Display text not working on android.

It works perfectly showing "Level 001" on gamesalads viewer but when I upload and sign APK and load it onto my android phones it doesn't show anything. Please help!

Note: I have alpha set to 0 and I have graphic set as visible.

Comments

• UltraLionBluUltraLionBlu Member Posts: 157

If the alpha is on 0 the actor becomes invisible, it seems normal to me that he is not seen. Have you tried setting it to 1?

• realworthygamesrealworthygames Member Posts: 31

When I see it to 1 then I get a white rectangle around my word. But no I haven't tried it. I will try when I get home in a few hours.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Could it be a font issue? Maybe the font you picked in Gamesalad doesn't display on Android?

I am using Cambay.. how do I know if android supports it? Is there anyway to import an android approved font?

I know I can import pictures and set it 1 by 1 but that will take forever..

Okay now I'm home.. so here is what I have in my display text.

Display:

"Level 00"..game.SceneGo

edited October 2020

It shows up properly on the GS viewer. What am I doing wrong?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

ping the support channel with a copy of your game and they may be able to help.

my first question would be wether you uploaded the game to publishing manually or via Creator.

To save space on your saved filed, creator inserts the fonts on publish for the "default" fonts but not when you hit "Save".

So if you upload the file directly, then the font is missing. If you publish, that's when we insert the font.

Otherwise, our team should be able to help.

Resolved. It works when I hit publish. I might have manually uploaded it yesterday. Thanks @adent42 !