Is this old post still true?

Reset Scene kills background music
firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Posts: 3,203MEMBER December 2009 edited 10:44PM in Working with GS (Mac)

Hey,

Currently, Reset Scene will shut off the background .mp4 file...

It would be nice if the music is able to keep on playing. A lot of these games have a "Try Again" button on a level, and it is so handy to use Reset Scene to accomplish this.

Right now, the workaround is to use Change Scene instead. If I do a Change Scene to the current Scene I am on, it works fine.

But now I have to have a bazillion IF statements...

If game.currentLevel = 1, change scene to level 1
If game.currentLevel = 2, change scene to level 2
etc.
etc.

My game currently has 100 levels, and I have to use this workaround in 3 places.
It adds 300 Rules to my game.

Adding the following to the possible Scene choices in the dropdown list would be awesome:

Current Scene
Previous Scene
Next Scene
Preserved Scene

Or a way to concatenate Scene Names would be so helpful for me.

Please know that I think GS is fantastic! I cannot tell you you what a thrill it is to actually play my game on an iPhone just a few days after I started making it.

This software is so much fun. Thanks to everyone at Gendai for creating this!

Best,
Joe

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited July 2018

I'm not sure about the audio issue but the Change Scene behavior is much improved:

You can even select "At Index" which allows you to choose a scene based on an expression (for example, game.currentLevel).

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User