Would this computer be okay to run and use gamesalad for related creation purposes?

I am looking to purchase a new gaming computer from eBay would all the specs such as RAM, processor and graphics card be okay to use gamesalad and preview my projects and upload all my apps the link is below for the computer I want to purchase.
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm?itemId=131245533379

Comments

  • A_ConstantinA_Constantin EnglandMember Posts: 79

    It's probably more than enough, however, if you want to publish to iOS, you need a mac system

  • JoshimsAppsJoshimsApps Member Posts: 8

    @A_Constantin said:

    It's probably more than enough, however, if you want to publish to iOS, you need a mac system

    I said: okay so the specs are okay for do all my relevant tasks? And also I was going to use a service called Mac in cloud to publish my apps to iOS?

  • JimmyMesserJimmyMesser LondonMember Posts: 235

    That's perfect the only thing I'll say is you will need to give your self some time on the mac cloud if you want to use network behaviours as the PC version doesn't support it yet.

  • JoshimsAppsJoshimsApps Member Posts: 8

    @JimmyMesser said:
    That's perfect the only thing I'll say is you will need to give your self some time on the mac cloud if you want to use network behaviours as the PC version doesn't support it yet.

    I said:

    thanks for your response but I'm confused about what you mean by network behaviours for Mac in cloud if I had a subscription on Mac in cloud can I not just upload it to the App Store with my apple developer account?

    Also my friend has a Mac am I able to create the app file using gamesalad then copy it to a USB plug it in to a Mac and it will recognise the file which will allow me to upload it to my Apple developer account?

  • JimmyMesserJimmyMesser LondonMember Posts: 235

    Networking behaviours allow your game to communicate with a website like if you want to add a chat function, online leader board or multiplayer functions to your game.

    Currently the PC version doesn't support these functions as a PRO member.
    So in order to remedy that you would have to add those functions whist using a Mac, until the kind folk at game salad manage to update the PC version again.

    Yes, you can use your friends Mac to upload your game to your apple account.

  • JoshimsAppsJoshimsApps Member Posts: 8

    @JimmyMesser said:
    Networking behaviours allow your game to communicate with a website like if you want to add a chat function, online leader board or multiplayer functions to your game.

    Currently the PC version doesn't support these functions as a PRO member.
    So in order to remedy that you would have to add those functions whist using a Mac, until the kind folk at game salad manage to update the PC version again.

    Yes, you can use your friends Mac to upload your game to your apple account.

    I said:
    Okay thanks very much for your response in order to add these functions to my app do I have use Xcode from Apple or a coding software or can I use gamesalad on the Mac which will already have these features for me?

  • BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

    GameSalad for Windows with be getting the network behaviors in 0.14

  • JimmyMesserJimmyMesser LondonMember Posts: 235

    @BlackCloakGS said:
    GameSalad for Windows with be getting the network behaviors in 0.14

    Is there a rough ETA for 0.14?

  • JimmyMesserJimmyMesser LondonMember Posts: 235

    @JoshimsApps said:
    Okay thanks very much for your response in order to add these functions to my app do I have use Xcode from Apple or a coding software or can I use gamesalad on the Mac which will already have these features for me?

    Network behaviours would be done using Gamesalad, but if you don't need any of that for your game right now then I wouldn't worry about it.

    Xcode would be used to compile and upload to your apple developer account, Although you can make apps using Xcode you wont be doing that.

  • BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 2,250

    @JimmyMesser about a month give or take two weeks.

Sign In or Register to comment.