GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can saved project be ported for use on Mac?

We've started a small company, and not all of us work on the Mac OS. The work I am doing is on a PC, but I need to "share it" to a coworker who is on a Mac. Is it possible for us to save back and forth this way?

Comments

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasPosts: 2,870Member, Sous Chef
    Yes, it is. I don't know how it will hold up if you keep switching back and forth a bunch of times, but supposedly, it's capable of doing that.

I have no friends. I'm a loser that makes video games all day. Will you be my friend?

• OneCixOneCix Posts: 2Member
    Thanks, Slick. Don't see the .gsproj file for me to open on the PC that he did on the Mac. Was it saved wrong?
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    On the PC you have to export the project for Mac. Thats in the file menu I believe

To go the other way its kinda a pain in the **** though. The process has been described on the forums before though so a search should find it for you. Also I think there is a video planned. It involved modifying the .gsproj contents a little bit.

Another thing you have to keep in mind is you guys need to both be in the same version of GameSalad.

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    Mac to Windows. I made a small note at the end about how to do the mac exporting.

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

This discussion has been closed.