Could not code sign because there is no developer identity matching the selected provisioning . . .

Trying to publish app but during "Signing app. . ." get message box: "Could not code sign because there is no developer identity matching the selected provisioning profile."

What is wrong?

I have valid Certificates in my Keychain access, both for iPhone Developer and Distribution.

The Provisioning Profile is Active and has been downloaded and opened in Xcode Organizer.

A possible problem is that the Provisioning profile in the Organizer window has a Status of "Valid signing identity not found".

There are also no keys attached to my certificates in Keychain Access. Don't know if that is a problem.

Comments

• TokuharaTokuhara Member Posts: 94
    Sometimes it happens when you renew your apple developer program.
    You will need to reinstall the developer and distribution certificates .
    Renew your game provisioning profile at developer.apple.com, download and reinstall it with xcode.
    You can take a look at cookbook on how to install (or reinstall, same process) the certificates.
    http://cookbook.gamesalad.com/tutorials/3/parts/12
  • Gordio283Gordio283 Member, PRO Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Could this be a server issue? I'm noticing a lot of similar questions. I'm trying to publish my first Mac App, and I'm pretty sure I did all the steps, but the drop down menu to choose the Provisioning profile says "no mac developer certificates found"
  • dsrn@mac.comdsrn@mac.com Member, PRO Posts: 13

I am having the same issue at the moment, was there a resolution to this??

• tinoboss123tinoboss123 Member Posts: 6

@Tokuhara how do i reinstall all that

• SarahbushSarahbush Member, PRO Posts: 55

did anyone manage to figure this out?

I'm getting the same message - i did renew my developer account today - but i also started the whole process again (new certificated etc..) and I'm still getting the message..

not sure what to do.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Refresh xcode. Have you set your account info in Xcode preferences? Also refresh your profiles et..

• TheWildShroomTheWildShroom Member, PRO Posts: 17

Open up XCode > Preferences > Accounts. Click the little + and the bottom right and add your developer account. - Done.

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@TheWildShroom This thread is from 2015 :tongue:

• Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Member, PRO Posts: 302
    edited July 2018

tough stuff

• Titanical Tech ProductionTitanical Tech Production Member, PRO Posts: 35

Same problem. I got the correct updated files. Signed up few months ago in Developer Apple and did all the steps in App Store Connect (iTunes Connect) as GameSalad Cookbook. It seems much easier to publish in Google Play Store than in the App Store. Certificates are all updated. Identifier all connected to provisioning profiles. Provisioning Profiles all correctly matched. First I get errors saying that the profiles don't match and then now it says it doesn't say the developer identity doesn't match the selected profiles when I checked and it did

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

@Titanical Tech Production said:
    Same problem. I got the correct updated files. Signed up few months ago in Developer Apple and did all the steps in App Store Connect (iTunes Connect) as GameSalad Cookbook. It seems much easier to publish in Google Play Store than in the App Store. Certificates are all updated. Identifier all connected to provisioning profiles. Provisioning Profiles all correctly matched. First I get errors saying that the profiles don't match and then now it says it doesn't say the developer identity doesn't match the selected profiles when I checked and it did

i was getting these issues when i first tried publishing. spent hours trying to get it right over three nights. then found because i kept trying to do it right, i had multiple certificates, that were stuffing me up.

then i followed thunderchild's video step by step (pinned near the top of these forums) and got it working from there. if you haven't already followed that video step by step, i'd recommend it.

and, make sure you don't have duplicate certificates before you do it, and make sure your version numbers in gs are greater than the previous published version each time you publish to app store.

How to delete duplicate certificates from xcode

I would like a link to that video

certificates should be in your keychain i think it was.

also, i should mention, and this one took me some time to find while i was d!cking around trying to get my first build submitted, when you use xcode application loader to send your finished product to apple, you first need to:

• make a folder called "Payload", spelled exactly like that with a capital P
    • drag your project file into the "Payload" folder
    • compress the "Payload" folder
    • rename it "Payload.ipa" and select ok when your puta asks if you are sure you want to use .ipa
    • use "Payload.ipa" as the file you send to app store connect using application downloader in xcode.

hope that helps.

What is Payload for?

Which file do we name Payload.ipa?

Which file do we name Payload.ipa?

the new folder you create is called P'ayload'. drag your app project file into the payload folder (don't change the name of your app file that goes into Payload). then compress the 'Payload' folder. Rename that compressed (.zip) file to be 'Payload.ipa'. it will change into an itunes icon. that's the file you need to upload to your apple account.

Do you include the assets into the Payload file?

edited August 2018

Do you include the assets into the Payload file?

no. just the app file built by gamesalad that should be signed with your app store certificate.

What is the Tapdaq error-90179 Invalid Code Signing

What is the Tapdaq error-90179 Invalid Code Signing

not sure, but it sounds like you signed with the wrong provisioning profile Ii did that i lost count of how many times before getting it right). did you follow the video tute from thunderchild? delete your previous certificates and profiles and start from scratch. follow the video instructions point by point.

from that you should have three profiles. one that makes an ad hoc build, one for the app store and another one i can’t remember off the top of my head right now.

to submit to the app store, you need to use the app store profile.

Why do we need the adhoc certificate when I am not going to use adhoc.

Why do we need the adhoc certificate when I am not going to use adhoc.

you don’t need it if you aren’t going to use it. it’s just there so you can live test your game on your apple device if you want to.