iPhone X build

tvappstvapps Member, PRO Posts: 42

As many of you are aware, starting April we will be required to support iPhone X screen aspect ratio, I am planning on updating an app however with this app I need to use the stretch screen aspect ratio which will just stretch the existing app ratio and will stretch it like it does for iPads. Has anyone released a build with an iPhone aspect ratio and had it stretch for other devices, specifically will stretch work for iPhone X? I read in another thread that GameSalad already has updated for this to work so I am wondering about everyones results with the Stretch function on iPhone X when creating their build to submit to the app store...

Comments

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

I have video's on my Youtube channel for Universal builds that work just fine with iPhone X and anything else.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCISegV_8lk0IIQ2-xZ7o8Vg

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Take a look here: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/604772#Comment_604772

So in my sample, I only made the sample for iPhone 5 -> iPad because it was easier to test, but you can do the same for iPhone X with some adjustments to the logic.

TL;DR version: if you don't want to move your game's UI or adjust for overscan because it breaks gameplay, you can instead adjust the camera and pad the UI with an image or some bonus UI for people with wider screens.

• tvappstvapps Member, PRO Posts: 42
    edited March 2018

Thank you both, this helps a lot!

Quick question though, if it want to use Stretch instead of overscan, will GS currently stretch for iPhone X if it set it to stretch? (if I build with the latest version)

I'm still using 1.25.80 and it works fine on iPhone X using stretch.

edited March 2018

@BBEnk said:

So in your build on the store, does it fill the whole screen or are there black bars at the top on iPhone X?

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

@BBEnk said:

Are you using Admob banner in top or bottom? does it move to safe area?

edited March 2018

@tvapps said:

@BBEnk said:

So in your build on the store, does it fill the whole screen or are there black bars at the top on iPhone X?

Cover's entire screen.

@freneticz said:

@BBEnk said:

Are you using Admob banner in top or bottom? does it move to safe area?

Chartboost video ads.