GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you be interested in some tools to help you use Windows Creator?

cbtcbt Posts: 644Member
edited February 2014 in Working with GS (PC)
Hello all,

I've been working on a simple "merger" for Windows for a friend of mine. As far as I know there are no working tools to do that on Windows. It will work on windows and it will be able to:

-Merge 2 different projects. (You will be able to add a joystick to your game from a template with one button click)
-Copy a scene from another project, to your project. (If you only want to get a single scene of a template)
-Merge a scene from another project, to a scene in your project. (The new scene will be merged with your existing scene)
-Rearrange the order of game/actor variables. (So that you can group together some later created but related vars)
-Change the type of game/actor variables. (If you decide to get a 'real' type precision out of an integer)
-Some more?

Since I'm already coming up with core mechanics, maybe I should also create a simple UI and release the tool? What are your thoughts? Is there a need for something like that windows users? Would you like to see any other features? Just give me some comments :)

Comments

• CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaPosts: 1,078Member
    I would love this tool for PC. I say go for it;)
  • FajlajpFajlajp Posts: 666Member
    That would be great. Even if I don't use PC, I think(know) that many people would love that :D
    By the way, sent you a pm
  • cbtcbt Posts: 644Member
    Fajlajp said:

That would be great. Even if I don't use PC, I think(know) that many people would love that :D
    By the way, sent you a pm

Answered! :) And thanks, I'm trying to understand if there are enough Windows users out there..
  • FajlajpFajlajp Posts: 666Member
    @cbt
    No problems ;) and by the way. Sent you a pm, again :p
    Is it better if I post this on Windows section? Does anybody even use forum categories? I just check the main page, latest activity.
    @cbt i usualy just check the main page latest activity
    I know this tool is popular in Mac users, I'm surprised how little interest in it for Windows users.
    Just a bump.
    The tool can now do merging, time to implement other features.
  • zypp1zypp1 Posts: 142Member
    mate if you look at deep blue apps he sells that exact same thing for MAC and i bought t it go for it bro and i don't even use windows to develop awesome work
  • redneksiredneksi Posts: 12Member
    :-bd
  • redneksiredneksi Posts: 12Member
    ;))
    Bumping this to see if there is any interest. I stopped working on it when I saw no windows users are around but I got a PM today asking about how the project was going. I'm surprised there aren't that much windows users.
    @cbt i now have a mac but it shocks me how i cant use it that much for gamesalad, at the moment i cant open big actors, but on the pc i can go for it, i dont understand, but i love using gamesalad on windows, its perfect
  • lecasm2lecasm2 Posts: 3Member

Bumping to see if there is any new developments. Would love to be able to merge two scenes from my Windows Creator.

• KennedyEKennedyE PH, NigeriaPosts: 34Member, PRO

I use windows creator.