GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GameSalad Viewer - unable to locate GameSalad creator over wifi

prthompsonprthompson Posts: 3Member
edited August 2012 in Working with GS (PC)
Hi I have installed GameSalad viewer (Android) to test games over Wifi from Windows GameSalad Beta. When I launch the viewer app it attempts to connect but always fails with an error underneath "Connected to Wifi" saying "Gamesalad creator not found" - anyone experience this or have a solution? GameSalad Windows Beta 0.9.92, viewer installed from doc about publishing to Android. Thanks for any pointers!

Comments

• uptimistikuptimistik VenezuelaPosts: 3,598Member, Sous Chef, PRO
    Sometimes it just does not connect to certain Android devices. I find the lower end Android devices give the most trouble. What device are you using? Can you give us some specs on it?

New Templates Daily At The Official GameSalad Marketplace GSHelper.com

• prthompsonprthompson Posts: 3Member
    Hi uptimistik, its an HTC Desire, running Android 2.2 (which may be the problem I suppose, but no official update to upgrade it to a higher Android version!). Thanks for your help so far!
  • uptimistikuptimistik VenezuelaPosts: 3,598Member, Sous Chef, PRO
    Oh yeah...I'm not sure about 2.2...that may be your issue..

New Templates Daily At The Official GameSalad Marketplace GSHelper.com

• prthompsonprthompson Posts: 3Member
    Thanks, I think that might be it. If anyone knows for sure could they post the minimum Android version for both apps developed with GameSalad Windows and the viewer app? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.