Mac Creator Release 1.25.84 is available (High Sierra Fix)

ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

Notes:

If you are on Mac OS X Sierra or newer, you should download the update directly from here: http://releases.gamesalad.com/creator/1.25.84/GameSalad-Creator-1.25.84.dmg

This current release should fix updater issues for Sierra and High Sierra so you should be able to update through the tool itself instead of needing to download and install a fresh copy.

Creator Updates

• Fixes bugs related to macOS High Sierra.
  • Updated support URLs.
  • Upgraded Sparkle Updater. Updates should work on Sierra and High Sierra again.
  • Upgraded Bugsplat Bug Reporting.
  • Upgrade of OpenSSL.
  • Removal of dead code.

iOS Updates

• Loading image size has been updated on the publishing site to account for iPhone X. Loading image will now maintain aspect ratio and crop depending omn the device.
  • AdMob for iOS updated to version 7.26.0. Ads are repositioned appropriately on iPhone X.
  • RevMob for iOS updated to version 10.0. Ads are repositioned appropriately on iPhone X.
  • Store Icon is now included in the bundle. You should upload 1024×1024 icons for publishing.

Comments

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@ForumNinja said:
    Notes:

If you are on Mac OS X Sierra or newer, you should download the update directly from here: http://releases.gamesalad.com/creator/1.25.84/GameSalad-Creator-1.25.84.dmg

This current release should fix updater issues for Sierra and High Sierra so you should be able to update through the tool itself instead of needing to download and install a fresh copy.

Creator Updates

• Fixes bugs related to macOS High Sierra.
    • Updated support URLs.
    • Upgraded Sparkle Updater. Updates should work on Sierra and High Sierra again.
    • Upgraded Bugsplat Bug Reporting.
    • Upgrade of OpenSSL.
    • Removal of dead code.

iOS Updates

• Loading image size has been updated on the publishing site to account for iPhone X. Loading image will now maintain aspect ratio and crop depending omn the device.
    • AdMob for iOS updated to version 7.26.0. Ads are repositioned appropriately on iPhone X.
    • RevMob for iOS updated to version 10.0. Ads are repositioned appropriately on iPhone X.
    • Store Icon is now included in the bundle. You should upload 1024×1024 icons for publishing.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• blobblob Member, PRO Posts: 229

ahahaha.... :) the Jeremiah gif does fit well here!

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

You glorious human being @ForumNinja

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

Tried using it with 10.12.6 and it crashed first time using it, and I can't even remember last time the last version crashed. Also when I added a change attribute to actor attributes not showing up after I select them. Is it more stable on High Sierra?.

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

@BBEnk said:
    Tried using it with 10.12.6 and it crashed first time using it, and I can't even remember last time the last version crashed. Also when I added a change attribute to actor attributes not showing up after I select them. Is it more stable on High Sierra?.

@ForumNinja - is this version for Mac OS Sierra or newer only?
    I attempted running the previous beta version of this release on Mac OS Yosemite and it crashed many times (particularly when attempting to use the scroll bars on larger scenes), the beta version also ran noticeably slower on Yosemite too.

Are we advised not to update unless running Sierra or newer??

• cucuvayaGamescucuvayaGames Member Posts: 18

Trying to put an image in the particle system, and every time I run the game the image is gone. anybody else having this problem????

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited January 2018

@cucuvayaGames said:
    Trying to put an image in the particle system, and every time I run the game the image is gone. anybody else having this problem????

I've had something similar for months - not sure why it does it, but it's been hit and miss on when it clears the images on my particles behaviours itself, for months now... :frowning: (although it now sounds like it's worse)

NOTE:- Yep, this is WITHOUT even adding/modifying/re-importing any images into my project...

edited January 2018

@ForumNinja @adent42 This build in general seems to be faster for me on Sierra than the last, but I did encounter a bug or two.

When I enter an actor from the scene level, click on edit prototype, add a self attribute, and then hit the back button, the attribute does not show up in the self list for the actor on the scene. I can also exit the scene, and click back in on it and it still will not update with the new attribute, even though the prototype has it.

Only closing an reopening the program seemed to work for me.

Oh and this is not an unlocked actor, just a normal one.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@cucuvayaGames said:

This has been the case for at least a year or so.

• Twisted WireTwisted Wire Member, PRO Posts: 13

My app has been stuck on "generating" on the publishing page for about an hour now. I was able to generate builds last night with no problem. Is anyone else having this happen, or is it just me?

Comparing 1.25.80 to 1.25.84 on Sierra (not high sierra) the preview seems to lag a bit more now, this one's harder to pin down, but it seems to get worse the more "views" you click through before doing a preview.

Custom resolutions above iPad resolutions size are where it shows the most (I'm on a 4k, so I tend to preview at 2560x1600 or at least 1920x1200 so I can see things properly). But even the iPad size preview seems to "jutter" a bit more.

Which is funny because every other view is faster besides that (home scene view, actor view, loading between scenes, drop downs, etc).

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Great to see this version officially pushed. However, on my Sierra machine it's obsessed with my keychain. I have to enter my keychain password 5-10 times every launch, even if I press "Always allow."

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187
    edited January 2018

@Socks said:

It works on the online tool I don’t see them fixing that in creator now or ever.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@Armelline yah, we're not sure what's up with that, though on my machine after the second time it stops. But I have seen it.

@AlchimiaStudios , @BBEnk
    For the attributes bug, I'm not sure what's up but I have a suspicion, I'll take a look later this week (gotta do boring admin stuff like expense reports).

@DigiChain we haven't tested on older versions, just Sierra and newer. It's built against the High Sierra SDK but with a Lion minimum target. There weren't any blockers to compiling so I had hoped it would just work. I'm considering for the next release to make the minimum version Sierra, but I'll need to check our usage stats first.

@AlchimiaStudios
    For preview performance issues, I'll do some more digging, but you shouldn't see much of a difference since we didn't touch the engine except to include code for the ad stuff (which shouldn't only run when there are ads). There are other issues to fix, so I'll try to take a look.

@Twisted Wire things should be unstuck now, though you might have to reload the page and generate again. PM @ForumNinja if you still have problems, or better yet ping the blue support box.

@adent42 Stopped for me too now. Not something to worry about I guess! However, odd things are happening with tables. It seems like, in preview, tables will sometimes "stick" with their changed value, even after you try to change the value again, and even after exiting and re-entering preview.

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

@Twisted Wire said:
    My app has been stuck on "generating" on the publishing page for about an hour now. I was able to generate builds last night with no problem. Is anyone else having this happen, or is it just me?

@ForumNinja @adent42 mine is stuck too (tried refreshing, new browser, republishing etc. to no avail)

@adent42 When builds generate, I get told off by Apple:

Invalid Image Path - No image found at the path referenced under key "CFBundleIcons": AppIcon60x60

Invalid Image Path - No image found at the path referenced under key "CFBundleIcons": AppIcon76x76

Invalid Image Path - No image found at the path referenced under key "CFBundleIcons": AppIcon83.5x83.5

Missing required icon file - The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0.

Missing required icon file - The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '76x76' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0.

Missing required icon file - The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '152x152' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0.

Once these issues have been corrected, you can then redeliver the corrected binary.

edited January 2018

@ForumNinja @adent42 Not sure what occurred these last two builds but it caused some strange errors:

-Automatically removes particle behavior images to "no value" when opening an actor
    -Removes images from "Change Image" behavior when opening an actor
    -App icon is missing
    -IAP's no longer work properly and hang in "processing" status

Something is definitely broken.

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Brillant!

Haven't had too much of a play around, but having the same experience as @Armelline in regards to logging in and keychain.

Thanks for the update team!

Best,
    Two.E

• CCBBCCBB Member, PRO Posts: 19

@Armelline @adent42 getting the same Invalid Image Path and Missing required icon file errors from Application Loader.

• AdrenalineAdrenaline Member Posts: 523

I'm only a casual developer (who takes tons of extended breaks from developing), so I usually only come here to stay updated on the GS landscape and occasionally for a good laugh. Lately, though, it's been depressing.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

It seems publishing got backed up again. I added a cronjob to restart the icon processor every night. Now I'm looking into the icon thing. I think something I did to clear up the back up might have skipped downloading the icons.

Yah... looking at the logs, someone has a project with lots of images that's taking forever to process. I'll need to look into ways to speed that up or prevent it from blocking work.

@adent42 said:
    Yah... looking at the logs, someone has a project with lots of images that's taking forever to process. I'll need to look into ways to speed that up or prevent it from blocking work.

Was it using Resolution Independence? I know before I switched to non-RI publishing my massive project would take about 3 times as long to generate. It would often fail because the server app that handled it (imagick?) would fail to generate the various 2x,3x,etc images properly toward the end and eventually would say a random set of images were corrupted and to republish.

Yup. I've pushed some code to run some of the RI in parallel. We're debating whether to blanket turn it off for all or just remove the option in the next release of the tool.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@adent42 said:
    We're debating whether to...

Turn it off immediately and then remove it later in an update. It's unnecessary today anyway, only creates confusion, IMO.

@supafly129 said:
    @ForumNinja @adent42 Not sure what occurred these last two builds but it caused some strange errors:

-Automatically removes particle behavior images to "no value" when opening an actor
    -Removes images from "Change Image" behavior when opening an actor
    -IAP's no longer work properly and hang in "processing" status

Something is definitely broken.

@adent42 @ForumNinja any insight into the above?

@adent42 Still stuck generating apps.