• 3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

Thanks,
    I was about to install it then I checked the forums to make sure, Glad I did.

Would be even 100X better if we received emails for these kind of issues

• luiscasveluiscasve Member, PRO Posts: 2

Too late for me. I installed high sierra and cannot reverse it.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

@abuabed84 said:
    Thanks,
    I was about to install it then I checked the forums to make sure, Glad I did.

Would be even 100X better if we received emails for these kind of issues

This would save a lot of problems!!!!! A lot of users don’t follow the forums.

Or important updates and info are buried deep in posts.

Or English is second language. Easier to translate an email than hundreds of posts.

• firaxofiraxo Member Posts: 11

@Valan said:
    @adent42, any ETA?

The same question

No update yet, new issues have cropped up with the newest patches to High Sierra. In the short term we're focused on ad network updates for the iPhone X (as well as updates to allow reward ads to continue working). We're hoping to get some extra help in to work on the High Sierra problem and I'll keep you all posted. In the mean time, there is a temporary build that will get you working again on High Sierra, just PM me for a link and instructions.

• paulkerrypaulkerry Member, PRO Posts: 25

I am very surprised that a company like gameSalad didn't not prepare for this during the betas of high sierra? its been an issue for a while and GameSalad isn't make an effort to fix this issue. Most mac uses update to the lastest update of Mac OS DAY ONE they don't think about it. And there is not way to go back. Can you please fix this for the people that upgraded day one. I need high Sierra for its egpu features. So please fix your client issue.

• My RockStar TwinMy RockStar Twin Member, PRO Posts: 1

I pay the license and I can not use it, I have high Sierra, what do we do?

• whycaliwhycali Member, PRO Posts: 87

Has there been any update to fix the issue with High Sierra?

edited December 2017

@whycali @My RockStar Twin check your PMs

Any updates on this fix?

I'm aware of the beta with a workaround, not in a rush, just wondering.

• firaxofiraxo Member Posts: 11

OK, I'm wait for update

• nCartoonnCartoon Member, PRO Posts: 54

SO im pro subscriber for nothing????
    We are 5th December did you solve this problem?

• nominddesignnominddesign Member Posts: 2

Did this ever get fixed, because it's December 6 and I'm running into a blank Scene Editor. I just started the 15-day trial and I hope it doesn't run out before I can try out GameSalad!

@adent42 Please PM me the latest build I can't find the link anywhere - thanks.