Android AAB Support

Comments

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

Any news on this @adent42 i got 2 games i want to release :)

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Sorry for the delay, I decided to disconnect for Labor Day here in the US. I've made a fix to publishing so if you hit Generate AAB again, you should be good to go.

• ZombieFactory GamesZombieFactory Games Member, PRO Posts: 20

Just tried to generate .aab file and it worked well, no more error from Google

Thanks @adent42

• gmsld21gmsld21 Member, PRO Posts: 5

Google Play refuses what is the solution?

We've detected that this app is using an incompatible version of Play Billing. Please upgrade to Billing Library version 3 or later to publish this app. Learn more about Billing Library version 3.

https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2020/06/meet-google-play-billing-library.html

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034
    edited September 2021

If you generated your app via aab before my last post @gmsld21 just regenerate and resubmit.

• gmsld21gmsld21 Member, PRO Posts: 5

Thanks

• badcomicsbadcomics Member, PRO Posts: 30

@adent42 or Anyone else have an issue with restoring purchases now? I haven't changed any code but the latest APK testing has it failing... Not working???

edited September 2021

I also, just tried an install from new AAB today thru play store. App loads and closes. ?????

APK side install works but not AAB from play store. I signed the AAB, play store accepted it so???

Ugh, I was afraid of that. Could someone PM me a link to a store app so I can see what's happening in a live environment?

@adent42 it is internal testing only... I could add you as an internal tester

@adent42 , noticed that it isnt actually closing, minimizing???? I click on the app and it minimizes every time. It is my Baby Fatts: Magic Match game that I am testing on. I could add you as an internal tester or you could download it from my profile?

FYI to everyone else, I removed the billing permission from the Android Manifest as Google says we no longer need it. In the past, that advise has conflicted with the actual app store requirements, so we're looking into what is happening.

• ejj456ejj456 Member, PRO Posts: 20

When you say "It's now required to have the Admob App ID and will crash without it."

We have to enable Admob mod banenr or interstitial ads and enable ads in Google play console?

So if you enable Admob Banner or Interstitial ads, you will need to enter the admob app Id in the in the publishing configuration for admob.

You probably have been doing this.

The warning is mostly for either people with legacy projects from before this was a requirement or if you see your app crashing unexpectedly, it's something you can double check.

• BinnyBinny Seoul, KoreaMember, PRO Posts: 75
    edited September 2021

Is the crash problem when starting the game that occurs on API 30, Android 11, and other Samsung Galaxy devices solved?

My app had a problem after an aab update a week ago, so I added an apk update again. After that, there are problems such as the app does not open or the button is not pressed smoothly in the game. (LG-Android 9, Samasung Galaxy-Android 10, Samasung Galaxy-Andoid11)

I'm worried that the low ratings are increasing due to recent problems.

Will the problem go away if I regenerate and resubmit with aab now?

We pushed out an aab updated yesterday, the problems will not go away but should be better. The problems are somewhere inside Google's Code as afar as we know since we can't find them yet.

I'd generate an apk from the latest aab and resbumit.

Tracking down an idea, anyone without Game Services seeing the increased crash rate?

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,211
    edited September 2021

Hi in my last AAB i see that AdMob interstitial show just one time

i mean usually there are a little delay but in this case Interstitials show just one time meanwhile the banners works fine.

Someone have the same issue?

edited September 2021

@pinkio75 can you PM me your game so I can check out what's up. It was fine in testing with admob test IDs but there may be something different with real ad ids that we need to adjust for.

Haven't found a fix yet, but it's definitely something with the Android SDK versions. If I move down to API 29 it all works fine again.

• AshumBesherAshumBesher Member, PRO Posts: 121

Is the crash others are getting the same as my SQLite error, or is mine a different issue?

I need to test some more, but I think I worked out the issue for crashes of the AABs on Android 11. Please regenerate and give it a shot. (It was a pointer issue introduced with Android 11).

I'll need to spend some time regenerating APKs before the APKs on RC are fixed.

FYI the APKs won't be updated for a bit. It seems the new flag needed to fix the Android 11 issue on Samsung (and probably a few other newer devices) is not compatible with our toolset at the moment. So we'll need to spend some time patching the build process to build an aab and then generate an APK for you from that.

For now, just follow the instructions from the thread to create a universal APK (or just upgrade to AABs).

• AshumBesherAshumBesher Member, PRO Posts: 121

I think my issue is resolved, the game no longer crashes on launch with the latest aab. Thanks a lot :)

Although now I seem to have the same issue as Pinkio75, I only get an AdMob interstitial ad the one time.

Yah, I can now finally look into that issue! Crash before cash or something like that? :p

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,211

Yes and i try with a normal APK from "RC Button" and the issue is still present i see just one time the interstitials ADV meanwhile banners works fine.

• boolsisboolsis Member, PRO Posts: 29

@adent42 With the latest update to AAB via publish, are we still limited to generating APKs and signing them via command line?

• BinnyBinny Seoul, KoreaMember, PRO Posts: 75
    edited September 2021

Updated to the latest aab. I received reviews that there was still a problem with the button touch not working properly that was there before. (Samsung Galaxy Note9, Android10)

And, the attached image is a message when it crashes when running on Android 5.1.1 emulator. Does this have anything to do with the above issue?