how to delete unused sounds?

Is there a way to erase the sounds that are not being used in the project?

It is that as sound effects are tested in different parts of the game, the files accumulate, is there a way to "clean" the unused audios in a practical way?

In case of not being able, is there a way to know if an audio is being used or not in the game?

Thank you and happy 2022 to all!

Comments

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

Thats a very good question, i'm going to check properly for you..

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 521

Maybe @adent42 can give an idea?

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,211

With DBA Optimizer Projects you can do something like that... but the softwares not works on Catalina.

If i remember the app can scan the intere project and show you all unused files like sound, images and actors; but you can't delete files directly from it you just have a list of unused files and you need to re-open the project and remove files one for time.

So if you have a tons of audio files is not the best solution.

Thanks @pinkio75 I will investigate the DBA Optimizer...

I guess going one on one is better than nothing :P

I think that in this same way, perhaps there is a way to search in any of the xml of the game for each audio to see if it is used? I suppose that if it is possible, then make a basic tool should not be very difficult ... perhaps again in this, is @adent42 who can enlighten us?

👀

Anybody got a copy of the DBA optimiser?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

We don't currently have a "mass delete" in the tool or a way to see if an asset is in use. Just deleting individual sounds as you go by hitting the delete button.

Would be nice if you could add this, also folders for sounds & sprites would be good..

no reply here?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

We've got on our list a view in Creator 2.0 that will allow for a folder like view of actor tags.

As for mass delete of assets, that is possible in Creator, though we still don't have a "unused assets" view.

When things are in development for a long time these things are needed, not just wanted.

Is there an update planned anytime soon @adent42 ?