Icon won't save while publishing.. Any help?

Each time I would previously update my game in publishing, i would always have to re-select an image for my icon. It would upload and show my image. Today when I try to upload, it just keeps saying no file selected. I don't want to build a file with no icon. Is there any way to troubleshoot this problem?

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Previously, the icon would upload but not show on the publishing page on many browsers. On the catalogue of games it would, though - so you could still tell the icon was actually there. I suspect that you were uploading it repeatedly unnecessarily. There is definitely a bigger problem with icon uploading right now, though - I just tried to upload one with Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Brave and was unable to do so with any. @adent42 says he's hoping to look into it today, so the best thing to do right now is wait, or keep trying with other browsers.

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 680

Have you tried uploading 1024px icon instead of 512px? I seem to remember that worked for me.

• weaselpopgames2020weaselpopgames2020 Member, PRO Posts: 8

Ok, thanks @Armelline . I always wondered if it was unnecessary, but definitely felt better seeing there on the publishing page. So after i upload GS project file, if there is an icon showing when i choose "update existing game", does that mean it is saved even if it doesn't show in publishing? And will be in the build of the file?

@strag , yes thanks, i had tried both. But i think Armelline was right about browser issues

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

It should be fixed now. We were doing an upgrade as part of the latest release and some things broke. They are now un-broke.

edited May 2020

@adent42 Was still unable to upload with Safari but it worked with Chrome. Unsure about Firefox as I tried Chrome second. Icon visibility issue also remains in Safari.

@adent42 Sorry, doesn't work. The icon looks like it uploads but doesn't stick. Still not present in the generated app, despite showing up in Chrome (until a page refresh when it vanishes).

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

There's a javascript update needed. Try hitting shift+reload and see if it helps.

edited May 2020

@adent42 That seems to have done the trick in Chrome. Still issues in Safari but no biggie there as long as it works in one. Trying a new upload now to see if it resolves the asset catalog issue.

Edit: Confirmed fixed, all is good now, it was the icon all along. Was just unforunate timing it seems!

Yah. I have no idea what's happening in safari yet. Debugging has it just seem to work but not, so I'll need to keep digging.

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 680
    edited June 2020

Still an issue with the Icon on publisher. Whatever I do it doesn't show when I try to upload. This is on Chrome and Edge.