State of GameSalad on 11-13-2017
Hello everyone, we know you guys are quite overdue for an update and we appreciate your patience! Things have been incredibly busy at the GS headquarters.
We are still working on fixes for High Sierra compatibility. We've got a beta build right now that (outside of 1 display issue) is fully functional, and you can pm me or @adent42 for a download link to it to use in the short term.
We are also aware of the deadline coming up for making some changes to how banner ads are displayed (so that they work with the new iPhone x). This is also being looked into and we'll give you some more info when an update is out.
We appreciate you guys giving the web version a try and giving us feedback so we know where to improve it.
Importing of larger projects is going to happen once we finish implementing behaviors, which is going pretty fast and we hope to have it done pretty soon. Basically, since most larger games are going to be using at least some of the unimplemented behaviors, we figure it would work best to get the remaining behaviors done first.
There's currently a version in testing with a lot of nice updates:
- Added a setting for the changing of actor size when an image is applied to it.
Previously: When an image was added the actor would change its width/height to match the image
Now: Through the setting you can choose to have the actor resize to ½, ¼, ⅔, or the full size of the image being applied
UI Updates / Changes
- First pass of tighter UI elements (affecting behaviors, lists in the library, attributes, etc)
- Dragging of actors starts on "mouse down" and doesn't require a click first.
- New Ways to Organize Behavior Library (Unsorted [the default alphabetical], By Type, By Usage)
- If a behavior is disabled, it's errors become warnings now.
- Warning on deletion of attributes referenced in a behavior.
- Support for basic expression validation.
- New UI for hiding / showing sidebars.
- Settings/profile stuff is now also available at the top-right of the page for more intuitive access.
- Accelerate Towards
- Change Velocity
- Change Size
- Close App (formerly Quit Game)
- Pause Music
- Play Music
- Stop Music
- Show Banner Ad
- Show "More Games" Ad
- Keyboard Input (Now labeled: Show Text Input Dialog)
- Load Attribute
- Log Debugging Statement
- Open URL Action
- Rotate To Angle
- Save Attribute
- Save Table
- Path Find
To expedite release for next week, a few of these behaviors may drop off the list if they fail testing, but things look good so far.
- Firefox can now see actor previews. Number fields in behaviors will have more space.
- Ability to type in negative numbers in fields (you could paste whole negative numbers or use the increment/decrement before to get negative numbers but you couldn't just type a '-')
- Uncommon bug for sorting actors and scenes should be fixed.
- Fixed bugs with layer reordering.
We’ll continue listening to your input for new web version to find things you most want added / tweaked.