GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How come

When I drag my ground graphic onto my scene, it takes the image and multiplies it into a giant tiled square? .......

Comments

  • NNterprisesNNterprises Posts: 387Member, PRO

    It always makes a 120x120 square if you directly drag it from your art assets without an actor because it is creating an actor and that's the default

  • Spalding004Spalding004 Posts: 89Member

    Are you dragging an image onto a larger actor already on the screen?

    Doing this replaces the graphic (if any) of an existing actor. If you want to add an actor this way, drag the graphic into an area where there are no other actors.

  • PixelateddaddyPixelateddaddy Posts: 20Member

    @NNterprises said:
    It always makes a 120x120 square if you directly drag it from your art assets without an actor because it is creating an actor and that's the default

    Well what I mean is instead of bringingredients the graphice in as one piece it takes the graphic and makes multiples of it but as if it's one piece.....hard to explain I'll try to post a pic

  • PixelateddaddyPixelateddaddy Posts: 20Member

  • PixelateddaddyPixelateddaddy Posts: 20Member

    Seems it does it when I put the asset to "tiled"

  • PixelateddaddyPixelateddaddy Posts: 20Member

    Please help lol

  • UncloudedStudioUncloudedStudio NetherlandsPosts: 285Member

    @Pixelateddaddy said:
    Seems it does it when I put the asset to "tiled"

    I think you have already answered your question.

    Open your (prototype) actor and in the inspector you will find a tab called "graphics" just set the horizontal and vertical tiling to fixed and you are good to go.

  • PixelateddaddyPixelateddaddy Posts: 20Member

    @UncloudedStudio said:

    @Pixelateddaddy said:
    Seems it does it when I put the asset to "tiled"

    I think you have already answered your question.

    Open your (prototype) actor and in the inspector you will find a tab called "graphics" just set the horizontal and vertical tiling to fixed and you are good to go.

    Yes I realised that but I want to be able to place my ground actor and drag it in tile form to make it extend without having to piece together numerous amounts of the actor.

  • SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822Member

    @Pixelateddaddy said:
    Yes I realised that but I want to be able to place my ground actor and drag it in tile form to make it extend without having to piece together numerous amounts of the actor.

    Then leave it as it is (tiled) ?

  • PixelateddaddyPixelateddaddy Posts: 20Member

    @Socks said:

    @Pixelateddaddy said:
    Yes I realised that but I want to be able to place my ground actor and drag it in tile form to make it extend without having to piece together numerous amounts of the actor.

    Then leave it as it is (tiled) ?

    Look at the image I posted. That is what happens when I hit tiled. It takes the image and makes tons of it all in the actors space. I want it to onlyrics show the single actor in the whole space and tile only when I drag the sides.

  • SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822Member

    @Pixelateddaddy said:
    I want it to onlyrics show the single actor in the whole space and tile only when I drag the sides.

    In 'Graphics' change the tile size to the size you need.

  • PixelateddaddyPixelateddaddy Posts: 20Member

    @Socks said:

    @Pixelateddaddy said:
    I want it to onlyrics show the single actor in the whole space and tile only when I drag the sides.

    In 'Graphics' change the tile size to the size you need.

    I've set the image to its actually size and also have tried 64x64 and all the same result

  • pHghostpHghost London, UKPosts: 2,289Member

    The tile size is in relation to the actor size.

  • PixelateddaddyPixelateddaddy Posts: 20Member

    My actual image is 150x121, so what would I put in actor size and for graphic tile width and height

  • PixelateddaddyPixelateddaddy Posts: 20Member

    Would love some help

  • NNterprisesNNterprises Posts: 387Member, PRO

    Idk anything but this thread they were talking about today says stuff about GS automatically resizing images based on PPI. I got nothing, good luck

    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/92818/ppi-does-it-matter-please-help#latest

  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Posts: 5,461Member, BASIC

    I'm not exactly sure what you need but the demo attached show the different graphic settings option you have for actors. Maybe it will help some. Each actor has had their size increased to 250 x 250 pixels with various graphics setting applied to the images within the actors.

Sign In or Register to comment.