Hello old friends...

My old account appears to be disolved or something...no badges...nothing...however my game builds at least are still available. LOL Gotta love all those slots games...spent almost 3 years on those.Was going through papers the other days and found stacks of legal pads with number generator methods and tons and tons of If/Than/Otherwise cascades. I think almost 4K lines without the wilds.

Anyways I just thought Id stop by to see how things are going. I have a brand new Mac being delivered Thursday...thinkin about workin on some of my old games if the current software hasnt bricked them.

Either way I have a few game ideas...some writtin on paper...some in my head...feeling it would take me a couple months just to remember how to use GS.

😎 Thunderchild

Comments

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

ah the guy that restored my sanity with his ios publishing video.

welcome back

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Welcome back, Thunderchild! I've been away but got drawn back in by the possibility of syncing table data with Google Sheets. I built a student directory for the school where I teach and that was the last piece of the puzzle -- being able to update rosters on the fly without re-publishing the app. Got it working yesterday... pretty excited!

Yeah, I know what you mean about scraps of paper with algorithms. :)

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Hey Thunderchild, welcome back!

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Hey Thunderchild, good to see you again! I was pretty inactive for a long time too but renewed my license a few months ago. Gamesalad seems to have a way of pulling you back in! :)

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

haha, I feel you. I re-opened GS for the first time in probably 2 years a month or so ago to republish a few old games I had that had been removed. It took forever to remember how everything worked, and now I'm wondering why the hell I did things certain ways.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

Hey Thunderchild, nice to see you again!

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

Hello @thunderchildgs! Welcome back to the forum.

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

Great to see some old names here! I'm also here updating some of my games (although I do still watch the forums when not active).

Currently trying to integrate Ironsource ads into my old apps - but it's been a frustrating process so far... brings back memories!

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Welcome back, sir!

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 680

Welcome back, no way I could of ever published to iOS without your video ;)

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

Welcome back Thunderchild! Now we just need the return of TShirtbooth to complete the set 😂

• thunderchildgsthunderchildgs Member Posts: 7

back again...just was able to find the old DX Ball game from the late 90s and played some tonight. My mom was ranked 8th in the world. was the inspiration for my game GS Ball....if you can imagine where the GS came from. anyways...just before it was taken off the appstore for not being updated...it had a rather large spurt of downlaods in China...and I was able to download it on my phone last week also on my new iPone 13...deep in the bowels of my "purchases"....anyways...I feel the urge to completely remake the game. simplistic for sure... but had gameplay that accelrated so quickly I think it could be a hit with the way games are now days...so annoying you have to play agin.

and I did just happen to get a new Macbook Air...hmmmmm

lord it will take so much to remember how to use this software...

anyways...just showing my son the game and the forums....still hovering over the comeback button.😎

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

Great that you back fella. Looking forward to updates 🥳

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

1) Welcome back!

2) We have tutorials! https://learn.gamesalad.com

3) We also have a new web version! https://creator.gamesalad.com

Looking forward to seeing it on stores!

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Nice to see ya around!