New Macbook Air... Yes or No?

CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828
edited January 2021 in Miscellaneous

Im getting back into GS. I have a few games I was working on and decided to finish them out. Ive been gone while and know there has to have been a lot of changes and updates and requirements since I was last here. I travel a lot now so I need a Mac Laptop. Instead of putting a lot of money into the new Macbook Pro. I wanted to know if anyone is using and satisfied with using a Macbook Air for their GS use?

I looked on the site. The last time that part of the FAQ was updated was 2015. SO with all the changes since then. I cant trust the official FAQ.

Answers

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

i occasionally use my macbook air 11” but found it’s too small for regular use. you’re really the only one that knows what suits you’re needs.

• CaptFinnCaptFinn Member Posts: 1,828

Im refering to its ability to handle GS software. Power, system lag, etc etc. Can it handle what GS

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793
    edited January 2021

my 2012 model handles the most recent version

• DorothyHenriksenDorothyHenriksen Member Posts: 2

The Mac-book Air is the best laptop, I am 100 percent comfortable recommending it to anyone who asks me for computer advice. It has an excellent keyboard and trackpad, and it has a great operating system. It is just a good portable Laptop.

• Chris FitsimonsChris Fitsimons Member Posts: 134

I use GS on an M1 Mac and its fast. If I only had $1000 I would get the air.

• adam36021adam36021 Member, PRO Posts: 45

I'm about to do the same thing. The M1 air is best in class from apple, first product like that in a long, long time. You can't go wrong.