features

PimanPiman Member, PRO Posts: 165

Where can I find a comprehensive list of Gamesalad features? I worked with GS in 2013, and am curious about the progress. For example, do we have pixel-perfect collisions now?

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Piman said:
    . . . curious about the progress.

Progress has been tortuously slow since 2013, for most of that half decade GameSalad has focused on newer projects, all of which - so far - have been abandoned (Lua-Free engine, Graphene, New Graphics engine . . . and currently a Web version of GS...), so Creator itself hasn't seen much progress, but there have been a couple of useful features added.

Custom collisions - not integrated, needs an external tool, a little hit and miss, but works pretty well the majority of the time.

Custom fonts, the ability to import fonts.

And not forgetting the 'buzz' behaviour (triggers a buzz on iPhones).

There might be a couple of other smaller things I've forgotten, but these are the main developments since you've been in prison.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Gamepad support , HTML5 publishing , Admob ads and Ad rewards

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Exit game behavior for android. Physics engine update for better collisions, can sleep, and pin features. Loops and loop updates for triggering more than once per frame.

Think that's it now =P

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• PimanPiman Member, PRO Posts: 165

Wow,.. that's really disappointing. Looks like I made a good call to switch to Unity. My main interesting in GameSalad is for the production of original but simple mobile games,.. being able to iterate and deploy quickly.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@Piman said:
    Wow,.. that's really disappointing. Looks like I made a good call to switch to Unity. My main interesting in GameSalad is for the production of original but simple mobile games,.. being able to iterate and deploy quickly.

That's... kinda what GS does. Unity is more comprehensive and powerful though.

Follow us: Twitter - Website